Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 26
Abstract Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) records document the activities of the Detachment (Det) 510 between 1949 and 2011. Det 510 was first established at the University of New Mexico in 1949 and it is one of 145 detachments across the nation.
Abstract The collection documents the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico and its advocacy work. AGIF New Mexico files include records of the national AGIF organization.
Identifier: MSS -1002-BC
Abstract The collection contains Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's personal papers, art-related documents, and the Mandelman-Ribak Foundation's Oral Archives History Project.
Abstract This collection contains material produced or collected by Christine Sierra. A UNM faculty member from 1986 till 2014, Professor Christine Sierra’s expertise is in American Politics with a focus on Latino/a politics, and women in politics. Much of her scholarship analyzed community organization's work on immigration, education, and other forms of activism. The material in this collection reflects the extensive research conducted by Christine Sierra.
Abstract The collection includes correspondence of Clyde and Carrie Tingley, as well as material related to the City of Albuquerque, Carrie Tingley Hospital, and the New Mexico State Fair. Materials focus on Tingley’s time as Mayor/Chairman of the City of Albuquerque and Governor of New Mexico.
Dates: 1856-1959; Majority of material found within 1935-1955
Abstract The collection primarily consists of Don Perceval’s research relating to trading posts and traders in the Southwest.
Dates: 1949-1968; Majority of material found within 1963-1968
Identifier: AC 568-p
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence of Edna McClellan of New York City to collect money through chain letters to build a home in Washington D. C. for Admiral Winfield Scott Schley, commander of the USS Brooklyn and the “Hero of Santiago” of the Spanish-American War. Collection also contains correspondence between the Admiral and McClellan, legal documents concerning Schley, and a number of newspaper clippings about McClellan and the “Endless Chain” letters. Also part of the collection are...
Dates: 1867-1918; Majority of material found in 1900-1903
Abstract The collection deals with the career of Elmer Martinez and his various activities to teach about the Hispanic heritage of New Mexico and the Southwest. It includes correspondence, articles, photographs, maps and posters. Among them are his papers about the Spanish Village at the State Fair, the Colonial Infantry of Albuquerque color guard unit, the Spanish History Museum, a run for New Mexico State Representative, and his views and commentaries. It also contains material from others, including...
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, interviews, personal history, newspaper clippings and movie scripts, and materials related to developing a motion picture.
Abstract Focusing on the Chicano/a Movement, the collection documents Enriqueta Vásquez' work and interests as an activist, writer, and artist.
Identifier: UNMA 096
Abstract This collection contains the papers of former UNM President Ferrel Heady. Materials include records of his presidential tenure, transcripts of various off-campus speeches delivered by Heady, and a scrapbook detailing the history of the President’s House on campus, also known as University House.
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Abstract The collection centers on New Mexico State Register nominations for the Goodson School and D.D. Monroe Civic Building/Clayton Public Library in Union County, NM, as well as genealogical research pertaining to the Sayre and Monroe families.
Identifier: AC 481
Scope and Content Collection contains primary and secondary letters, original deeds, and other ephemeral materials pertaining primarily to the Lincoln County War. Collection also contains reference letters relevant to Pancho Villa and his assassination.
Dates: 1879-1986; Majority of material found in 1879-1933
Identifier: AC 561-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of certificates of recognition as well as newspaper articles about Marjorie Lambert's accomplishments. Certificates include Spanish Colonial Arts Society (1990); State Board of Education (1969); Curator Emerita, Laboratory of Anthropology (1984); New Mexico Heritage Preservation Award (1988). Also included are a booklet of Indian Paintings from the Margretta S. Dietrich Collection (1963), a letter from the “Peanuts” artist Charles Schulz to Marjorie Lambert (1958), and...
Abstract Myron Fickas Fifield was the director of Physical Plant at the University of New Mexico from 1951 to 1974. Fifield was also President of the national APPA (Association of Physical Plant Administrators of Universities and Colleges) in 1958-1959. The Myron Fifield Papers contain correspondence, photographs, and documents related to his work at the University of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Note The bulk of the collection materials are from 1973-1976 when Rupert Trujillo was chair of the Task Force. The materials focus on activities of the Task Force, particularly on conferences and workshops held during that time. There are several files related to bilingual-bicultural education, both in creating training programs and trying to get legislation passed. The collection also contains several reports of activities from around the country.
Identifier: UNMA 049
Abstract The New Mexico Quarterly was published by the University of New Mexico from 1931 to 1969 and was a southwestern journal in the genre of “little magazines.” This collection contains files of authors and contributors, circulation information, copyright files, correspondence, clippings, and editing proofs.New Mexico Quarterly was published by the University of New Mexico from 1931 to 1969 and was a southwestern journal in the genre of “little magazines.” This collection...
Dates: 1940 - 1970; Majority of material found within 1955 - 1970
Abstract This collection contains primarily correspondence from Philip Bock, Professor Emeritus of Anthropology at The University of New Mexico, where he taught for over 30 years.
Abstract This is a small collection of papers of Ralph Douglass, a professor of Fine Arts at the University of New Mexico from 1929 through 1961. The papers cover the stencil work and design he created to increase readability for numbers on athletic jerseys.
Abstract The collection contains Sandra Lynn’s research documents pertaining to historic lodgings throughout New Mexico. Included are research and site visit notes, brochures, clippings and articles, correspondence, as well as a small collection of memorabilia and ephemera and oral history interviews.
Dates: 1948-2009; Majority of material found within 1989-1999
Abstract Save Jonson Gallery Collection is comprised of petitions, letters of support, correspondence, related documents, and newspaper clippings regarding the 1998 campaign to preserve Jonson Gallery from new construction threats.
Dates: 1945-1999; Majority of material found within 1997-1999
Identifier: AC 543
Scope and Content Collection contains historical information about the town of Cimarron, N.M., the Don Diego/St. James Hotel in Cimarron, and Rev. Thomas J. Tolby. Also included is a copy of 1879 Maxwell Land Grant Company.
Abstract This collection consists primarily of student ephemera created in April 1989 during the protest of an approved tuition increase at the University of New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 549-p
Scope and Content Collection of sports programs, menus, newspapers, an autograph page, and other items saved by Eric H. Lundgren who served aboard the USS New Mexico (BB-40) from 1933 to 1937: holiday menus, 1935-1936; football and wrestling programs, 1935-1936; photo of Eric Lundgren (no date); letter postmarked USS New Mexico, 1940; page from Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 11, 1937; shipboard newspaper Republication, 1937.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 19
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- Clippings 25
- Photographs 8
- Ephemera 4
- Letters 4
- Scrapbooks 3
- Administrative reports 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Genealogy 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- Newsletters 2
- Newspaper clippings 2
- Oral histories 2
- Posters 2
- Programs 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 2
- 20,000 leagues under the sea (Motion picture : 1954) 1
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 1
- Academic freedom 1
- Addresses 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- American literature 1
- Anthropology -- New Mexico 1
- Anthropology -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Art--Exhibitions 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Battleships--New Mexico 1
- Booklets 1
- Buildings -- Maintenance 1
- Certificates 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Chicano Movement--History--20th century. 1
- Chicano movement--New Mexico 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) 1
- College students –Political activity -- New Mexico – History – 20th century 1
- Court transcripts and documents, Lincoln County War 1
- Criticism 1
- Demonstrations -- New Mexico -- 1989 1
- Diaries 1
- Documentary films 1
- Dude ranches -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Education -- Societies, etc. 1
- Education, Bilingual 1
- Engineer 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Ethnology 1
- Ethnomusicology 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Football uniforms -- Numbers 1
- Fort Stanton (N.M.) 1
- Forumeer 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Grant proposals 1
- Grenada -- Relations -- United States 1
- Grenada--History--American Invasion, 1983 1
- Grenada--History--Coup d'état, 1979 1
- Grenada--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of--controversy 1
- Guatemala -- Relations -- United States 1
- Guatemala--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- High Noon (Motion picture) 1
- Hispanic American veterans -- Societies, etc. -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hispanic Americans - New Mexico - History 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Societies, etc. -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hispanic Americans--Research 1
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico 1
- Historic preservation – New Mexico 1
- Hospitality industry -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Hotels -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Illustrators -- 20th century 1
- Indian traders – Arizona 1
- Indian traders – New Mexico 1
- Indian traders – Southwest, New 1
- Indians of North America -- Trading posts 1
- Interviews 1
- Kirtland Air Force Base (N.M.) 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Tierra Amarilla 1
- Legal documents 1
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Little magazines 1
- Little magazines -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Map 1
- Martinez, Elmer, 1933 - 1
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 1
- Mayors--Election--New Mexico 1
- Menus 1
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century 1
- Mexican Americans -- Politics and government 1
- Mexican Americans -- Societies, etc. -- History -- 20th century 1
- Mexican Americans--Research 1
- Mexico--Relations--United States 1 ∧ less
- English 25
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- Undetermined 1
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- American G.I. Forum 1
- American GI Forum Women 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Chisum, John Simpson, 1824-1884 1
- Dasburg, Andrew, 1887-1979 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Douglass, Ralph 1
- Egri, Ruth, 1911-1996 1
- Egri, Ted, 1913- 1
- Garcia, Hector P., 1914-1996 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Gonzales, Rodolfo, 1928-2005 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Hispanic Education Foundation 1
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941- 1
- Jonson Gallery 1
- Jonson, Raymond, 1891-1982 1
- Lambert, Marjorie F. 1
- Longeaux y Vásquez, Enriqueta 1
- Mandelman, Beatrice 1
- Mandelman-Ribak Foundation 1
- Martin, Agnes, 1912-2004 1
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 1
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- National Indian Youth Council 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- Nichols, John Treadwell, 1940- 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Ribak, Louis, 1902-1979 1
- SER-Jobs for Progress, Inc 1
- Santa Fe (Cruiser) 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Sierra, Christine Marie 1
- SouthWest Organizing Project 1
- Tellez, Isabelle Ogaz 1
- Tellez, Louis 1
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- University of New Mexico Press 1
- University of New Mexico. Art Museum 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1
- Villa, Pancho, 1878-1923 1
- Williams, Elmo, 1913-2015 1
- Witt, David L., 1951- 1 ∧ less