Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Identifier: AC 213
Scope and Content Collection contains records, interview transcripts, brochures, studies, and writings pertaining to public health and other aspects of Native American tribal lives.
Abstract Contains material produced or collected by Aurelio Espinosa Sr. and Aurelio Espinosa Jr. Both father and son were pioneers in the fields of New Mexican Spanish language and regional folklore and cultural productions. The material in the collection also reflects the extensive research on folklore traditions both father and son conducted in Latin America and particularly in Spain where they befriended and interacted with Spanish officials including General Francisco Franco during his regime.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the county clerk (1867-1933), county assessor (1870-1892, 1917, 1924), county treasurer (1869-1927), county commission (1876-1927), superintendent of schools (1907-1908), county surveyor (1898), justice of the peace (1887-1925), sheriff (1869-1884), and probate court (1892-1929). Clerk's records include notary records, poll and tally books, voter lists, election returns, abstracts of titles, articles of incorporation, registers of licenses and brands,...
Abstract Daniel Schávelzon is an Argentinian urban archeologist and architect who has been active in archeological and architectural research and organizations.
Dates: 1890-2017; Majority of material found in 1980s-2017
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Eddy County, New Mexico (1888-1991). The bulk of the material covers the dates 1891-1922. Included are the records of the county clerk (1891-1972, 1990-1991), sheriff (1896-1922), assessor (1891-1911), county commissioners (1891-1932), justice of the peace (1900-1940), probate court (1888-1915), superintendent of schools (1891-1923), treasurer (1891-1913), coroner (1892-1912), surveyor (1891-1908), road supervisor and overseer (1901-1910), and miscellaneous...
Dates: 1888-1991(Bulk 1891-1922)
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Guadalupe County, New Mexico (1893-1942). Included are records of the county clerk (1893-1930), assessor (1893-1923), sheriff (1912-1931), county commissioners (1893-1928), justice of the peace (1902-1946), probate court (1893-1928), superintendent of schools and board of education (1910-1925), and miscellaneous records (1911-1942). Clerk's records include license registers, oaths and bonds, poll books, articles of incorporation, chattel mortgages, and...
Dates: 1893-1942 (Bulk, 1893-1923)
Abstract The collection focuses on environmental and social justice issues in Northern New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Luna County, New Mexico (1901-1970). The bulk of the materials cover the years 1901 to 1924. Materials consist of records of the county clerk (1901-1970, bulk 1901-1918), sheriff (1910-1913), county commissioners (1908-1924), justice of the peace (1901-1919, 1929), probate court (1901-1932), treasurer (1902-1913), assessor (1901-1912), and road board (1912-1917). Clerks records include registers of applications for marriage licenses, chattel mortgages,...
Dates: 1901-1970 (bulk 1901-1924)
Abstract Business records for the Magdalena Stock Driveway Association.
Identifier: SC 1972-01
Scope and Content This collection was compiled by Dr. Lynn Perrigo, from 1967-1970 he advised the Consolidation Commission during the consolidation of the Town of Las Vegas and the City of East Las Vegas. It includes personal notes, correspondence, minutes, drafts, maps, and ballots.
Dates: 1967-1970; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Found in: New Mexico Highlands University
Scope and Content As of 1997, collection consists of records of the Secretary of the Territory (1851-1912), and the Secretary of State (1912- 1995). Includes executive record books and indexes, records of notaries public, legislative journals, enrolled and engrossed bills, laws of New Mexico, records of Constitutional Conventions (1850, 1866, 1872, 1889, 1906, 1910-1912), records of the Territorial Assembly (1859-1909), and correspondence of the Territorial Secretary (1851-1912). Collection also includes oaths...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Rio Arriba County, New Mexico (1847-1957). The bulk of the materials cover the years 1847 to 1900. Included are records of the county clerk (1847-1938), assessor (1870-1912), sheriff (1849-1927), county commission (1882-1927), justice of the peace (1852-1938, 1957), probate court (1848-1918), and coroner's inquests (1883-1937). County Clerk records include registers of deeds, oaths and bonds, marriages, licenses, mines, and partido contracts; poll and tally...
Dates: 1847-1957 ( Bulk 1870-1900)
Abstract The Salado Live Stock Company Certificate consists of the certificate of incorporation of the Salado Live Stock Company, 1899.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of San Miguel County, New Mexico (1847-1942). Included are records of the county clerk (1847-1930), assessor (1870-1913), treasurer (1865-1875), sheriff (1853, 1887-1888), county commissioners (1876-1889), justice of the peace (1858-1925), probate court (1847-1940) and school superintendent (1879-1908). Clerks records include a census of Tecolote, New Mexico (1855); registers of brands, licenses, liens, deed receipts, oaths and bonds, chattel mortgages and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the administrative records, correspondence, and financial records of the Spanish Colonial Arts Society and its store, the Spanish Arts (Santa Fe, NM). The bulk of the records pertain to the first twenty years of the Societys existence, 1929-1949. Included are incorporation papers for both the Society for the Preservation of Spanish Antiquities in New Mexico (1913), and the Spanish Colonial Arts Society (1929). Also within the collection are the Spanish Arts store...
Identifier: AC 255
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocoies of papers from the Santa Fe Jewish Temple (Temple Beth Shalom, Santa Fe, NM), 1946-1958; Congregation Montefiore (Las Vegas, NM), 1866-1973; and the Council of Jewish Women (Las Vegas, NM section), 1920-1923.
Abstract The UNM Vertical Files consist of miscellaneous newspaper clippings, pamphlets, and xeroxes collected randomly over the years about UNM buildings, departments, history, homecoming, presidents, student groups, alumni reminiscences, etc.
Dates: circa 1890-2012; Majority of material found in 1970-2000
Identifier: AC 132
Scope and Content The Le Viness Collection consists of ten scrapbooks containing chromologically arranged works written by or about W. T. Leviness; fifteen binders containing periodicals with articles written by Le Viness arranged chronologically by date of publication; and one copy of a publication written by Le Viness entitled "The Life and Works of William Hayley: 1745-1820."
- Subject: Articles X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 9
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 5
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 4
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Articles of incorporation 11
- Articles 7
- Bonds (legal records) 7
- Legal files 7
- Judicial records 6
- Licenses 6
- Tax records 6
- Wills 6
- Local government -- Records 5
- Marriage records 5
- Mortgages 4
- Notarial documents 4
- Voting registers 4
- Clippings 3
- Membership lists 3
- Minutes (Records) 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Account books 2
- Census records 2
- Deed books 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- Reports 2
- Water rights -- New Mexico 2
- Alcoholism -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas. 1
- Archaeology -- Latin America 1
- Archaeology--Conservation and Restoration 1
- Argentina -- History 1
- Argentina Antiquities 1
- Articles of incorporation--New Mexico 1
- Ballot --New Mexico 1
- Bankruptcy -- New Mexico 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) -- Antiquities 1
- By-laws 1
- Campaign funds --New Mexico 1
- Cattle--Transportation--History--Sources. 1
- Charters and articles of incorporation. 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Politics 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- Census -- 1913 1
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional history --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law --New Mexico 1
- Copyright --New Mexico 1
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- Eddy County 1
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- Guadalupe County 1
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- Luna County 1
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- San Miguel County 1
- Coroners -- Rio Arriba County (N.M.) 1
- Corporations --New Mexico 1
- Cuentos Populares 1
- Cultural Property--Latin America 1
- Deeds 1
- Eaton Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Eddy County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Eddy County (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Environmental justice -- New Mexico 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Latin America 1
- Excavations (Archaeology)--Protection 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe. 1
- Field notes 1
- Folk art -- New Mexico 1
- Folk artists -- New Mexico. 1
- Folklore -- Spain 1
- Folklore--New Mexico 1
- Forest management -- New Mexico -- Carson National Forest 1
- Forest management--Social aspects--Southwest, New 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Guadalupe County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Guadalupe County (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Guam--History--20th century 1
- Homestead law -- New Mexico -- Guadalupe County 1
- Homestead law -- New Mexico -- Rio Arriba County 1
- Indians of North America -- Claims against -- New Mexico -- San Miguel County 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Health and hygiene 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- Interstate agreements --New Mexico 1
- Interviews 1
- Irrigation and canals and flumes New Mexico 1
- Jews - New Mexico - Las Vegas 1
- Jews - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Jicarita 1
- Jicarita News 1
- Land grants- New Mexico. 1
- Land titles -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Colfax County 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Luna County 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Rio Arriba County 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- San Miguel County 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico Guadalupe County 1
- Land use, Rural 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Charters 1 ∧ less
- English 19
- Undetermined 13
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Espinosa, Aurelio M. (Aurelio Macedonio), 1907-2004 1
- Espinosa, Aurelio Macedonio, 1880-1958 1