Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Identifier: AC 052
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, business and financial documents, agricultural literature and newspaper clippings concerning farming in south central New Mexico. Also included in the collection are certificates of brand for cattle dated 1935, 1940, and 1948, and records kept by Crews on cattle breeding.
Abstract The collection features sound recordings and background information on Juan B. Rael, interviews and photos from the 1995 Farmers’ Markets Project in Colorado Springs, and folk music recordings (corridos, inditas, alabados and other traditional songs) and photographs with Native Americans and Hispanics of New Mexico, Cajuns in Texas, and Mexicans on the U.S. Mexican border. Topics covered range from life along the Rio Grande, the Penitentes, Matachines, the blessing of the acequias, tributes to...
Abstract Portraits of Frank Waters, his family, friends and home; as well as prints of Native Americans, landscapes, and ruins.
Identifier: AC 150
Scope and Content The Moles Collection consists of one account ledger and 18 diaries with accompanying enclosures dating from 1908 to 1925.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the official papers of John J. Dempsey as a United States representative. Includes correspondence (official and private), speeches, statements, remarks, congressional bills, reports, and newsletters. Some of the subjects covered are agriculture, education, mining, water uses, flood control, dams, land titles, and roads. Items of note include a complete list of bills introduced by Dempsey (74th-85th Congress), papers of the Joint Committee on Atomic Energy, remarks on the...
Dates: 1936-1958 (bulk, 1951-1958)
Abstract The collection contains photographs compiled by University of New Mexico professor José A. Rivera while researching mutual aid societies and irrigation systems in the Southwest.
Abstract This collection contains photographs by Karl Kernberger spanning many subjects, geographical areas and times. It is grouped as political photographs, book projects, miscellaneous photography, audio and moving images, and images from the Trailway Tour exhibition. The 2022 addition focuses on photographs of the southwest.
Dates: 1912-1990; Majority of material found within 1957-1977
Abstract This collection contains papers and interviews created and collected by Alejandro López from the 1970s to 2021. The papers relate to education, resolana, and service-learning programs, while the ethnographic interviews focus on elders from Chimayo, Truchas, and other Nuevomexicano communities.
Dates: 1971 - 2021
Identifier: AC 416-p
Scope and Content Collection contains three brochures: J.D. Tinsely. Dry Farming in New Mexico. New Mexico Bureau of Immigration, 1909 J.D. Tinsely. Dry Farming in New Mexico. New Mexico Bureau of Immigration, 1909 No author. Facts about Dry...
Dates: 1909-1922; 1909; 1909; .
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico Territorial Bureau of Immigration (1880-1911). Includes annual and biennial reports; publications; minutes of annual meetings (1907, 1911); reports from counties on climate, minerals, and agricultural and water resources; and reports from various towns giving population, geographical descriptions, transportation lines, water and fuel resources, industries, climate, schools, banks, and hotels.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Abstract This collection of oral interviews sheds light on the history and culture of El Cerrito, N.M., with particular attention to water, agriculture and the acequia.
Scope and Content This small collection contains materials relating to several of the studies/projects in Taos County and the surrounding areas, between 1937 and 1944. The collection includes reports and staff meeting minutes from the Taos County Project, materials on the Taos County Cooperative Health Association, agriculture and land issues, the Sangre de Cristo land grant, and community education issues (George I. Sanchez, "Supplement to Forgotten People). Additionally,...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1937-1953; Majority of material found in 1940-1944
Abstract Collection of Pendleton R. Fuller, New Mexico farmer and sheep rancher including water related materials from the Elephant Butte Water Users Association, La Union Irrigation Co., Inc., and the U.S. Reclamation Service.
Identifier: PAC 048
Scope and Content This collection exists today becaue of the stewardhship of his daughter Dr. Phyllis Harroun who carefully preserved both negatives and prints. While his activity as a photographer spanned less than ten years, Philip Harroun's pictures are of more than passing interest. He developed a sound compositional eye for both static views and the fleeting things of everyday life. His views of irrigation work during their first development in New Mexico, his accurate reports of Indian dances in motion,...
Dates: 1890 - 1910; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract The collection contains portraits of Richard C. Dillon, Governor of New Mexico from 1927 to 1931, and other photographs of New Mexico.
Abstract The collection contains photographs of the Santo Domingo Pueblo taken by Peter Stackpole for Life Magazine, November 1943 issue.
Abstract Photographs related to life and the maintenance of the village acequia (irrigation ditch) in El Cerrito, New Mexico. The photographs were taken between 1992 and 2003. Photos show people, landscapes, work, agriculture, homes, churches, and other aspects of village life in the northern New Mexican Spanish land grant village of El Cerrito.
Scope and Content Collection consists of administrative, civil, military, and ecclesiastical records of the Spanish colonial government in New Mexico, 1621-1821. Records cover both the local and provincial levels, and include correspondence between officials in Santa Fe and Mexico. Few pre-Revolt documents are contained in this collection. Significant documents from the Pueblo Revolt period (1680-1693) include Antonio de Otermin's 1681 journal of the attempted reconquest of New Mexico, and various administrative...
Scope and Content The majority of this collection represents Thomas Campbell's activities in New Mexico. However, series I contains some military and political items not directly related to New Mexico. The collection is divided into 5 overlapping series. Series I primarily consists of documents (correspondence, government publications, etc.) relating to Campbell's military and political activities. U.S. federal government related documents include: U.S. Department of Agriculture publications and...
Abstract Photographs about soil conservation and education in the Southwest from 1935 to 1940.
- Subject: Agriculture -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 12
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 3
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 3
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 9
- Photographs 5
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 2
- Clippings 2
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- El Cerrito (N.M.) 2
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 2
- Irrigation -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- Oral histories 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Water -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- Account books 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Administrative records 1
- Adobe churches -- New Mexico -- Santo Domingo Pueblo -- Pictorial works 1
- Agricultural engineers -- United States 1
- Agricultural industries -- New Mexico 1
- Agricultural laborers -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture -- California -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture -- Colorado 1
- Agriculture -- Defense measures 1
- Agriculture -- Finance 1
- Agriculture -- International cooperation 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- Santo Domingo Pueblo -- Pictorial works 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- Taos County 1
- Agriculture--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Annual reports 1
- Apache Indians -- History 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Batopilas (Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Boundary Waters Canoe Area (Minn.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Cabbage industry--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 1
- Cabezon (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- California, Gulf of (Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Campaign paraphernalia--United States 1
- Carlsbad (N.M.) 1
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park (N.M.) 1
- Cattle -- Breeding -- New Mexico 1
- Cattle brands -- New Mexico 1
- Caves -- New Mexico 1
- Census records 1
- Chaco Canyon (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Chihuahua (Mexico : State) -- Pictorial works 1
- Children -- New Mexico 1
- Christmas plays -- New Mexico 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 1
- Cities and towns --New Mexico 1
- Cityscapes 1
- Ciudad Obregón (Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Classrooms 1
- Coal Strike, Colo., 1913-1914 -- Monuments -- Pictorial works 1
- Colorado -- Pictorial works 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Colorado--Description and travel 1
- Colorado--Social life and customs 1
- Comanche Indians --History 1
- Conveyances 1
- Cooking -- New Mexico -- Santo Domingo Pueblo -- Pictorial works 1
- Copper Canyon (Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Correspondence 1
- Corridos 1
- Dams -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Dams--New Mexico 1
- Dance halls -- New Mexico 1
- Decrees 1
- Demonstrations -- California -- Pictorial works 1
- Demonstrations -- New Mexico 1
- Demonstrations -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Demonstrations -- New York -- New York City -- Pictorial works 1
- Demonstrations -- Washington (D.C.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Diaries 1
- Dry farming - New Mexico 1
- Easter -- Pictorial works 1
- Economic development --New Mexico 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- Taos County 1
- Education in New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- El Agua es la Vida: A Village Life Portrait 1
- Elizabethtown (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Erosion -- New Mexico 1
- Escalante River (Utah) -- Pictorial works 1
- Estancia Valley (N.M.) 1
- Farm life -- New Mexico 1
- Farmers -- California -- Pictorial works 1
- Farmers -- New Mexico -- Estancia Valley 1
- Financial records 1
- Flood control--New Mexico 1
- Folk dance music – New Mexico 1
- Folk music – New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 5
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 1
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990 1
- Anza, Juan Bautista de, 1735-1788 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Kernberger, Karl, 1938-1997 1