Showing Collections: 26 - 50 of 77
Abstract This large and varied collection focuses primarily on the Ladd family and their friends and colleagues, the Ramona School, and the University of New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 071
Scope and Content Included in this collection are Isabel Eckles' memorabilia, personal correspondence and papers pertaining to her various interests. Among the photocopied documents are memoirs written by Addison M. Williams and edited by E. Dana Johnson including poems, short stories, and a 79 page autobiography titled: "My Yesterdays: The Autobiography of an Ordinary Citizen: A Narrative of Early Days from Ohio to Old Santa Fe and Montana. Sidelights on the Formative Period in Some Far Western...
Scope and Content Typescripts of 45 speeches of Jack M. Campbell, Governor of New Mexico, 1963-1966. Topics covered include education, economic growth and conservation in New Mexico. Also in the collection are annotated speaker's copies of some of the speeches and two speeches by Campbell delivered as Chairman of the Institute on State Programming for the 70s, 1967-68.
Abstract Dean of general science and professor of history and economics at New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts. The collection contains primarily writings, scrapbooks, and publications on the history of New Mexico and the history of education in New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the official papers of John J. Dempsey as a United States representative. Includes correspondence (official and private), speeches, statements, remarks, congressional bills, reports, and newsletters. Some of the subjects covered are agriculture, education, mining, water uses, flood control, dams, land titles, and roads. Items of note include a complete list of bills introduced by Dempsey (74th-85th Congress), papers of the Joint Committee on Atomic Energy, remarks on the...
Dates: 1936-1958 (bulk, 1951-1958)
Abstract The Joseph M. Montoya Papers document Montoya's career in politics, primarily in the U. S. House of Representatives and U. S. Senate. The collection contains administrative files, correspondence, legislation, reports, speeches, press releases, campaign materials, and news clippings.
Dates: 1913-1977; Majority of material found within 1957-1976
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers and research materials of L. Bradford Prince. The political issues and elections series includes political cartoons and clippings, documentation on the governorship of Miguel A. Otero including the Otero-Burke-Sherman alleged public land fraud (1908), documentation on the removal of Governor Herbert Hagerman from office (1907), legislative bills (1892-1921), and clippings and notes pertaining to several New Mexico political elections. The contemporary...
Identifier: AC 185
Scope and Content Collection consists of the private papers of L. Bradford Prince, 1862-1910.
Scope and Content This collection is composed primarily of material related to Dr. Tireman's teaching in the Education Department at the University of New Mexico. Box 1 contains materials dealing with the subject of reading. Included in this box are publications, bibliographies, lectures, lesson plans, articles, manuscripts, and tests. Box 2 contains materials related to the various classes taught by Dr. Tireman. Included in this box are lesson plans, teaching material, exams, publications, and notes...
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, notes, and a diary pertaining to Thomas K. and Minnie Laird.
Dates: 1903-1938 (bulk 1925-1935)
Abstract Collection includes two loosely bound albums containing excellent photographs of Pueblo Indians of New Mexico taken 1936-38 for the U.S. Soil Conservation Service. Collection also contains an aerial view of the Albuquerque Indian School and the first interstate conference for high schools on soil conservation. Personal photos include portraits of Bolles and family, his home and its gardens.
Abstract LULAC Council #8003 in Silver City, New Mexico, was chartered in 1966. The organization has been concerned with improvement of the social, political, and economic status of the Hispanics of Grant County. The organization has focused on issues such as education, legal reform, citizenship, and the extension of civil and political rights to Hispanics.
Scope and Content Collection consists of records and correspondence from Manuel Sanchez's law practice. Includes case files, carbon copies of letters sent and legal documents, clients' letters received, briefs, and law reports and related material on a wide range of subjects.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1802-1969 (bulk, 1920-1950)
Scope and Content The collection contains materials dating from 1951-1992. This material relates to Ms. Gutierrez' passion and life's work in the areas of bilingual/bicultural education. Box 1 includes biographical material as well as newspaper clippings, publications, reports, letters and other records documenting her work in New Mexico education, culture and politics. The remainder of Box 1 consists of background material and manuscripts relating to an unfinished book or books on Indo-Hispanic peoples and...
Identifier: AC 627-p
Scope and Content Single school report card for Jeff Jackson, a student in the 7th grade at Maxwell City School, District 26, State of New Mexico, for the school term beginning September 8, 1908. Scores were entered for seven months. An unidentified black and white photograph, perhaps of the Jackson family circa 1920.
Identifier: AC 630-p
Scope and Content Receipt from Mora County, Territory of New Mexico, is dated March 16, 1904, made payable to Antonio Leyba in the amount of $25.00, "por un mas de escuela al Distrito." Receipt is signed by the County Clerk and the Chairman of the School Directors for District 16, and approved by the County Superintendent on April 22, 1904.
Abstract This collection contains primarily teacher diaries from the 1935-1942 Nambe community school and San Jose Demonstration School projects. Most diaries contain student rosters, lesson plans, assignments, exams, grades, student projects (texts & drawings), flyers from contemporary organizations, as well as occasional photos, personal correspondence, notes on student behavior ("character sketches"), and student living conditions within the communities of Nambe village (not Nambe the Native...
Abstract The collection consists of oral history interviews designed to shed light on the history, culture, and relationships between Native Americans and the University of New Mexico from the 1920s to the present.
Scope and Content Note The collection contains correspondence, photographs, news clippings, alumni lists, and various reports including annual and financial of the UNM NROTC/Department of Naval Science and AFROTC/Department of Aerospace Studies. There is also a scrapbook containing photographs of the battleship USS New Mexico, information on the Wardroom Society (a social organization of the NROTC), and NROTC publications including Desert Voyage, Drydock, Sunline and Mark. The V-12 Naval College Training...
Abstract This collection consists of the records, including correspondence, memoranda, reports, and financial information, of the New Mexico Alliance for Arts Education, an organization affiliated with the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Abstract Collection holds minutes of the New Mexico Council of Administrative Women in Education from 1917 – 1970s. The collection also holds handwritten notes, booklets on Women in the education system, and other related materials. Partial transcript available.
Dates: 1917 - 1974
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
Abstract MS013 consists of materials originating from the New Mexico Indian Education Association's administrative and publication activities.
Dates: 1981-2009; Majority of material found in 1990-1995
Found in: Institute of American Indian Arts
Scope and Content As of 2000, collection consists of records of the New Mexico Legislative Education Study Committees predecessor the New Mexico Legislative School Study Committee (1964-1972). Includes administrative correspondence, reports, memorandums, minutes, press releases, and financial records. Some of the major topics covered by materials in the collection are teacher salaries, evaluations, and turnover; student-teacher ratios; vocational education; and religion and testing in public schools.
Abstract Handwritten letters and postcards from New Mexico Military Institute cadet Walter (surname not yet determined) written to Miss Alberta (Bert) Howard of El Paso, Texas dating from 1921-1923.
Dates: 1921 - 1923
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 49
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 11
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 8
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 3
- UNM School of Law Library 2
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center 1
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Special Collections Library 1 ∧ less
- Education -- New Mexico 12
- Photographs 12
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 11
- Clippings 9
- Indians of North America -- Education -- New Mexico 9
- Education--New Mexico 8
- Governors -- New Mexico 6
- Letters 6
- Multicultural education -- New Mexico 6
- Mural painting and decoration 6
- Sound recordings 6
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 5
- Mexican Americans -- Education -- New Mexico 5
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 5
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 5
- Oral histories 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Education, Bilingual -- New Mexico 4
- Minutes (Records) 4
- Addresses 3
- Annual reports 3
- Education -- New Mexico -- History 3
- Education --New Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- LULAC papers 3
- Land grants -- New Mexico 3
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 3
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights -- New Mexico 3
- Mexican Americans -- Politics and government 3
- Multicultural education--New Mexico 3
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico 3
- State government records 3
- Vocational education -- New Mexico 3
- Affirmative action programs 2
- Albumen prints 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Boarding Schools -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Certificates 2
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century 2
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 2
- Correspondence 2
- Education -- New Mexico -- Taos County 2
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 2
- Extradition -- New Mexico 2
- Financial records 2
- Fort Union National Monument (N.M.) 2
- Governors --New Mexico 2
- Hispanic American neighborhoods -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Hispanic American women -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- Education 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Interviews 2
- Latin Americans -- United States 2
- Mexican American college students -- Political activity -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican American college students--Political activity--New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights 2
- Mexican Americans -- Education (Higher) -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Education -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Mexican Americans -- Ethnic identity 2
- Mexican Americans -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Mexican Americans -- New Mexico -- Silver City 2
- Mexican Americans--Ethnic identity 2
- Minority college students -- New Mexico 2
- Navajo Indians -- Education 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Political activists -- New Mexico 2
- Politicians -- New Mexico 2
- Proclamations 2
- Programs 2
- Publications 2
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Reports 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --Social life and customs 2
- Student movements -- New Mexico 2
- Student movements--New Mexico 2
- Territorial records 2
- Tierra Amarilla (N.M.) -- History 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Veterans 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans 2
- Abeytas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Abeytas (N.M.) -- Religious life and customs 1
- Abeytas (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Abstracts 1
- Account books 1
- Activity Programs in education -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Adult Education -- Puerto Rico 1
- Adult education--New Mexico--Albuquerque 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Affidavits 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- Taos County 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Parks 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Alcohol -- Law and Legislation -- New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 75
- Undetermined 18
- Spanish; Castilian 9
- Navajo; Navaho 1
- Albuquerque Public Schools 3
- University of New Mexico. Students 3
- Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres (U.S.) 2
- Alianza Federal de las Mercedes 2
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 2
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 2
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- New Mexico. Department of Education 2
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- Tireman, L. S. (Loyd Spencer), 1896-1959 2
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 2
- University of New Mexico. Center for Regional Studies 2
- University of New Mexico. College of Education 2
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Anaya, Toney, 1941- 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Banks, Dennis 1
- Blea, Irene I. (Irene Isabel) 1
- Cansino, Carlos Espinosa 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital Foundation 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- College of Santa Fe 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Córdova, Nadine 1
- Córdova, Patsy 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- League of United Latin American Citizens. Council #8003 (Silver City) 1
- Martínez, María Montoya 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Montoya Chavez, Gloria 1
- Montoya, Joseph Manuel, 1915-1978 1
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (Vaughn, N.M.) 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- New Mexico Council of Administrative Women in Education 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico Military Institute 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1927-1930 : Dillon) 1
- Otero Family 1
- Otero, Miguel Antonio, 1859-1944 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1
- Pelletier, Dan 1
- Rodríguez, Sylvia, 1947- 1
- Roybal, Edward Ross, 1916- 1
- Schmidt, Caroline, 1897- 1
- Schmidt, Margaret, 1894-1996 1
- Shultz, Heinrich 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico. College of Fine Arts 1
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 1
- Western New Mexico University 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1
- Zimmerman, James Fulton, 1887-1944 1
- Zuni Day School (Zuni, N.M.) 1 ∧ less