Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract The George A. Boyce Papers, donated by George A. Boyce Jr., consist of photocopies of correspondence, notes, and a manuscript related to Dr. George A. Boyce and his role in the founding of the Institute of American Indian Arts by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Dates: 1961-2008; Majority of material found in 1961-c. 1976
Abstract IAIA-MS-25, The James Luna Archive consists of 50 manuscript cases (25 cu. ft) of correspondence, printed matter, scripts, notes, journals, datebooks, audio-visual materials, ephemera, photographs, and oversize items related to the art career of performance and installation artist James Luna, 1969-2010 (1982-2010, Bulk).
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1982-2010; 1969-2013
Scope and Contents note This collection comprises mainly photographs and newspaper clippings as well as some ephemera and correspondence relating to the life and work of the American artist Merina Lujan Hopkins (Pop Chalee). The photographs and newspaper clippings primarily relate to publicity surrounding the "Annie Get Your Gun" tour she participated in with Ed "Natay" Lee in 1950 as well as promotional events the two did on behalf of the Santa Fe Railway in the late 1940s and early to mid-1950s. Additionally, there...
Abstract IAIA-RG07, Board of Trustee Records, consist of minutes, reports, correspondence, and other administrative records related to the activities of the IAIA Board of Trustees. The board was established in 1986 by a Congressional charter to oversee IAIA, granted federal 501c3 status by the Higher Education Amendment of 1986.
Dates: 1986-Present; Majority of material found in 1988-Present
Abstract The Robert Harcourt Papers consist of newsclippings, institutional publications, administrative records, correspondence, exhibit catalogs, press articles, photographs, and other materials related to Harcourt’s employment and involvement with IAIA as well as his collecting activities. The first series, Alumni Files, are organized by year and contain data on IAIA alumni, 1963-2008.
Dates: 1962-Present 1990-Present
Abstract The William Johnson Papers consists of IAIA Board of Trustee records, IAIA Foundation records, correspondence, manuscripts, slides, photographs, videos, and ephemera related to his terms as Chairman of the IAIA Board of Trustees the the IAIA Foundation.
Dates: 1973-1999; Majority of material found in 1988-1999
Abstract The Winona Garmhausen Papers consists of the published dissertation, drafts, other academic writings, research photocopies, budgets, evaluations, reports, surveys, letters, memoranda, brochures, pamphlets, posters, newspaper clippings, magazines, journals, booklets, pamphlets, personal correspondence, photographs, and slides that were created and collected during the period from 1975 to 1983 while she researched and wrote her doctoral dissertation for the American Studies Department at the...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1976-1983; 1891-1990 1962-1983
- Subject: Indian arts -- United States -- 20th century. X
- Indian art -- North America -- 20th century -- Exhibitions. 5
- Indian arts -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe. 5
- Indian art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- 20th century -- Exhibitions. 4
- Indian arts -- North America -- 20th century -- Exhibitions. 4
- Institute of American Indian Arts.; Museum. 4
- Indian art -- Southwest, New. 3
- Art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- Exhibitions. 2
- Art -- Southwest, New. 2
- Institute of American Indian Arts. 2
- Art, American--New Mexico--20th century 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Garcia, Bob 1
- Indian Art--Southwest--New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Periodicals. 1
- Native American--Women--New Mexico 1
- Newspapers 1
- Photographs 1
- Rancho Viejo de Santa Fe 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Periodicals. 1
- Santa Fe Indian School (Santa Fe, NM) -- History 1
- Santa Fe Indian School -- History. 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Taos Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Taos art 1
- Taos women 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 4
- English 3
- Institute of American Indian Arts 2
- Gorman, R. C. (Rudolph Carl), 1932-2005 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts. Museum 1
- Kabotie, Fred, 1900-1986 1