Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Scope and Content Series I consists primarily of probate, mining, and real estate records. Probate records include those involving the Kiker, Lischke (Siringo Ranch), and Rolshoven estates. Series II includes materials from the Nuremberg War Crime Trials. Series III includes Albert's correspondence from 1937 to 1974. Most of the correspondence concerns legal issues in New Mexico and includes several letters from Thomas B. Forbis, an attorney in Roswell, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of records from the Avery-Bowman Co., a real estate business in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Series I includes an abstract of title involving the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railway Co., and an abstract of title of the Roque Lovato Land Grant. Series II includes a patent conveying a tract of land adjacent to the plaza in Santa Fe from the U.S. Government to the City of Santa Fe. Series III includes the wills of many Santa Fe citizens, including Clara H. Olsen and Ernest...
Dates: 1782-1958 (bulk 1860-1933)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal and political papers of Epifanio Vigil. Political papers contain several broadsides and clippings from various New Mexico periodicals. Broadsides include Donaciano Madrid's opposition to the election of Francisco Chavez as Sheriff of Santa Fe County, New Mexico (1891) and opposition to Oterista and Catronista republicans (1900). A translation of an article implicating Thomas B. Catron in the American Valley murder is also included along with Francisco A....
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of correspondence, but also includes contracts, account documents, power-of-attorney claims, and other materials. Series I consists primarily of letters to Chavez from various family members and friends. Includes a funeral corrido (ballad), a letter requesting smallpox vaccinations, and a letter from Archbishop Lamy refusing to establish a new religious order in New Mexico. Series II consists of letters to Chavez from business associates, including Miguel A. Otero...
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from the legal and business practices of Francis C. Wilson. Most of the collection is made up of case files, but also includes correspondence, ledgers, contracts, newspaper clippings, publications, land conveyances, and speeches. Case files are from both civil and criminal proceedings and involve issues such as insurance, bonding, taxes, divorces, bankruptcy, mortgages, debts, estates, and suits. Most of the cases concern business in the areas...
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from members of these three inter-related familes from the area of Taos, New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of land conveyances, wills, business documents, and correspondence. Includes a photocopy of Teresita Bent's handwritten account of her father Governor Charles Bent's assassination in 1847; land conveyances involving Maria Ygnacia Jaramillo; personal papers of Cornelio Vigil; a speech by L. Bradford Prince; business and personal...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the Avery-Bowman Co. of Santa Fe, New Mexico, and the personal papers of Jennie M. Avery and Grace Bowman. Avery-Bowman Co. records include records of its predecessors the Santa Fe Abstract, Realty and Insurance Agency and the Joseph B. Hayward Agency. These records include land conveyances, deeds, titles, surveys, appraisals, abstracts, and various legal documents, most of which involve property in the vicinity of Santa Fe. The personal papers of Grace Bowman...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials relating to land and property in Santa Fe and northern New Mexico owned by Jesus Maria Baca. Includes materials on the City Ice and Storage Co. of Santa Fe and several New Mexico ranches. Materials concerning Senator Cutting deal only with real estate transactions in Santa Fe. Includes transcript of Santa Fe County District Court Civil Case # 19438, Baca vs. Baca et al., in which Julia S. Baca received authorization as administrator of Jesus Maria...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal papers of Merrill E. Noble and the legal and personal papers of James V. Noble. The bulk of the collection consists of the legal files of Merrill's and James' private practice in Las Vegas. Legal files include correspondence, pleadings, and other materials that pertain to various civil, criminal, and probate cases in New Mexico. Included are papers pertaining to the following land grants: Las Vegas, Anton Chico, Preston Beck, Ortiz, and Tecolote; land titles in...
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of individuals associated with the Charles Ilfeld Co., a mercantile company which operated in Las Vegas, Santa Fe, and other parts of northern New Mexico. Series I consists of the business and personal papers of Charles Ilfeld. Business papers include deeds, certificates, licenses, conveyances, blueprints, correspondence, contracts, notebooks, receipts, invoices, and other materials from the Charles Ilfeld Co. Personal papers include correspondence, notebooks, an...
Scope and Content Collection consists of documents relating to land transactions in Santa Fe. Includes land conveyances, bills of sale, and receipts. Five of the 20 documents in this collection involve W.W. Griffin, including the settlement of his estate in 1901 and a conveyance of land and a house to Griffin from Lucien Maxwell in 1874. Some of the documents also involve Judge Joab Houghton. Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of land grant and land conveyance documents (Seriesi I and II) from the Albuquerque-Bernalillo area and surrounding communities in New Mexico (1697-1929). Included are deeds and records concerning the Alameda and Joseph Telles Jiron land grants, homestead lands, and the San Mateo Ranch. Series III (persons) includes the estate papers, estate inventories, and wills of various members of the related Perea family. Miscellaneous documents include Jacobo Yrisarri's...
- Conveyances 7
- Deeds 7
- Wills 6
- Clippings 5
- Contracts 4
- Family papers 4
- Legal documents 4
- Legal files 4
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 3
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Map 3
- Publications 3
- Real property -- New Mexico 3
- Account books 2
- Addresses 2
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Certificates 2
- Estate inventories 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Invoices 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants--New Mexico 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- New Mexico -- Commerce 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- Notarial documents 2
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Real property -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Alameda (N.M.) -- History 1
- Alameda Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sedillo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Appraisals (financial records) 1
- Arroyo Hondo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Baird Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Ballads 1
- Bankers -- New Mexico -- Tome 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Blueprints 1
- Bounties, Military -- New Mexico 1
- Broadsides 1
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Candelaria (N.M.) -- History 1
- Catalogs 1
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Civil procedure --New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure New Mexico. 1
- Cow Creek Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Criminal procedure --New Mexico 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico 1
- Dueling -- New Mexico 1
- Elena Gallegos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Family New Mexico Taos Photographs 1
- Financial records 1
- Harding County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Indexes 1
- Insurance companies--New Mexico 1
- Inventories 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 1
- Jews -- New Mexico 1
- Jose Demetrio Medina Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Joseph Telles Jiron Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Land Titles Registration and Transfer New Mexico Chama 1
- Land grants --New Mexico 1
- Land grants New Mexico Maps. 1
- Land surveys 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Santa Clara Pueblo 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Chimayo 1
- Land titles --New Mexico 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Elizabethtown 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Santa Fe. 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Taos 1
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico 1
- Las Animas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Las Trampas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 1
- Lawyers --New Mexico--Las Vegas 1
- Lawyers New Mexico Roswell 1
- Lawyers New Mexico Santa Fe 1
- Lawyers New Mexico. 1
- Lawyers--New Mexico 1
- Lea County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Leases 1
- Legal documents--New Mexico 1
- Letterpress copybooks 1
- Licenses 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Tome 1 ∧ less
- English 14
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 2
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1