Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: MSS -221 -SC
Scope and Content The collection consists of one diary which covers 8 months of E. Meek's life in Raton, N. M., 1892-1893. The entries include daily observations on the local weather, railroad trains coming into the depot, train destinations, co-workers, train wrecks, strikes and, train orders. Meek records town shootings, thefts, local fights, and the arrival of the Circuit Court. The diary has many entries about boxing, both professional and his own amateur endeavors. He writes of gambling at the Crystal...
Dates: 1892 May 27 - 1983 Jan. 28
Abstract This collection is comprised of two leather-bound ledgers of Dr. Finis Ewing Kavanaugh, merchant, sutler and physician attached to military posts at Fort Fauntleroy/Fort Lyon and Cubero, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 236-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a typescript of Webb's journal entitled "Memoirs of James J. Webb, Merchant in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1844." The memoirs describe Webb's business in Santa Fe and his journey across the Santa Fe Trail. Includes materials on two of Webb's business partners, John M. Kingsbury and William S. Messervy.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract The collection centers on Mary Grossete Landon’s diary, providing first-hand insight into the desperation and hardships of frontier and pioneer life in Catron County in the late nineteenth century.
Dates: 1893-1895, 2007; Majority of material found within 1893-1895
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 3
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 2
- Account books 1
- Boxing-- New Mexico-- Raton 1
- Businessmen -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Catron County (N.M.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Cubero (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Cubero (N.M.)--History 1
- Fort Wingate (N.M.) 1
- Frontier and Pioneer Life-- New Mexico-- Raton 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 1
- General stores--New Mexico--Cubero 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Merchants--New Mexico 1
- Railroads-- Employees-- New Mexico-- Raton 1
- Raton (N.M.)-- Social Life and Customs 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Fe Trail 1
- Southwest, New -- History -- 1848- -- Sources 1
- Sutlers--New Mexico--History 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 1