Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 25
Acoma Exhibition Folio
Abstract Photographs and text about Acoma Pueblo.
Arthur Bibo Collection of Acoma and Laguna Pueblo Documents,
Scope and Content Collection consists of original documents and photocopies involving Acoma and Laguna Indian Pueblos in New Mexico. Includes letters and various legal documents. Much of the collection concerns legal disputes between Acoma and Laguna Pueblos over land tenure, boundaries, and water rights. Also within the collection is a 1904 letter to officials at Acoma Pueblo from officials at New Mexico's eight northern Pueblos requesting united opposition among all Pueblos to the New Mexico Supreme Court's...
Dates: 1689-1904 (bulk 1829-1904).
Atlantic and Pacific Railway Photograph Collection
Abstract Collection consists primarily of photographs (cyanotype prints) documenting the construction in 1881-1883 of the Atlantic and Pacific Railway, from Albuquerque, through Arizona, to Needles, Calif. In addition to scenes of railroad construction that include bridges, tracks, and campsites, there are many photographs shot in Albuquerque and the surrounding mountains, a number of these include picnics and outings.
Bainbridge Bunting Photograph Collection
Abstract This collection contains photographs of various locales, primarily in New Mexico. Most images are of buildings and architectural details of buildings in small towns, cities, and the pueblos of New Mexico.
Beatrice Chauvenet Photograph Collection
Abstract This collection contains 15 photographic prints from the personal files of Beatrice Chauvenet.
Channell Graham Drawings and Plans
Abstract The Channell Graham Drawings and Plans Collection contains 80 sets of architectural drawings and plans, designed by architect Channell Graham and the firm of Pacheco and Graham during the 1960s-1970s. The plans consist of public, educational; religious and commercial buildings; residences; state parks; and pueblo and mission historical restorations in New Mexico, Colorado and South Dakota.
Dates: 1920-1983; Majority of material found within 1960-1983
Channell Graham Job Files
Abstract The Channell Graham Job Files contains thirteen boxes of client correspondence and job files for projects including commercial, private, and public institutions; state parks; churches; and historical restoration of pueblos and missions. Most projects in this collection are located in New Mexico.
Ed Pierson Photograph Album
Abstract The album contains photographs taken around New Mexico, including the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camp in High Rolls, Bishop and various other ranger stations, White Sands, Whitaker Ranch (Capitan), Acoma, Tierra Amarilla, and Albuquerque. Other photos are from Old Mexico (Chihuahua), La Sal, Utah and Billings, Montana. Photos feature Pierson's family, hunting, fishing, and relate to his work as a range agent.
Eduardo Fuss Photograph Collection
Abstract The Eduardo Fuss Photograph Collection consists of images of New Mexico towns, pueblos, National Monuments and Parks, and the cities of Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos.
Father Agnellus Lammert Pictorial Collection
Abstract This collection primarily contains photographs of church construction, church interiors, church models, religious processions and ceremonies in New Mexico. Video includes images of the 1929 plane crash on Mt. Taylor, New Mexico, California missions, priests and school children in Gallup, New Mexico. Also included are zinc halftone blocks.
Dates: 1917-1983; Majority of material found within 1928-1942
Frank C. Churchill Photograph Collection
Abstract Collection contains photographic and print portraits of Frank C. Churchill, a group of civil engineers, and unidentified others, including Pueblo Indians. The majority of the photographs are of various pueblos in New Mexico, focusing on views and structures, including the mission churches.
George H. Pradt Geographic Survey Papers
Scope and Content This collection contains Pradt's field notebooks, survey notes, maps, drawings, and a small amount of personal ephemera. Box 1 contains field notebooks and logs, 1882-1911. Box 2 contains texts on surveying. Box 3 contains field maps, drawings, and survey notes, arranged by township and range. Box 3 also contains one folder with personal correspondence, certificates, and documents. An oversized folder of maps is itemized at the end of the accompanying inventory. Much of the data in...
Howard Clinton Tibbitts Pictorial Collection
Abstract The Howard Clinton Tibbitts Pictorial Collection is comprised of glass plate negatives of New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, and Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, and Piedras Negras, Coahuila in Mexico.
John C. Gullette Papers,
Identifier: AC 100-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a journal kept by Gullette during a trip exploring and photographing Indian ruins in New Mexico and Arizona; a descriptive list of photographs taken on the trip; and a notebook filled with descriptions of Colorado by Gullette. Collection also includes a typescript of Gullette's journal, which details stops at Chaco Canyon, the Grand Canyon, Enchanted Mesa, and Acoma Pueblo.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
John Gaw Meem Collection of Non-Job-Specific Photos
Abstract The John Gaw Meem Non-Job-Specific Photo Collection contains photographs compiled by architect John Gaw Meem.
Kenneth Chapman Pueblo Designs Collection
Abstract 37 paintings of pueblo pottery designs. Also, three prints of Native American designs used on buildings: Administration Building, Door to Museum, and a library (not specified). These paintings, by Mercedes Gugisberg, are copies of plates made by Kenneth Chapman. Design motifs include geometric images, animal forms (primarily birds), flower images, and stylized rain clouds.
Lee Marmon Pictorial Collection
Abstract This collection contains photographs taken by Lee Marmon throughout his life. These include images of elders and community members from Laguna and Acoma Pueblos, visual documentation of uranium mines and mills throughout New Mexico, photos of fashion and social life in 1960s and 1970s Palm Springs, CA, among other things.
Mission at Old Acoma Foundation records,
Identifier: AC 342
Scope and Content This collection consists of meeting agendas, schedules, correspondence and financial reports, and isometric drawings of the mission, San Esteban del Ray, as well as photographs of the project and crew members for the time period September 1988 through May 1992.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
New Mexico Locales Photograph Collection
Abstract The New Mexico Locales Photograph Collection is comprised of photographs of buildings, sites, persons and events from New Mexico towns, excluding Albuquerque and Santa Fe.
Pueblo Lands Board Records,
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of memorandums, documents from hearings, and minutes of meetings of the Pueblo Lands Board. Also included are letters sent and received by Roberts Walker, Chairman of the Pueblo Lands Board, and letters received by Herbert J. Hagerman, U.S. Indian Commissioner authorized to negotiate with the Pueblos. Individual files are present for the Pueblos of Nambe, Pojoaque, Tesuque, Laguna, and Acoma. Materials concerning the Navajo are also present in this collection.
Santa Maria de Acoma Construction and Dedication Photograph Collection
Abstract Photographs documenting the construction and dedication ceremonies at Santa Maria de Acoma, a catholic church and mission at McCartys, New Mexico designed by John Gaw Meem.
Sophie D. Aberle Photograph Collection
Abstract The collection contains photos and prints collected by Sophie D. Aberle. Persons depicted include Sophie D. Aberle and friends. Native American issues are represented by images of the Congress of American Indians (circa 1938), Indian affairs events, photos of the Commissioner(s) of Indian Affairs, the Navajo Farm Training Project, the Indian Building, and exhibits (at the New Mexico State Fairgrounds?), and the Computer Assisted Education Project.
Tony Hillerman Photograph Collection
Abstract Collection contains formal and informal photographs of author Tony Hillerman and others, along with places, southwest landscapes, from the late 1920s to approximately 2000.
Dates: 1928-2000; Majority of material found within 1950s-1995
Ward Alan Minge Papers
Abstract The Ward Alan Minge Papers contain legal and historical documents (depositions, reports, exhibits, legal opinions, translations and transcriptions of Spanish and Mexican era sources, documents from the territorial and modern era) concerning New Mexico’s Pueblo Indians. Correspondences, reports, maps, and articles pertaining to the Pueblos and to various New Mexico historical associations and commissions are also included.
William Boone Douglass Correspondence
Scope and Content The correspondence in this collection pertains to a dispute regarding the extent of lands belonging to the Pueblo of Acoma, as well as to the related issues of settlement on land claimed by Acoma and the accusation of theft of livestock by neighboring Hispanic settlers. The majority of the letters are between Douglass and Frank Ortiz, Governor of Acoma, and between Douglass and James H. Miller, interpreter of Acoma. Additionally, there are single letters from Leo Garcia, former Governor of...
- Subject: Acoma (N.M.) X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 21
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- Photographs 11
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 10
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 10
- Acoma (N.M.) 6
- Zuni (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 5
- Acoma (N.M.) -- History 3
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Laguna (N.M.) 3
- Laguna (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture -- Designs and plans 2
- Acoma Indians 2
- Acoma Indians -- Land tenure 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico 2
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico 2
- Architecture--Designs and plans 2
- Carlsbad (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Acoma 2
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Clovis (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Columbus (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Elizabethtown (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Embudo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Enchanted Mesa (Valencia, N.M.) 2
- Espanola (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Farmington (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Hopi Indian Reservation (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Jemez Springs (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Lamy (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Legal documents 2
- Letters 2
- Los Cerrillos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Map 2
- Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Negatives (Photographs) 2
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Pictorial works 2
- Posters 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Pueblo of Laguna (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Pictorial Works 2
- Santo Domingo Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Socorro (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Tesuque Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Watrous (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Abo (N.M.) -- 1910-1940 -- Pictorial works 1
- Acapulco (Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- 1910-1950 -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Boundaries 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Acoma Indians -- History 1
- Acoma Indians--Land tenure 1
- Acoma mythology 1
- Aircraft accidents -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Alamo (San Antonio, Tex.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- 1928-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Negatives (Photographs) 1
- Alcalde (N.M.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Algeria -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Algodones (N.M.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Algodones (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- American fiction -- Indian authors 1
- American poetry -- Indian authors 1
- Amusement parks -- Pictorial works 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Apache Trail (Ariz.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Architects 1
- Architectural elements -- New Mexico -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- McCartys -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico--1925-1963 -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- South Dakota 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arroyo Seco (N.M.) -- Pictorial Works 1
- Astronautical museums -- New Mexico -- Alamogordo -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 1
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Aztecs -- Pictorial works 1
- Balloons -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial Works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- 1930-1940 -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Beauty contests -- United States 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Billings (Mont.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Billy, the Kid -- Pictorial Works 1
- Bisti (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- English 24
- Undetermined 4
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 2
- Historic American Buildings Survey 2
- Allen, Paula Gunn, 1939-2008 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 1
- Johnson, E. Dana 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- Stevenson, Matilda Coxe, 1850-1915 1
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 1
- Wroth, James S (James Stewart), 1885- 1 ∧ less