Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 78
Abstract Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) records document the activities of the Detachment (Det) 510 between 1949 and 2011. Det 510 was first established at the University of New Mexico in 1949 and it is one of 145 detachments across the nation.
Abstract Alice Smith Gatliff (1868-1936) was the owner of the “Curio Café” in Agua Prieta, Mexico. The collection contains postcards and photographs about the Mexican Revolution. It contains images of tourists in the Curio shop, Mexican leaders and officials, portraits of revolutionaries, trench warfare, train scenes, military camps, and prisoners at Fort Bliss.
Abstract Collection consists primarily of administrative records and program materials of the Alliance for Innovation in Science and Technology Information (AISTI).
Abstract The collection documents the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico and its advocacy work. AGIF New Mexico files include records of the national AGIF organization.
Identifier: MSS 895 SC
Abstract This is Ann Merrill’s collection of letters and notes written to her by Frank Waters from 1965-1979. The letters give insight into personal journeys, daily goings on, connections with the Taos scene, and travels in Mexico and Guatemala.
Dates: 1965-2012; Majority of material found within 1966-1979
Abstract Letters by Ann Nolan Clark to Hy Adler, Albuquerque Book Dealer.
Identifier: MSS -1002-BC
Abstract The collection contains Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's personal papers, art-related documents, and the Mandelman-Ribak Foundation's Oral Archives History Project.
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, business records, and other assorted items pertaining to Dr. Charles A. Brown and family, who resided in Colorado and New Mexico in the late 1800s.
Abstract Notes on the Wells home in Jacona, N.M.
Abstract The collection contains financial records, booking and logistical information, promotional materials, event programs, and video cassettes from the speaker series started as part of the celebration of UNM's centennial in 1989.
Abstract This collection consists of correspondence and other papers pertaining to Charles Francis Clarke, British immigrant-turned-pioneer on the Western frontier. Most correspondence in this collection pertains to Clarke, his wife Mary, and his parents in England. This correspondence details pioneer life and newsworthy events of the early- and mid-1800s from the perspective of an immigrant family and enlisted man.
Dates: 1847-1914 (bulk 1848-1971)
Abstract This collection contains material produced or collected by Christine Sierra. A UNM faculty member from 1986 till 2014, Professor Christine Sierra’s expertise is in American Politics with a focus on Latino/a politics, and women in politics. Much of her scholarship analyzed community organization's work on immigration, education, and other forms of activism. The material in this collection reflects the extensive research conducted by Christine Sierra.
Abstract Clarence Herrick was the second president of the University of New Mexico from 1897-1901. The collection consists primarily of correspondence from Herrick's time at UNM.
Abstract The collection includes correspondence of Clyde and Carrie Tingley, as well as material related to the City of Albuquerque, Carrie Tingley Hospital, and the New Mexico State Fair. Materials focus on Tingley’s time as Mayor/Chairman of the City of Albuquerque and Governor of New Mexico.
Dates: 1856-1959; Majority of material found within 1935-1955
Abstract The collection contains the research and manuscript of Dan D. Chavez for his book on Soledad Chacon. Included are documents related to her and her family, letters to her, and an interview with her daughter, Lena Ward. There are also materials by and about the writer, Felipe M. Chacon, a relative of Soledad. Further, it has annotated lists of New Mexico political and judicial officials researched by Chavez. In addition, the collection has some of Chavez's preliminary work on Octaviano Larrazolo...
Dates: 1872-2016; Majority of material found within 1970-1999
Abstract David Ross Boyd served as the president of University of New Mexico from 1912-1919. This collection consists mostly of letters between Boyd and UNM faculty members.
Identifier: UNMA 099
Abstract David Spence Hill served as the president of the University of New Mexico from 1919-1927. The collection contains correspondence with faculty and students, information on campus lands, writings, and scrapbooks.
Abstract Contains personal papers and family history from David Wilde's life in England and others related to his life and writings in Albuquerque.
Scope and Content Contains letters and documents pertaining to Dutton's career as an editor, publisher, and student of shamanism.
Dates: 1978-1994; Majority of material found within 1981-1993
Abstract This collection contains the archives of the Desert Review Press, publisher of Desert Review, Penny Poetry Sheet, A Poetry News Letter, and AHORA. Included are manuscripts, correspondence, publications, and broadsides.
Dates: 1962-1982; Majority of material found in 1963-1975
Abstract The collection primarily consists of Don Perceval’s research relating to trading posts and traders in the Southwest.
Dates: 1949-1968; Majority of material found within 1963-1968
Abstract The collection consists of correspondence from E. A. Graves, Indian Agent, to Governor and Superintendent of Indian Affairs for New Mexico Territory, David Meriwether. Most letters inform Meriwether of situations with the Utahs, Navajos, and Apaches, and seek advice or action on the part of the Governor.
Abstract Edward Gray became president of the University of New Mexico in April 1909. His collection contains primarily correspondence between Gray and UNM faculty members.
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, interviews, personal history, newspaper clippings and movie scripts, and materials related to developing a motion picture.
- Correspondence 54
- Clippings 18
- Photographs 16
- Letters 12
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 9
- School lands -- New Mexico 6
- New Mexico -- Education -- 20th century 5
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 5
- Oral histories 5
- Map 4
- Minutes (Records) 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century 4
- Newsletters 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Administrative reports 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 3
- Contracts 3
- New Mexico -- History 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Artists -- New Mexico 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 2
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) -- History 2
- Frontier and pioneer life--West (U.S.) 2
- Indian agents -- New Mexico -- Correspondence 2
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- Sources 2
- Interviews 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Memoirs and biographies 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- Education -- 19th century 2
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 2
- Periodicals 2
- Photographic postcards 2
- Pioneers--West (U.S.)--Correspondence 2
- Poets, American -- 20th century 2
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 2
- Postcards 2
- Posters 2
- Programs 2
- Reports 2
- Slides 2
- Soldiers -- Correspondence 2
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- 20,000 leagues under the sea (Motion picture : 1954) 1
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 1
- Academic freedom 1
- Academic libraries 1
- Actors -- Mexico 1
- Actresses -- Mexico 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative records 1
- African Americans -- Study and teaching 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Agua Prieta (Sonora, Mexico) -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Ahora 1
- Ahuazotepec, Puebla 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Albuquerque -- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 1
- American fiction -- Southwest, New 1
- American literature 1
- American wit and humor, Pictorial -- History 1
- Anthropology -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Apache Indians--History--19th century 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona 1
- Art museums -- New Mexico -- Taos -- History 1
- Art--Exhibitions 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Artists -- Correspondence 1
- Artists -- Minnesota 1
- Authors and Publishers -- United States -- History -- 20th Century -- Sources 1
- Authors and publishers -- United States 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography 1
- Authors, American -- Southwest, New 1
- Authors, American -- West (U.S.) -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American West (U.S.)--Correspondence 1
- Authors, American – New Mexico -- Correspondence 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Boarding Schools 1
- Boarding schools--New Mexico 1
- Bones in art 1
- Bones--Drawings 1
- Bridges -- Contracts 1
- Broadsides 1
- Buildings -- Maintenance 1
- Buildings -- Maintenance -- New Mexico 1
- Business cards 1
- Business enterprises -- Kansas -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Butter trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- By-laws 1
- California -- Social conditions -- 19th century 1
- Card files 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Cattle breeders--New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 73
- Spanish; Castilian 9
- Undetermined 3
- French 1
- German 1
- Japanese 1 ∧ less
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 2
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 2
- Chisum, John Simpson, 1824-1884 2
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 2
- University of New Mexico. Students 2
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Abbott, Ward T., 1945-2008 1
- Archivo General de la Nación (Mexico) 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Boyd, David Ross, 1853-1936 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Clarke, Charles Francis, 1827-1862 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Douglass, Ralph 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Gray, Edward Dundas McQueen, 1854-1932 1
- Harwood Foundation 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Historic American Buildings Survey 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Jonson Gallery 1
- Kiva Club (University of New Mexico) 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- New Mexico Research and Study Council 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Sierra, Christine Marie 1
- Stover, Elias Sleeper, 1836-1927 1
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- University of New Mexico Press 1
- Wilde, David, 1944-2019 1
- Williams, Elmo, 1913-2015 1 ∧ less