Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 33
Abstract Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) records document the activities of the Detachment (Det) 510 between 1949 and 2011. Det 510 was first established at the University of New Mexico in 1949 and it is one of 145 detachments across the nation.
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Abstract The collection documents the national Ribbon Project with particular details about New Mexico’s participation.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Abstract Papers and photographs from former Republican New Mexico governor and federal judge Edwin L. Mechem.
Dates: ca. 1950-2004
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Abstract The primary component of this collection is a scrapbook of post cards, photos, and clipped information relating to travels in the Southwest, particularly national parks and monuments in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 211
Scope and Content The collection revolves around the internationally recognized sculptor and longtime resident of Santa Fe -- Eugenie Fredericka Shonnard. The bulk of the collection is from the mid-nineteenth century to the late 1970s. The collection is arranged both topically and chronologically. Biographical sketches precede those individuals whose papers comprise a significant portion of the overall collection. Collection consists of letters, diaries, ledgers, clippings, scrapbooks, notebooks,...
Dates: 1729-1978 (bulk, 1850-1978)
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
Identifier: UNMA 096
Abstract This collection contains the papers of former UNM President Ferrel Heady. Materials include records of his presidential tenure, transcripts of various off-campus speeches delivered by Heady, and a scrapbook detailing the history of the President’s House on campus, also known as University House.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
Identifier: AC 071
Scope and Content Included in this collection are Isabel Eckles' memorabilia, personal correspondence and papers pertaining to her various interests. Among the photocopied documents are memoirs written by Addison M. Williams and edited by E. Dana Johnson including poems, short stories, and a 79 page autobiography titled: "My Yesterdays: The Autobiography of an Ordinary Citizen: A Narrative of Early Days from Ohio to Old Santa Fe and Montana. Sidelights on the Formative Period in Some Far Western...
Identifier: AC 060-S
Scope and Content These scrapbooks of clippings, primarily from New Mexican newspapers, cover the years of John Joseph Dempsey's political career from his first campaign for the U.S. Senate (1940) and his appointment as Under-Secretary of the Interior that same year, through his two terms as Governor of New Mexico (1942-1946). In all, there are 14 scrapbooks with a folder containing a few clippings from 1948. The first scrapbook (1940-1941) consists of clippings concerned only with his Senatorial...
Identifier: AC 118
Scope and Content The Jones Collection covers the years from 1844 to 1969 and deals mainly with the Jones family history in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and New Mexico. There is an extensive amount of material on Amistad, N.M. and Hawkeye, Iowa. Material includes papers from the Godlove and Brown families of the Amistad area, as well as general material on homesteading, turn-of-the-century education and social history. On August 7, 1975 Clara May Daves of Albuquerque donated a scrapbook to the Jones...
Abstract This collection consists of correspondence, news clippings, administrative materials and scrapbooks relating to Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc. It documents the organization's participation in civic beautification and environmental education.
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Legislative Energy Committee (1975-1977). Includes minutes, administrative records, subject files, desk files of Chairman John J. Mershon, and three scrapbooks and unmounted newspaper clippings on energy subjects. Administrative records include correspondence, briefs, budgets, press releases, and reports to the Legislature. Subject files contain reports from state, interstate, and federal agencies.
Abstract The records document the activities of the UNM New Mexico Alpha Chapter of the Pi Beta Phi women’s fraternity in scrapbooks, photographs, slides, newspaper clippings, film, photographic negatives, and event programs.
Scope and Content Collection consists of one scrapbook of newspaper clippings and one folder of pamphlets and other promotional materials on Clarkson Motors and the Indian Detours program.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 15
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 8
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 8
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- UNM School of Law Library 1
- Photographs 14
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Diaries 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- Reports 5
- Account books 4
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 4
- Certificates 4
- Letters 4
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- Correspondence 3
- Family histories 3
- Financial records 3
- Genealogy 3
- Governors -- New Mexico 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Minutes (Records) 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Publications 3
- Addresses 2
- By-laws 2
- Constitutions 2
- Ephemera 2
- Europe--Description and travel 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Family papers 2
- Map 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Poems 2
- Postcards 2
- Programs 2
- Academic freedom 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Amistad (N.M.) -- History 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Arbor Day 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Artists--California 1
- Artists--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Athletes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Athletics -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Attorneys general--New Mexico 1
- Attorneys--New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico. 1
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Baseball -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Baseball -- United States 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Budgets 1
- Buildings--Adobe 1
- Carlsbad (N.M.) -- Politics 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Zuni 1
- City planning--New Mexico--Santa Rosa 1
- Civic improvements -- New Mexico -- Citizen participation 1
- Coal gasification--New Mexico 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) 1
- College presidents -- New Mexico 1
- College sports -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- College students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Societies, etc 1
- College students –Political activity -- New Mexico – History – 20th century 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional History -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional Law -- New Mexico 1
- Contracts 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- New Mexico 1
- Deeds 1
- Directories 1
- Drawing 1
- Dusty Roadrunner (Fictitious character) 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 22
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1 ∧ less