Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Identifier: PAC 038
Scope and Content The Ben Wittick Photograph Collection is one of the most significant extant collections of work by photographer Ben Wittick. Substantial in size, with over 1,000 glass plate negatives alone, this collection is one of the major holdings in the Photo Archives. Wittick's photographs are of historical importance and represent one of the most important visual collections documenting early New Mexico and the Southwest. In addition to stereocards, boudoir cards, cabinet cards, prints, and negatives...
Dates: 1879 - 1903
Identifier: PAC 035
Scope and Content Important collection of original photographs of Hopi, Apache, Havasupai peoples, Fort Apache and other locations, dated circa 1900. As an established artist, Werntz had a highly sophisticated approach to photography. No accession records for this collection. The work of William H. Simpson somehow seems to be tied to this collection but there is no paper trail to verify that.
Identifier: PAC 022
Scope and Content Consisting primarily of cyanotype images, the bulk of photos between 1888-1894 documents pueblo life and New Mexico, Latin America, archaeology, Bandelier family
Dates: 1884 - 1925
Scope and Content This small but invaluable collection of prints and negatives provides unique views of Santa Fe and the northern Pueblos, as well as some portraits and other New Mexico scenes.
Dates: 1890 - 1918; Majority of material found within 1904 - 1915
Identifier: PAC 033
Scope and Content This small collection of 47 images are all contact prints, made using the high-quality platinotype (platinum) process, which results in very "expressive" images due to its long tonal range. These prints represent his simplest and most direct portrait photographs of Indians visiting Washington in full ceremonial costume, sometimes borrowed.
Dates: 1894 - 1930
Identifier: PAC 003
Scope and Content The collection consists primarily of photographic images of Santa Fe, New Mexico circa 1900-1920. Images include the Penitentiary, Fiesta, and the Conquistadora Procession. Also documented are people, buildings, homes, daily life, and street scenes. Other subjects include various cities, including Albuquerque and Taos, and pueblos of New Mexico. The collection consists entirely of original prints.
Dates: 1901 - 1920; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: PAC 026
Scope and Content This collection of work by Hiester and other photographers includes work proofs, glass wet-plate negatives but is comprised mostly of stereoscopic views of New Mexico scenes, Pueblos, and Indian portraits. Many of these images have not been seen or used in the photo archives prior to the compilation of this finding aid in May of 2010, although there are some duplicates by Nicholas Brown, Melander Brothers and others. Due to the lack of accession records or inventory regarding the...
Dates: 1873 - 1878
Identifier: PAC 060
Scope and Content Collections consists of several thousand images in print, negative, color slide format and some film reels.
Dates: 1938 - 1991; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: PAC 020
Scope and Content Collections consists of original prints, with some duplicates, of New Mexico scenes, Pueblos and their inhabitants, Arizona, landscapes, and archaeological sites, most dating to 1879-1880. There are 50 duplicate prints in the collection, as many as four copies of some. All are albumen prints, stereoviews, many mounted on card stock, some printed with geologic survey graphics. There are also a number of prints used in the exhibition at the 1915 San Diego World Exposition.
Dates: 1872 - 1915; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content The collection consists primarily of photographic images of Santa Fe, New Mexico and the surrounding area. Also included are portraits of Santa Fe residents, railroad scenes, and some images from the surrounding pueblos. The collection includes photographs of Santa Fe buildings, such as the old Capital, the Palace of the Governors, the Penitentiary, and the U.S. Indian School. Also included are street scenes, homes, and businesses. Included among the portraits are government...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1895 - 1905
Identifier: PAC 006
Scope and Content The collection consists of photographic images produced by Matilda Coxe Stevenson circa 1890s through 1900. They depict ceremonial activities and daily life in the pueblos of Zuni and Sia (Zia). All photos were made with a Kodak No. 2 camera. Subject references made by the photographer are to the Annual Reports of the Bureau of American Ethnology to which the photos are keyed. There is no acquisition history for this collection however HP.1984.15 and HP.1984.24 contained photos which are more...
Dates: 1890 - 1900; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content Collection of thousands of original prints, film negatives, slides and color transparencies. These images were collected or created by New Mexico Magazine staff as well as freelancers, contractors, and the New Mexico state agencies that administered the magazine (i.e. the New Mexico Tourism Department and its predecessors). Throughout its history, the magazine sought to promote and support New Mexico inside and outside the state, with longstanding attention...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1930 - 2004
Identifier: PAC 016
Scope and Content Materials include 4x5 and 5x7 glass plate negatives, 4x5 and other various sized film negatives most of which is nitrate, prints, photo albums, film boxes with citation information, hand colored photos and notes.
Dates: 1893 - 1955; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: PAC 023
Scope and Content Collection of several thousand images includes glass lantern slides, film negatives, glass negatives and original prints.
Dates: 1915 - 1945; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content This collection is comprised primarily of Vroman’s documentation of Pueblo mission churches, although there are some additional southwestern images.
Dates: 1895 - 1904
Identifier: PAC 036
Scope and Content Small collection of cabinet and boudoir cards mainly of Santa Fe, Albuquerque and some portraits.
Dates: 1885 - 1889; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
- History - New Mexico 5
- Cabinet photographs 4
- Indians of North America - Southwest 3
- Native American Life 3
- Portrait photographs 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 2
- Archaeological sites - Southwest 2
- Archaeology - Southwest 2
- Indians of North America - Pueblo 2
- Landscape photographers, Southwest, New 2
- Santa Fe (NM) Photographs 2
- Archaelogy -- South America 1
- Archaelogy -- Southwest, New 1
- Boudoir photographs 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Churches -- New Mexico 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico -- Photographs. 1
- Color slides 1
- Color transparencies 1
- Geographical Surveys, Southwest, New, Photographs 1
- Glass negatives 1
- Historic Buildings - New Mexico 1
- Historic Buildings, Southwest, Old Photographs 1
- Historic buildings, Southwest, New Photographs 1
- History -- New Mexico 1
- History -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America - Arizona - Photographs 1
- Indians of North America - New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America - New Mexico - Photographs 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Photographs. 1
- Indians of North America -- Photographs 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America, Southwest, New 1
- Indians of North America, Southwest, New Photographs 1
- Indians of North America, Southwest, Old Photographs 1
- Landscape photographs 1
- Landscape photographs - Southwest 1
- Mission Churches - New Mexico 1
- Museums - New Mexico 1
- Natural areas, Southwest, New, Photographs 1
- Natural resources -- New Mexico -- Photographs. 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- Photographs. 1
- Outdoor recreation 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Portraits 1
- Portraits 1890-1930 1
- Railroads, Southwest, Old Photographs 1
- Recreation areas -- New Mexico -- Photographs. 1
- Rock Art - Southwest 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --Photographs 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) photographs 1
- Slides. 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- Stereographs 1
- Tourism -- New Mexico 1
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Transparencies 1
- Villages -- New Mexico -- Photographs. 1 ∧ less
- Brown, W. Calvin 1
- Craycraft, Aaron B., 1856-1918 1
- Gill, De Lancey, 1859-1940 1
- Heister, H. T. (Henry T.), -1895 1
- Hillers, John K., 1843-1925 1