Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 31
Scope and Content The Alamo Navajo Oral History Project collection consists of 23 interviews on 26 CDs with related photographs. The interviews were conducted between 1977 and 1984 with people from the Alamo Navajo Reservation in southwestern New Mexico. The interviewees include: Louise Abeyta, Narciso Abeyta, John Anderson Pino, Denny Y. Apachito, Julian Apachito, Martiano Apachito, Billy Apachito, Hattie Apachito, Helen Apachito, Ida Apachito, Bessie Field Baca, John M. Baca. Thomas Ganadonegro, John Guerro,...
Abstract This collection contains sepia-toned photographic prints of Native American people and culture.
Abstract The Cobb Memorial Photography Collection is consists of photographic prints made, for the most part, by The Cobbs Studio of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Scope and Content The John L. Gay collection (1841-1902) consists primarily of business documents and correspondence concerning Manuel and Rafael Armijo. These papers are particularly valuable in that they throw light on some phases of the Civil War period in New Mexico. The Armijos were merchants with stores in Albuquerque, Mesilla and other places in New Mexico. The Armijos identified themselves with the South at the beginning of the Civil War, and sold quantities of merchandise to Baylor, Sibley, and other...
Dates: 1841-1902 (bulk 1854-1887)
Scope and Content The Dorothy L. Pillsbury Papers consists of fan mail and general correspondence; article typescripts, related research, and correspondence with publishers; publications containing Pillsbury's writings, as well as clippings of published works, book reviews; and a scrapbook. The series and folders overlap, as some materials are arranged loosely by subject, some by date, and some by where/when they were published. The preponderance of material relates to New Mexico and its cultural landscape as...
Abstract Collection contains portraits of Dorothy Pillsbury.
Abstract The collection consists of the general correspondence of Edward L. Bartlett in his positions as Adjutant General of the Territory of New Mexico, private attorney, and Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico, 1882/83-1885, 1896 and 1903
Abstract The majority of the photograph album is dedicated to interior and exterior views of the Stedman house at 646 E. Garcia St., Santa Fe (NM), including architectural features, furnishings, and views.
Abstract The collection consists of manuscript materials, correspondence, newspaper clippings. Among the manuscript materials are typescript and holographic chapters from an unpublished manuscript on Spanish Colonial arts and typescript chapters from the books Indian Stories from the Pueblos and Native Tales of New Mexico.
Dates: 1886-2000 (bulk 1920-1934)
Abstract The Hugh Milton Miller Film Collection consists of 13 reels of film, of which 11 have been converted to DVD. Three of these films are of tourist sights in the American Southwest including New Mexico and Arizona. The other eight films are of Pueblo dances.
Abstract This artificial collection contains portraits of identified individuals obtained from a variety of sources. Some of the items are copies of the originals.
Abstract The collection contains photographs and other illustrative material of 19th and 20th Native Americans and pueblos.
Abstract Modern copies of photographs located in the Laboratory of Anthropology in Santa Fe, documenting the construction of that building in 1930.
Abstract This collection contains photographs taken by Lee Marmon throughout his life. These include images of elders and community members from Laguna and Acoma Pueblos, visual documentation of uranium mines and mills throughout New Mexico, photos of fashion and social life in 1960s and 1970s Palm Springs, CA, among other things.
Abstract The collection contains glass plates, safety film negatives, cellulose nitrate film negatives and prints by Karl (Carl) Moon and Alabama Milner of New Mexico Native Americans.
Abstract This collection contains photographs taken in New Mexico, depicting Santa Fe, Taos, Isleta, Santo Domingo, and other places of scenic or historic interest.
Scope and Content This collection contains the research materials gathered by Historical Research Associates of Missoula, Montana, in conjunction with preparation of The Mescalero Timber Trust, A History of Forest Management on the Mescalero Indian Reservation. The collection consists of photocopies of original documents and reports, largely generated by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The collection is organized in a basic chronological sequence, within broad subject areas. The...
Abstract Photographic postcards of New Mexican Pueblo Native Americans.
Identifier: MSS 888 BC
Abstract This collection primarily contains writings, research, and correspondence, spanning Nancy Wood’s fifty year career as a professional writer.
Abstract The Nancy C. Wood Photograph Collection consists of negatives, contact sheets, slides, loose black-and-white and color photographs of Taos Pueblo, the Ute tribe, small towns in Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado. Images of Nancy Wood’s travels to European countries and to Japan are also included. The collection also consists of a small number of personal photographs as well as a small number of photographs taken by Nancy Wood’s husband, Myron Wood.
Dates: 1937-2003; Majority of material found within 1958, 1969, 1976-1979, 1985-1988, 1996-1999, 2003
Identifier: UNMA 133
Abstract This collection contains records from Native American Studies at the University of New Mexico. Native American Studies is an interdisciplinary academic department committed to Indigenous academic scholarship and research excellence.
Dates: 1960 - 2002
Abstract The collection contains Native American music from Jemez Pueblo, New Mexico. The songs were recorded in the early 1970s by Paul Tosa of Jemez Pueblo. Included are traditional Jemez Pueblo Buffalo, Deer, Corn, Bow and Arrow and Harvest Dance songs.
Dates: circa 1970-1975
Abstract Commercially reproduced and distributed postcards. Some are black & white photographs, others are tinted or printed from color film.
Abstract This collection contains oral history interviews, conducted in the 1980s-1990s with non-Native American people who describe their lives in the Gallup area. Their recollections date back to the early and mid-1900s. Interviewees include Indian trading post owners, rug traders, miners, railroad workers, loggers, ranchers, teachers, business operators, politicians, a Medal of Honor winner and a movie star stand-in. There are also several recordings of Navajo, Pueblo and Comanche music from ca....
Dates: circa 1920-2011; Majority of material found within (, 1979-1990)
Scope and Content Santa Fe Indian School: The First 100 Years Project consists of 51 cassette tapes comprising 31 oral history interviews, 27 transcripts, photocopies of photographs (the originals are held at SFIS), the exhibition catalog, One House, One Voice, One Heart: Native American Education at the Santa Fe Indian School, and assorted biographies, correspondence, and clippings. There are no cassettes for interview numbers 6, 11, 24, and...
- Photographs 10
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 5
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 4
- Isleta Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 4
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Photographic prints 3
- Postcards 3
- Pueblo Indians -- Pictorial works 3
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Albumen prints 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 2
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Cowboys -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Hopi Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Navajo Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- Oral histories 2
- Pictorial works 2
- Posters 2
- San Felipe Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- San Ildefonso Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel 2
- United States Highway 66 2
- Zuni (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Acoma (N.M.) 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma Indians 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Administrative records 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- African Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Alamo Navajo Reservation (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- American bison 1
- American fiction -- Indian authors 1
- American poetry -- Indian authors 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Architects -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architects and patrons -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Architecture, Victorian -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Armed Forces -- Officers -- Pictorial works 1
- Art, Spanish colonial--New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Austria--Pictorial works 1
- Authors -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Automobiles -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Beauty contests -- United States 1
- Boarding Schools -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Boarding Schools -- United States -- History 1
- Businessmen -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- California, Southern--Description and travel 1
- Canada -- Pictorial works 1
- Cartography -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Cattle herding -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico -- Acoma 1
- Children's stories, American 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Acoma 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Laguna 1
- Cityscape photographs 1
- Clearcutting -- United States 1
- Clippings 1
- Coal mines and mining -- New Mexico -- Gallup -- History 1
- Collotypes 1
- Colombia -- Pictorial works 1
- Colorado -- Pictorial works 1
- Colorado--Description and travel 1
- Colorado--Social life and customs 1
- Contact prints 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cowboys New Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Crownpoint (N.M.) -- History 1
- Dakota Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Dancers 1
- Enchanted Mesa (Valencia, N.M.) 1
- England--Pictorial works 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Taos Pueblo -- Pictorial works 1
- Floor plans -- 20th century 1
- Forest management -- New Mexico -- Mescalero Indian Reservation -- History 1
- Forests and forestry -- New Mexico -- Mescalero Indian Reservation -- History 1
- France--Pictorial works 1
- Gallup Region (N.M.) -- History 1
- Gallup Region (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Germany -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- English 29
- Navajo; Navaho 2
- North American Indian languages 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Albright, Emma L., 1852 - 1912 1
- Allen, Paula Gunn, 1939-2008 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Barnes & Caplin 1
- Bennett & Brown 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Detroit Photographic Co 1
- Furlong & Crispell 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Harvey, Fred 1
- Kiva Club (University of New Mexico) 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1 ∧ less