Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 52
Identifier: AC 065
Scope and Content Supported by photographs now in Photo Archives, History Bureau, Museum of New Mexico, this collection (hereafter cited as the La Fonda Hotel Collection) consists of a body of manuscript materials relation to efforts by the Atchinson, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad and the Fred Harvey group to sponsor a Southwestern Indian Exhibit at "A Century of Progress, International Exposition; Chicago, 1933" -- more commonly known as the 1933 Chicago World's Fair. Arrangement: By subject matter...
Identifier: AC 087
Scope and Content This collection consists of records from the School of American Archaeology in Santa Fe. Includes minutes, announcements, pamphlets, clippings, reports, official correspondence, and financial documents. Much of the correspondence involves officials at the School of American Archaeology and its parent institution the Archaeological Institute of America, including Edgar Hewett, Charles Lummis, Francis Kelsey, and Charles Bowditch, as well as scholars such as Jesse Fewkes.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 007
Scope and Content The Association's papers consist of the records of Santa Fe preservationists who unsuccessfully attempted in 1948-49 to save the so-called "Lamy House" and the "Old Santa Fe Trading Post" on Cathedral Place from destruction by the A.T. & S.F. Railroad for expansion of their La Fonda Hotel.
Identifier: AC 015
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning the Battle of Glorieta Pass, fought between Union and Confederate troops in northern New Mexico on March 28, 1862. This battle was the deciding Civil War conflict in New Mexico. Most of the collection relates to the 1987 discovery of a mass grave containing the remains of 31 Confederate soldiers of the 4th, 5th, and 7th Texas Mounted Volunteers from the Battle of Glorieta Pass. Includes photocopies of newspaper clippings on the discovery and the...
Identifier: AC 038
Scope and Content The following is a list of principal categories. I. A summary of Beatrice Champion Chauvenet. II. Tsianina Evans - Jennie Avery Correspondence. III. Other biographical material. IV. Material relating to Edgar Lee Hewett, Ph.D. V. Bandelier National Monument. VI. Old Santa Fe Association. VII. Historical...
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Identifier: AC 136
Scope and Content The Boaz Walton Long Collection consists of private and professional correspondence, financial records, and personal papers dating almost entirely from the 1940s.
Identifier: AC 138
Scope and Content Summary: Collection consists of Lummis's journals and correspondence, as well as articles by Lummis and clippings on Pueblo Indian topics. The journals consist of typed carbon copies of very detailed entries from 1917 to 1920. The correspondence is from 1891 to 1912 and consists primarily of carbon copies of typed letters sent by Lummis to various individuals, including his daughter Turbese and son Keith, as well as Eugene Manlove Rhodes, John Muir, Ernest T. Seton, and Frank Springer. On the...
Identifier: AC 052
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, business and financial documents, agricultural literature and newspaper clippings concerning farming in south central New Mexico. Also included in the collection are certificates of brand for cattle dated 1935, 1940, and 1948, and records kept by Crews on cattle breeding.
Identifier: AC 126
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials about Lambert and the San Gabriel Dude Ranch. Includes several pamphlets and promotional items about the ranch, as well as clippings of articles about Lambert and his experiences as a cowboy. Also in the collection are the lyrics to several cowboy songs.
Identifier: AC 568-p
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence of Edna McClellan of New York City to collect money through chain letters to build a home in Washington D. C. for Admiral Winfield Scott Schley, commander of the USS Brooklyn and the “Hero of Santiago” of the Spanish-American War. Collection also contains correspondence between the Admiral and McClellan, legal documents concerning Schley, and a number of newspaper clippings about McClellan and the “Endless Chain” letters. Also part of the collection are...
Dates: 1867-1918; Majority of material found in 1900-1903
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Identifier: AC 167
Scope and Content Correspondence and letters to and from the governor's office during the year 1952. He served as governor during the years 1951-1954.
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
Identifier: AC 211
Scope and Content The collection revolves around the internationally recognized sculptor and longtime resident of Santa Fe -- Eugenie Fredericka Shonnard. The bulk of the collection is from the mid-nineteenth century to the late 1970s. The collection is arranged both topically and chronologically. Biographical sketches precede those individuals whose papers comprise a significant portion of the overall collection. Collection consists of letters, diaries, ledgers, clippings, scrapbooks, notebooks,...
Dates: 1729-1978 (bulk, 1850-1978)
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Identifier: AC 150
Scope and Content The Moles Collection consists of one account ledger and 18 diaries with accompanying enclosures dating from 1908 to 1925.
Identifier: AC 071
Scope and Content Included in this collection are Isabel Eckles' memorabilia, personal correspondence and papers pertaining to her various interests. Among the photocopied documents are memoirs written by Addison M. Williams and edited by E. Dana Johnson including poems, short stories, and a 79 page autobiography titled: "My Yesterdays: The Autobiography of an Ordinary Citizen: A Narrative of Early Days from Ohio to Old Santa Fe and Montana. Sidelights on the Formative Period in Some Far Western...
Identifier: AC 119
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Jones. Includes WWII contour maps of Japan; miscellaneous newspaper clippings and pamphlets about the Zia Company and Los Alamos; and Jones's correspondence.
Identifier: AC 060-S
Scope and Content These scrapbooks of clippings, primarily from New Mexican newspapers, cover the years of John Joseph Dempsey's political career from his first campaign for the U.S. Senate (1940) and his appointment as Under-Secretary of the Interior that same year, through his two terms as Governor of New Mexico (1942-1946). In all, there are 14 scrapbooks with a folder containing a few clippings from 1948. The first scrapbook (1940-1941) consists of clippings concerned only with his Senatorial...
- Scrapbooks 15
- Diaries 9
- Photographs 9
- Manuscripts 8
- Pamphlets 8
- Reports 8
- Correspondence 7
- Financial records 7
- Genealogy 7
- Programs 6
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 5
- Certificates 5
- Ephemera 5
- Minutes (Records) 5
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 5
- Governors -- New Mexico 4
- Letters 4
- Poems 4
- Account books 3
- Addresses 3
- Exhibition catalogs 3
- Family histories 3
- Menus 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- Publications 3
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico 2
- By-laws 2
- Constitutions 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Legal documents 2
- Map 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Membership lists 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Newspapers 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Short stories 2
- Visitors' books 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 2
- Address books 1
- Administrative agencies -- United States 1
- Adobe News 1
- Adobe houses 1
- African American boxers 1
- Agriculture -- Colorado 1
- Airports -- Finance -- United States 1
- Ambassadors--United States 1
- Amistad (N.M.) -- History 1
- Anthropology -- New Mexico 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- United States 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Artists--California 1
- Artists--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American--Southwestern States 1
- Barrio de Analco (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Battleships--New Mexico 1
- Booklets 1
- Bosque del Apache Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Bounties, Military 1
- Boxers (Sports) -- United States 1
- Boxing matches -- New Mexico -- East Las Vegas 1
- Broadsides 1
- Building, Adobe 1
- Buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Buildings -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Buildings--Adobe 1
- Business cards 1
- Canon de San Diego de Jemez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Canyon de Chelly, Treaty of, 1849 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Cattle -- Breeding -- New Mexico 1
- Cattle brands -- New Mexico 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Zuni 1
- City planning --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1 ∧ less
- English 51
- Undetermined 43
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 5
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Fletcher, Alice C. (Alice Cunningham), 1838-1923 2
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 2
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- Walter, Paul A. F. 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Chisum, John Simpson, 1824-1884 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Santa Fe (Cruiser) 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Watkins, Carleton E., 1829-1916 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less