Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the John Paul Delgado papers (1910-1992) and the military papers of Manuel Delgado (1774-1804). The bulk of the collection covers the years 1910-1992. John Paul Delgado papers include some materials concerning his grandfather Benjamin Read, genealogical materials concerning the Delgado Family, and various clippings and other materials concerning John Paul Delgado's acting career. Also includes black and white photographs of John Paul and the Delgado Family, photocopies of...
Dates: 1774-1992 (bulk 1910-1992)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the research files of Lucien A. File. Included are research documents, index cards, maps, black and white photographs, and an unfinished manuscript pertaining to mining in New Mexico. A timetable of the history of New Mexico mining is contained within the manuscript. Subjects included are ghost towns, inhabited towns, counties, forts, mining history and locations, and New Mexican history. Also included are clippings pertaining to nearly 300 prominent New Mexicans. Related...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Adjutant General, National Guard, and Office of Military Affairs (1847-1988). Includes administrative correspondence, field reports, general and special orders, ledger books, enlistment and discharge documents, casualty records, photographs, clippings, muster rolls from New Mexico volunteer militias and National Guard (1847-1917), and annual reports for various years between 1875 and 1962. Much of the material concerns the involvement...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico American Revolution Bicentennial Commission (1969-1977). Includes annual and other reports, administrative correspondence, promotional documents, clippings, audio tapes, and video tapes. Much of the material concerns local projects and events throughout New Mexico, including documents on federal and state funding for these activities.
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Legislative Energy Committee (1975-1977). Includes minutes, administrative records, subject files, desk files of Chairman John J. Mershon, and three scrapbooks and unmounted newspaper clippings on energy subjects. Administrative records include correspondence, briefs, budgets, press releases, and reports to the Legislature. Subject files contain reports from state, interstate, and federal agencies.
Scope and Content As of 2000 collection consists of the records and research materials of the New Mexico Office of Indian Affairs (1936-1995). Records include correspondence, reports, audits, personnel records, publications and other administrative records. Research materials include clippings and documents pertaining to Indians of New Mexico and various state, regional, and national Indian organizations including the All Indian Pueblo Council. Also included are materials pertaining to federal legislation...
Scope and Content As of 1999 the collection consists of the records of the State Board of Thanatopractice and its predecessors (1903-1980). Applications include material submitted to the Territorial Board of Health (1903-1904). Dockets pertain to licensing cases heard before the Board. Miscellaneous papers include correspondence.
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Land Office (including the Commissioner of Public Lands) and its predecessors the Board of Public Lands and the Territorial Public Land Office (1899-1991). Includes various reports, administrative correspondence, minutes, oil and gas leases, publications, clippings, and ledger books. Much of the material concerns mining, grazing, and logging in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 226
Scope and Content The Ralph Emerson Twitchell Collection's first part consists of the papers of Ralph Emerson Twitchell (11-29-1859 to 10-26-1925), the attorney, public office holder and historian; Margaret Olivia Collins Twitchell (born circa 1868 to 1-29-1900), the first Mrs. Twitchell; Estelle Bennett Burton Twitchell (1-31-1872 to 10-13-1952), the second Mrs. Twitchell; and Waldo Collins Twitchell, the son of Margaret and Ralph who became an engineer and a writer. The second part of the Ralph...
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 12
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 5
- Reports 8
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 7
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 7
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 7
- Publications 7
- Scrapbooks 7
- Minutes (Records) 6
- State government records 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 5
- Annual reports 4
- Certificates 4
- Financial records 4
- Account books 3
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Diaries 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Territorial records 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Map 2
- Muster rolls 2
- New Mexico -- History, Military 2
- Photographs 2
- Unfinished works 2
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1776-1976 -- New Mexico 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Budgets 1
- Catalogs 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Celebrities--New Mexico 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Cities and towns--New Mexico 1
- Coal gasification--New Mexico 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Deeds 1
- Directories 1
- Discharges 1
- Dueling -- New Mexico 1
- Education --New Mexico 1
- Education, Bilingual --New Mexico 1
- Energy conservation--New Mexico 1
- Energy industries--New Mexico 1
- Energy policy--New Mexico 1
- Estate records 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Family histories 1
- Family papers 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) -- History 1
- Fortification --New Mexico 1
- Fortifications--New Mexico 1
- Fossil fuels--New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Genealogy 1
- Geothermal resources--New Mexico 1
- Ghost towns--New Mexico 1
- Governors--New Mexico 1
- Grenada -- Relations -- United States 1
- Grenada--History--American Invasion, 1983 1
- Grenada--History--Coup d'état, 1979 1
- Grenada--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of--controversy 1
- Guatemala -- Relations -- United States 1
- Guatemala--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Hymns 1
- Indian agents--Colorado 1
- Indians of North America --Education--New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America --New Mexico--Wars 1
- Indians of North America Law and legislation 1
- Indians of North America New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America Societies, etc. 1
- Inventories 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 1
- Land use --New Mexico 1
- Laws 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 1
- Leases 1
- Letterpress copybooks 1
- Logging --New Mexico 1
- Mexico--Relations--United States 1
- Military campaigns -- Personal narratives 1
- Military history 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 1
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 1
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 1
- Mining districts--New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 16
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1