Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Content This collection consists of portraits of local dignitaries, politicians and people of note which were produced in the Albright Art Parlors studios in Santa Fe and Albuquerque between 1880 and 1912 by resident operators. These portraits (on cabinet, boudoir and some larger card stock) offer a glimpse into the people and styles current in New Mexico during this period of time.
Dates: 1880 - 1912
Identifier: PAC 031
Scope and Content Collection of approximately 230 images by D.B. Chase or his “operators”. Includes photographs of Santa Fe, Pueblo Indians and miscellaneous New Mexico scenes dated 1884 - 1892.
Dates: 1884 - 1892
Identifier: PAC 026
Scope and Content This collection of work by Hiester and other photographers includes work proofs, glass wet-plate negatives but is comprised mostly of stereoscopic views of New Mexico scenes, Pueblos, and Indian portraits. Many of these images have not been seen or used in the photo archives prior to the compilation of this finding aid in May of 2010, although there are some duplicates by Nicholas Brown, Melander Brothers and others. Due to the lack of accession records or inventory regarding the...
Dates: 1873 - 1878
Identifier: PAC 051
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of cabinet and boudoir cards, a few stereoviews and viewing album pages with photos on both sides. All images are of New Mexico subjects. If album pages have single image they are 9 1/2" x 15", if four images, each is 4 1/2" x 7 1/2".
Dates: 1880 - 1890; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content The collection consists primarily of photographic images of Santa Fe, New Mexico and the surrounding area. Also included are portraits of Santa Fe residents, railroad scenes, and some images from the surrounding pueblos. The collection includes photographs of Santa Fe buildings, such as the old Capital, the Palace of the Governors, the Penitentiary, and the U.S. Indian School. Also included are street scenes, homes, and businesses. Among the portraits are government officials and...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1895 - 1905
Identifier: PAC 043
Scope and Content This small collection comes from the personal collection of Kenneth Chapman and includes photographs he had taken as well as those he collected for research purposes. Many of the photos were grouped into envelopes and labeled probably by Kenneth Chapman, which have been retained as a group.
Dates: 1885 - 1965; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: PAC 029
Scope and Content Small but important collection of prints, mounted on board, of views of Santa Fe and New Mexico, official buildings, building interiors, and cabinet card portraits.
Dates: 1890 - 1905; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: PAC 036
Scope and Content Small collection of cabinet and boudoir cards mainly of Santa Fe, Albuquerque and some portraits.
Dates: 1885 - 1889; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
- Portrait photographs 3
- Boudoir photographs 2
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --Photographs 2
- Santa Fe (NM) Photographs 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Geographical Surveys, Southwest, New, Photographs 1
- Glass negatives 1
- Historic Buildings - New Mexico -- Santa Fe -Photographs 1
- Historic Buildings, Southwest, Old Photographs 1
- Historic buildings - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Photographs 1
- Indians of North America, Southwest, New 1
- Indians of North America, Southwest, Old Photographs 1
- Landscape photographers, Southwest, New 1
- Men - New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Mescalero Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Natural areas --Southwest, New 1
- Natural areas, Southwest, New, Photographs 1
- Railroads, Southwest, Old Photographs 1
- Santa Fe (NM) -- Photographs 1
- Stereographs 1
- Women- New Mexico--Photographs 1 ∧ less
- Albright Art Parlors (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Albright, Emma L., 1852 - 1912 1
- Brown, W. Calvin 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Chase, D. B. (Dana B.), 1848-1897 1