Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 27
Scope and Content The collection consists of literary manuscripts, feature articles, photographs and research materials of Alice Bullock, writer and educator. Published and unpublished book and story manuscripts include an unpublished autobiography, entitled "Middens", and a manuscript for a book on stamp collecting for children. Subject files containing research notes, articles and printed material on New Mexico travel, folklore, history and personalities. Business and personal records contain book reviews by...
Abstract Most of the photographs in this collection were taken by Alice Bullock and record the places she visited and wrote about and the people she met.
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Anne Hilleman's second and third Navajos mystery novels, Rock with Wings (2015) and Song of the Lion (2017), along with publisher correspondence.
Abstract The collection addresses the life of author, feminist, and naturalist Mary Austin. Portraits of Austin, her friends, family, and fellow writers are included.
Abstract Portraits of prominent Southwestern writers.
Abstract Photos of Dorothy Brett, her family and friends taken in Europe and New Mexico, principally in the Taos area. Includes other well-known personalities of the New Mexican art community.
Abstract Collection contains portraits of Dorothy Pillsbury.
Scope and Content The diverse material which makes up the DeHuff Family Papers has been organized into five series. The first, scrapbooks and similar items, reflects Elizabeth"s habit of collecting small items throughout her long life. In addition to the scrapbooks proper, this series also contains several photograph albums and a large number of picture postcards. In series two, diaries and memoirs, John David takes center stage. His diaries document his life from 1901 to about 1940; the diaries...
Abstract Collection consists of four black-and-white portraits, including one of Etta Blum taken by Ben Kerns (1980). The remaining three portraits are of Frank Waters.
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Abstract The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, published materials, research files, audio and video recordings, and personal journals documenting the literary career of Frank Waters.
Identifier: MSS 356 BC
Scope and Content Archive 356 consists of the personal papers of Santa Fe businessman and author, George McCrossen (1898-1983). The most significant section of the collection deals with McCrossen's business concerns in Santa Fe. Inventoried are the records (financial records, publicity, advertising and correspondence) of McCrossen Handwoven Textiles, Inc., which he operated with his brother, Preston, from 1934-1948 (Box 1: Folders 1-14). Information regarding District Court (County of Santa Fe, State of New...
Dates: 1756-1983 (bulk 1919-1940)
Abstract This collection contains manuscript materials of George W. Evans, a rancher and hunter in Catron County, New Mexico in the early 1900's. The materials relate to the publication of his book, Slash Ranch Hounds.
Abstract This collection contains the papers of writer, journalist, literary performer and tarot card reader Georgelle Hirliman, with emphasis on her time in New Mexico. The papers relate to Hirliman’s writing, including The Hate Factory and Dear Writer in the Window, as well as unpublished short stories and manuscripts.
Abstract Photographs of cowboy author John Sinclair, his wife Evelyn, their friends, and various places in New Mexico where they lived, photographed, or that figured in their writings. There are photos related to Sinclair's family in Scotland and ranching activities in the Southwest.
Abstract Collection consists of photos of the family and friends of Mildred Tolbert and Judson Crews.
Dates: 1912-1980; Majority of material found within 1940-1969
Abstract The collection consists of manuscripts and bound, unedited page proofs for many of Zollinger’s published works (and 1 unpublished work), as well as clippings, articles, announcements, and correspondence related to his life and works.
Abstract This small collection of New Mexico writer Orlando Romero's papers includes a proof copy of his first novel as well as copies of articles written for various magazines.
Scope and Content The Peggy Pond Church papers consist of literary manuscripts including House at Otowi Bridge and Ultimatum for Man, correspondence, published materials and poetic draft notes. The collection is roughly divided into two sections; that of Peggy Pond Church's research materials and original work, and a collection of Mary Austin's books used for research by Church. The collection is not organized in chronological order but rather...
Abstract Collection consists of Peggy Pond Church's photographs related to Edith Warner (box 1), plus an addition to the collection related to Church herself (box 2).
Abstract This collection consists of 49 photographic prints, mostly of the author Robert Franklin Gish. The collection also contains seven black and white prints which are reproductions of early photographs relating to the Fergusson family, most of which were printed in R. F. Gish's book, Frontier's End: The Life and Literature of Harvey Fergusson.
Abstract The collection consists of manuscripts of Rudolfo Anaya's published and unpublished work; materials from his career as a professor, his involvements on numerous boards and committees; and correspondence with colleagues and students. Anaya's works focus largely on Chicano culture and on New Mexico's cultural landscape.
Scope and Content The T.M. Pearce collection consists of four series: I. Research and writings; II. New Mexico Folklore Society (NMFS) Records; III. Personal papers and correspondence; IV. Miscellaneous and oversized materials. The Research and Writings series reflects the wide range of interests that Pearce pursued. The manuscripts, drafts and notes, collected research materials, audio recordings and correspondence found here are divided into subseries by general subjects as follows: A. Southwest Literature; B....
Scope and Content The Tony Hillerman Papers consist of literary manuscripts, correspondence, published materials and lecture notes. The collection is divided into five series, Novels, Nonfiction, Correspondence, Teaching Materials, and Miscellaneous. Literary manuscripts include drafts, revisions and edited manuscripts for all of Hillerman's published novels, as well as page proofs and screenplays for some titles. Related research materials and correspondence with agents and publishers regarding...
Abstract Collection contains formal and informal photographs of author Tony Hillerman and others, along with places, southwest landscapes, from the late 1920s to approximately 2000.
Dates: 1928-2000; Majority of material found within 1950s-1995
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 8
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 8
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 6
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 6
- Photographs 6
- Clippings 4
- Letters 4
- Mural painting and decoration 4
- American Literature -- New Mexico 3
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 3
- New Mexico -- In literature 3
- Creative writing 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Portrait photographs 2
- Postcards 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 2
- Writer, Prose, Fiction and Nonfiction 2
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Addresses 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- American fiction--Southwest, New 1
- American literature -- Mexican American authors 1
- American poets. 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Art Patronage -- United States 1
- Art, Spanish colonial -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Astrology 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Authors, American – New Mexico -- Correspondence 1
- Autobiography 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Camel Rock (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Chapultepec 1
- Children's literature, American--New Mexico 1
- Cityscape photographs 1
- Colorado -- Fiction 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Couriers' instructional bulletin 1
- Creative writing -- Study and teaching 1
- Crime -- New Mexico 1
- Curiosities and wonders -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Dear Writer in the Window 1
- Decorative arts, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Dude ranches -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- English language--Dialects--Southwest, New 1
- Erosion -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Espionage -- Great Britain --Biography. 1
- Espionage -- United States --Biography. 1
- Espionage --Great Britain --History --20th century. 1
- Espionage --United States--History --20th century. 1
- Essays 1
- Feminists -- New Mexico 1
- Filmstrips 1
- Fishing -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Folklore--New Mexico 1
- Four Corners Region -- Pictorial works 1
- Frijoles Canyon (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Handloom Industry -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Hillerman, Tony 1
- Hispanic American Literature (Spanish) -- 20th century 1
- Hispanic American artists -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic American authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic American men -- New Mexico 1
- Hopi Indians 1
- Hunting -- New Mexico 1
- Indian Detours 1
- Indian art -- Southwest, New 1
- Indian artists -- New Mexico 1
- Indian arts -- North America 1
- Indian mythology -- North America 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- Painting 1
- Indigenous authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 1
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 1
- Journalism -- study and teaching 1
- Journalists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Laguna (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Landscape -- New Mexico 1
- Landscape photographs 1
- Landscapes -- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Landscapes -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Lautrec 1
- Legends -- West (U.S.) 1
- Libraries -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Los Alamos (N.M.) -- Travel 1
- Malet, Dora, 1904-1927 1
- Mallett, Frank 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 4
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 3
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 3
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 3
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 2
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 2
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 2
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Anaya, Toney, 1941- 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Barnes & Caplin 1
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 1
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Kabotie, Fred, 1900-1986 1
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- Pearce, T. M. (Thomas Matthews), 1902- 1 ∧ less