Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 427
Abstract Business, professional and personal papers of Abelicio Marquez Peña, New Mexico sheep rancher, politician, foreign diplomat, writer and alumnus of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (New Mexico State University).
Dates: 1894-2004; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Records of [La] Acequia de Nuestra Senora de Belen (also referred to as Belen Ditch), Valencia County, from 1912-1963. Includes financial and employment records, correspondence, election ballots, legal papers, minutes, newspaper clippings, journals, ledgers and receipt books.
Abstract New Mexico author and rancher. The collection includes family correspondence, general correspondence, personal files, literary files, political files, publications, and photographs. Also included are a partial manuscript of No Life for a Lady and a complete manuscript of Satan's Paradise.
Dates: 1865 - 1954
Abstract Four pictures which include 3 photographs of Arizona and a photograph of Ben Lilly.
Dates: ca. 1890s
Abstract Photocopies and microfilm of the records of an Otero County, New Mexico, land development company organized in April 1898 by William A. Hawkins, John A. Eddy, and others. Collection includes articles of incorporation, by-laws, minutes and related materials through 1996. The photocopies and microfilmed records contain partial duplication
Abstract New Mexico lawyer, rancher, and politician. Political and personal correspondence, papers, reports, press clippings relating to Fall’s public career as a Senator, and United States Secretary of the Interior. This includes his role in United States Naval petroleum reserves (known as the Teapot Dome Scandal), and his subsequent prosecution and trial. Includes material relating to Fall’s Mexican mineral interests, and politics during World War I. Also included are materials created and received...
Abstract Papers of Albert Curry which contains photographs of New Mexico Agricultural College, now New Mexico State University, and information of the Mesilla Valley Audubon Society.
Dates: 1916 - 1980
Abstract Prisoner of War of the Japanese in the Philippines during World War II. Includes Correspondence, Government Bulletins, and Newspaper Clippings relating to Chase’s P.O.W. internment and death aboard a prison ship torpedoed by U.S. forces; also includes Correspondence and Legal Documents settling his estate and military claims.
Abstract Includes correspondence between Colonel Allison F. H. Scott, a retired Las Cruces Army officer, and prominent figures of the time regarding anti-Communist activities. Among the significant correspondents are J. Edgar Hoover, George Bush, Howard Flieger (the editor of the U.S. News and World Report), Senators John Tower and Strom Thurmond and Congressman James M. Collins. The collection also includes a planning folder for a 1976 Rotary Club banquet honoring General Hugh Milton.
Abstract Records of a Las Cruces ladies service club. Includes correspondence, financial records, minutes, newsletters, scrapbooks and clippings and organizational material which contains by-laws, binders, mailing lists, membership card, seals and lists, President's reports, manuals and workshops, yearbook and information from Altrusa International and District Ten.
Abstract Papers of the Amador family, entrepreneurs and community leaders of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Included in the collection are the personal papers of Martin Amador, Refugio Ruiz de Amador, their children, Emilia Amador de Garcia, Juan Amador, Francisco Amador, Martin A. Amador, Jr., Maria Amador de Daguerre, Clotilde Amador de Terrazas, Julieta Amador de Garcia, and Corina Amador de Campbell, and sons in law, Jesus Garcia and Antonio Terrazas. The papers include correspondence, financial, and legal...
Abstract Records from the New Mexico State University chapter of the American Association of University Professors which includes membership lists, constitutions, resolutions, and general information about the organization.
Abstract An organization of women who are college graduates involved in community projects, legislative lobbying actions, and social interaction study groups.
Dates: 1937 - 2019
Abstract Postcard album of the American Students of the Ecole des Beaux Arts.
Abstract Genealogical chart of the Anastasio Apodaca family, compiled by Emilio H. Apodaca of Socorro, New Mexico. The family is directly descended from the Spanish colonizers who founded Socorro, Texas in 1681.
Abstract Rio Hondo Valley cattleman and landowner. Includes personal and business correspondence from 1883-1886, including disputes over land with local businessmen and the New Mexico Public Land Office located in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Correspondents include New Mexico Public Land Office, Bloom Cattle Company, F.G. Bloom, John A. Thatcher, M.D. Thatcher, and G.G. Banbes. John A. Thatcher served as the company’s president, M.D. Thatcher acted as secretary/treasurer, and W.E. Anderson was Vice...
Abstract New Mexico teacher of Native American and Latin American children, and award-winning author. Comprised of the original manuscript, carbon copy, and galley proofs of her adult non-fiction book, Journey to the People (Viking, 1969).
Abstract Daughter of early New Mexico businessman, who became a prominent business woman in El Paso, Texas. Materials include personal and business correspondence and financial records. Collection also contains materials pertaining to Bucher's parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles.
Abstract The Anthony Women's Civic Club of Anthony, New Mexico -Texas was organized in April 1947 to seek out ways to make Anthony a cleaner, healthier, and more enjoyable community in which to live. The club is no longer in existence and the records demonstrate the founding of the club in its early stages. There is organizational documentation such as membership rosters, minutes, correspondence, constitution, scrapbooks, and other related documents outlining the club’s history. The records span from...
Dates: 1947 - 1990
Abstract Business and personal papers of the Reid family who operated an Angora goat ranch in Kingston, NM.
Abstract The Armijo and Gallagher families papers include personal, business and legal documents primarily concerning Nestor Armijo’s involvement in mercantile and ranching interests during the late-1800s in southern New Mexico. The bulk of the papers document how the Armijo family established itself as one of the most well-known mercantile families of territorial New Mexico. A good deal of material pertains to the Armijo home, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Abstract Photographs from a former chemistry professor at New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts who took pictures of Las Cruces and Mescalero Apaches circa 1800s.
Dates: 1892 - 1903
Abstract Manuscripts from a publisher and bookseller whose focus is primarily the American frontier.
Dates: ca. 1820-1977
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad's Agricultural Department in Amarillo Texas, including agricultural research and promotional programs, correspondence, and business records. The collections has been minimally processed and is kept in the file order assigned by the company. Photographs were separated and are filed under the original accession number RG84-114.
Dates: 1916-1950; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Personal and professional papers of August Holver Hilton from 1885-1934.
Dates: 1885 - 1934
- Repository: New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections X
- Photographs 32
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 30
- Letters 29
- Scrapbooks 9
- Business records 7
- Ranching 6
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- New Mexico -- Las Cruces -- History 6
- Correspondence 5
- Family-owned business enterprises--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources 5
- Merchants 5
- Mining 5
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 5
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 4
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- Social life 4
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.)—History—Sources. 4
- Military 4
- Otero County, New Mexico 4
- Ranchers--New Mexico 4
- Water use -- New Mexico 4
- Women – New Mexico – Las Cruces – History – Sources 4
- Writer 4
- Account books 3
- Canutillo (Tex.) -- History 3
- Deeds 3
- Diaries 3
- Faithists--Research. 3
- Leadership in women – New Mexico – History – Sources. 3
- Mexican-American border region 3
- New Mexico Legislature 3
- New Mexico State University--Photographs 3
- New Mexico--History 3
- Nonprofit organizations 3
- Social service – New Mexico – History – Sources. 3
- Societies and clubs - History - Sources 3
- White Sands Missile Range 3
- Women's rights 3
- Women—New Mexico—Las Cruces—History—Sources 3
- American literature 2
- Associations, institution, etc.—New Mexico—History—Sources. 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- New Mexico -- Las Cruces -- History 2
- Astronomy 2
- Authors -- New Mexico 2
- California -- Photographs 2
- Casad family 2
- Cattle and sheep ranching 2
- Chloride (N.M.) -- History 2
- Civic leaders--New Mexico--Las Cruces--Biography--Sources 2
- Civil rights 2
- Cleaveland, Agnes Morley, 1874- . 2
- Cleaveland, Norman. 2
- Clippings 2
- Cloudcroft, (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 2
- Community activists 2
- Courtship 2
- Dance--Anthropological aspects 2
- Dance--Social aspects 2
- Faithists. 2
- Fall, Albert B. 2
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 2
- General stores--New Mexico--Roswell--History--Sources 2
- Hadley, Walter C., 1857-1896 2
- Hillsboro (N.M.) 2
- History societies, etc--New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America 2
- Jews--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 2
- Journalism--New Mexico--History--Sources 2
- Lake Valley (N.M.) 2
- Land development. 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- Maps 2
- Las Cruces Sun-News 2
- Las Cruces--Newspapers 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) 2
- Legal documents 2
- Lilly, Ben, 1856-1936. 2
- Lincoln County (N.M.) 2
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 2
- Lincoln County (NM)--History 2
- Love-letters 2
- Magdalena (N.M.) -- History 2
- Matachines (Dance) 2
- Mescalero Apache Tribe of the Mescalero Reservation, New Mexico 2
- Mesilla (N.M.)—History--Sources 2
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.) 2
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.)--History--Sources 2
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920 2
- Mexico – History – Pictorial works. 2
- Military camps--New Mexico--Photographs 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- Mining camps--New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts 2
- New Mexico State University 2
- New Mexico State University--History--Sources 2
- Newbrough, John Ballou, 1828-1891. Oahspe. 2
- Oral histories 2
- Photographs--United states--Southwest region 2 ∧ less
- English 418
- Undetermined 59
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- French 3
- Armijo family 2
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 2
- Acequia de Nuestra Señora de Belén 1
- Alamogordo Improvement Company 1
- Anderson Cattle Company 1
- Anthony Women's Civic Club of Anthony, New Mexico-Texas 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company. Agricultural Department 1
- Atlantic and Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Ball, Eve 1
- Barker, Elliott S. (Elliott Speer), 1886-1988 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Cleaveland, Agnes Morley, 1874-1958 1
- Corn Exchange Hotel 1
- Curry, Albert 1
- Dona Ana County Rockhound Club Inc. 1
- Eber, Christine 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Foster, Bennett 1
- Henn, Nora 1
- Marsh, Herb, Jr. 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Pelletier, Dan 1
- Rynerson, William Logan 1
- Schmidt, Henry A. 1
- Southern Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Thompson, Katherine 1
- Thompson, Rachel 1
- Thwaits, Irma Nell 1
- United States. Forest Service. 1
- Vasquez, Josephine 1
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 1
- Weaving for Justice 1
- Wilson, Keith, 1927-2009 1
- Zohn, Hershel 1 ∧ less