Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
Identifier: AC 271-p
Scope and Content One letter describes a trip to Taos, NM, and a visit to Dorothy Brett.
Identifier: MSS -1002-BC
Abstract The collection contains Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's personal papers, art-related documents, and the Mandelman-Ribak Foundation's Oral Archives History Project.
Abstract This collection includes photographs, slides, posters and other visual material related to Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's professional artistic work, along with family, friends, other Taos artists, and travel images.
Abstract The Christopher Felver photograph collection contains portraits of prominent Southwest and Native American authors, artists, activists, and performers, as well as photographs from Nicaragua.
Dates: 1982-2015; Majority of material found within 1984, 1998, 2012-2015
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 7
Abstract This collection comprises approximately 11,000 photographs, the majority of which are E.I. Couse's original contact prints produced throughout his lifetime as well as later reprints, picture postcards, and a small amount of pre- and post-1936 photographs of family members, friends, and locations in and around Taos.
Dates: ca. 1880s-1990s
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 2
Abstract This collection consists of copies of historic documents, original writings, notes, correspondence, and research materials compiled by Dean A. Porter and relating to his research on the Taos Society of Artists with particular emphasis on Victor Higgins and Walter Ufer.
Dates: 1890s-2018; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content Letter from Mabel Dodge Lujan to Norman Donaldson, 1938. (Box 1, Folder 2). This is a collection of letters written to Norman V. Donaldson, his wife Hildegarde, and his daughter Virginia "Midge" Donaldson, by Mabel Dodge Luhan, Dorothy Brett, Robinson Jeffers, and "Eileen Q" (Eileen Quinn, who was sales manager for the University of New Mexico Press). Norman Donaldson became secretary of Yale University Press in 1938, was appointed...
Collection — Box: 1-4
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 12
Scope and Contents This collection comprises 2 linear of original correspondence addressed to and composed by E.I. Couse spanning the late 19th century through the first four decades of the 20th century. The subjects mainly pertain to Mr. Couse's paintings, prints, sales, and exhibitions. The collection is arranged alphabetically according to the correspondent's last name.
Dates: late 19th century to ca. 1936
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 1
Abstract This collection comprises research notes, writings, correspondence, printed materials, photographs, slides, and memorabilia belonging to Elizabeth J. Cunningham and relating to her research on the life and work of the Taos artist, Ernest L. Blumenschein.
Dates: 1890s-2017; Majority of material found in 1890s-2017
Identifier: AC 354
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of Ernest L. Blumenschein, including Blumenschein's correspondence; articles and clippings about him and his work, and biographical and genealogical information. Collection also contains copies of his letters to Ellis Butler Parker. Some of the material is contained in Blumenschein's scrapbooks. Additionally, collection holds financial and tax records, and ephemeral material such as driver's licences and passports. Inventory was produced at item level...
Identifier: AC 021-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a 13-page handwritten text of a speech given by Blumenschein in 1953 on the occasion of John Gaw Meem's induction as an honorary fellow of the School of American Research in Santa Fe, and five letters sent and one letter received by Blumenschein between 1946 and 1955.
Identifier: AC 579
Scope and Content Collection consists of extensive Joseph Imhof research materials collected by Nancy Reily, including correspondence, art work research, interviews, and articles. Also part of the collection is documentation of his paintings, lithographs, drawings and greeting cards.
Identifier: AC 410
Scope and Content The collection consists of correspondence between Mary Greene Blumenschein and her husband Ernest L. Blumenschein (1874-1960) and their daughter Helen G. Blumenschein (1910-1989). The content of these letters discusses artistic matters and the state of the world during World War II. There is an itemized inventory in each folder of the correspondence. The collection also contains a small amount of personal items: passports, certificates, notices, financial papers, and one medical receipt.
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 16
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Michael Grauer and Julie Schimmel on their research regarding artists W. Herbert Dunton and Bert Geer Phillips. Both artists were founding members of the Taos Society of Artists.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1900 - 2008
Scope and Content The Frank Waters oral history interviews consist of one master set of thirty-nine (39) professional quality Beta videotapes. The contents of the original tapes are recorded on two sets of thirteen (13) videocassettes for patron use. The set of videocassettes labeled, "Window burn from Beta, camera originals," can be used for editing. Additionally, there are two sets of seven (7) audio cassette tapes of the interviews (one set for patron use), a transcript log, plus a summary log of the contents...
Dates: 1989, September 14-17
Abstract This collection consists of correspondence, news clippings, journals, scrapbooks, photographs and genealogical information relating to the Porter and Harvey families. The collection documents their personal, social, and political experiences.
Dates: 1815-2012 (bulk 1917-1969)
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 3
Abstract This collection consists of copies of Robert R. White's diaries, biographical information, unpublished manuscripts, articles, essays, and ephemera.
Dates: 1947-2014; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of James J. Shuler and Oscar E. Berninghaus. Series I consists primarily of Shuler's professional papers as a doctor, businessman, and Mayor in Raton, New Mexico. Much of the collection consists of letters sent by Shuler to various individuals concerning topics such as real estate, mining, irrigation, his medical practice, the New Mexico Municipal League, the Panama-California Exposition of 1915, and civic improvement projects in Raton. Some of the major...
Identifier: AC 219
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the Taos Society of Artists and its members. Includes the constitution, by-laws, minutes, and reports of the Society; promotional materials and programs from various art exhibits; and materials concerning the Museum of New Mexico, which worked closely with the Society. This collection also contains a significant amount of correspondence involving members and associates of the Society, including Oscar Berninghaus, E. Irving Couse, Gerald Cassidy, Bert...
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 17
Abstract This is the research collection of Teresa Hayes Ebie revolving around the lives and work of notable figures of the Taos art scene in the 20th century. Much of the collection contains photocopies. There is a notable amount of audio cassettes containing interviews, the bulk of which were recorded in the 1990s.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1900 - 2000
Abstract This collection documents the personal and professional lives of Navajo artist R.C. Gorman and the Executive Director of his Navajo Gallery, Virginia Dooley. Materials from their early lives and their time together as friends and colleagues are included. The collection highlights Gorman’s career as an artist, Dooley’s hand in managing his career, and their shared interests in parties, food, music and art.
Dates: 1916-2008; Majority of material found within 1960-2006
Identifier: AC 360-s
Scope and Content Collection consists of clippings of Dunton's illustrations and articles that appeared in journals and magazines, notably The National Sportsman, Nickel, Field and Stream, Brown Book, and Vogue. One scrapbook is bound, and one is unbound containing clippings in eighteen plastic covers.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- Lunder Research Center 7
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 7
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 21
- Photographs 6
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Artist colonies -- New Mexico. 4
- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 3
- Art, modern -- 20th Century -- New Mexico -- Taos 3
- Mural painting and decoration 3
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 2
- Art, American –- New Mexico –-Taos 2
- Art--Exhibitions 2
- Clippings 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Intellectuals -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Oral histories 2
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Social realism--United States 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Taos (N.M.)--History--20th century 2
- Taos (N.M.)--In art 2
- Taos School of Art 2
- American Art Association (AAA) 1
- American Magazine of Art 1
- American literature -- Indian authors -- Portraits 1
- Art 1
- Art - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Art Digest 1
- Art and Archaeology Magazine 1
- Art museums -- New Mexico -- Taos -- History 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Taos -- 20th century. 1
- Art, American -- Southwest, New -– 20th Century 1
- Artists - New Mexico - 20th century 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- United States -- Biography 1
- Artists --New Mexico--Biography 1
- Artists--New Mexico--Taos--Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Interviews 1
- By-laws 1
- Canon de San Diego de Jemez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Cocoran Museum of Art 1
- Constitutions 1
- Contracts 1
- Correspondence 1
- Couse, E. Irving (Eanger Irving), 1866-1936--Exhibitions. 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Hopi Indians 1
- Indian artists -- Portraits 1
- Indian musicians -- Portraits 1
- Indian mythology 1
- Indian women -- Portraits 1
- Indian women authors -- Portraits 1
- Indians of North America - Photographs 1
- Indians of North America--Religion 1
- Indians of North America--Rites and ceremonies 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 1
- Las Truchas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Letters 1
- Managua (Nicaragua) -- Photographs 1
- Mayors -- New Mexico -- Raton 1
- Military dependents -- Correspondence 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Montano Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Navajo art 1
- New Masses--Cartoons--1930-1950 1
- New Mexico--History--20th century 1
- New Mexico-History--20th century 1
- New York Times 1
- Newspapers 1
- Nicaragua -- Photographs 1
- Nicaragua – Politics and government – 1979-1990 -- Portraits 1
- Notebooks 1
- Painters - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Painting, Abstract-United States 1
- Painting, Abstract-United States--Pictorial works 1
- Painting, American -- 20th century 1
- Painting, Modern - 20th Century - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Painting, Modern - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Painting--New Mexico 1
- Physicians -- New Mexico -- Raton 1
- Political activists -- Portraits 1
- Portrait photography -- 20th century 1
- Posters 1
- Programs 1
- Raton (N.M.) -- History 1
- Raton Reporter (Raton, N.M.) 1
- Real property -- New Mexico 1
- Recipes 1
- Reports 1
- School of American Research 1
- Slides 1
- Snite Museum of Art 1
- Soldiers -- Correspondence 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Speeches 1 ∧ less
- English 21
- Undetermined 9
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 5
- Taos Society of Artists 5
- Blumenschein, Helen G. (Helen Greene), 1909-1989 4
- Blumenschein, Mary Shepard Greene, 1869-1958 3
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 3
- Alexie, Sherman, 1966- 1
- Allegra, Indira 1
- Allen, Paula Gunn, 1939-2008 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baca, Jimmy Santiago, 1952- 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Blumenschein family 1
- Brenner, Barbara 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Gorman, R. C. (Rudolph Carl), 1932-2005 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Imhof, Joseph, 1871-1955 1
- Kloss, Gene, 1903-1996 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 1
- White, Robert R. (Robert Rankin), 1942- 1 ∧ less