Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Identifier: AC 344-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of miscellaneous cards, letters, articles, and brochures. It includes an untitled typed manuscript on the history of the creation of New Mexico Territory. There is an essay " Santa Fe, City in Two Worlds" written by Fredric Brown (1906-1972), and a pamplet titled "Last Will and Testament of Charlie Masters".
Identifier: AC 309-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of an assortment of materials about the Haniel and Alice Long family. The materials were sent to William and Dorothy Gilbert by Anton V. Long, son of Haniel and Alice. There is a book of poetry by Alice Long; accompaning this is a reproduction of a protrait by Raymond Moreau Crosby. There is an essay about Haniel Long written by John Slater. Included are several obituaries of John Slater, a list of books written by Haniel Long with descriptions, and miscellaneous postcards...
Identifier: AC 038
Scope and Content The following is a list of principal categories. I. A summary of Beatrice Champion Chauvenet. II. Tsianina Evans - Jennie Avery Correspondence. III. Other biographical material. IV. Material relating to Edgar Lee Hewett, Ph.D. V. Bandelier National Monument. VI. Old Santa Fe Association. VII. Historical...
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Identifier: AC 400
Abstract The collection consists of primarily fiscal, operational, and other bookstore related business files accumulated over fifty years of gallery and bookstore operations.
Identifier: AC 300
Scope and Content This collection consists of five galley proofs of books written by Rufus and Lela Waltrip. They are Quiet Boy, Cowboys and Cattlemen, Indian Women, Purple Hills, and White Harvest. Included is a newspaper clipping copy on the authors and Cowboys and Cattlemen.
Identifier: AC 361
Scope and Content Collection consists of nearly all her research materials as well as manuscripts with and without annotations; notes; lecture materials; correspondence; newspaper and journal clippings; book reviews of her books; Federal One, a newsletter of 1930s culture; and other publications. Included are research materials on New Mexico writers, penitentes and religion in New Mexico, materials on many of the Works Project Administration (WPA) projects in New Mexico, and...
Identifier: AC 226
Scope and Content The Ralph Emerson Twitchell Collection's first part consists of the papers of Ralph Emerson Twitchell (11-29-1859 to 10-26-1925), the attorney, public office holder and historian; Margaret Olivia Collins Twitchell (born circa 1868 to 1-29-1900), the first Mrs. Twitchell; Estelle Bennett Burton Twitchell (1-31-1872 to 10-13-1952), the second Mrs. Twitchell; and Waldo Collins Twitchell, the son of Margaret and Ralph who became an engineer and a writer. The second part of the Ralph...
Identifier: AC 415
Scope and Content The collection consists primarily of correspondence between Bradford and his publishers J.B. Lippincott Co., Judith Klausner, Doubleday, McIntosh & Otis and others. It also includes manuscripts and correspondence when Bradford wrote for El Palacio. In addition, the collection contains personal correspondence, book reviews (manuscripts and publications), and manuscripts of work in progress. Examples of titles include: The Great Country Music...
Dates: 1963-1996; Majority of material found in 1967-1996
Identifier: AC 172
Scope and Content Ruth Kelsey Diel Papers are arranged both topically and chronologically.
Identifier: AC 224
Scope and Content The Theron Marquis Trombeau papers include manuscripts, publications, correspondence and journals written between 1927 and 1979. Trombeau wrote extensively about southern New Mexico. He also wrote fiction, poetry, newspaper columns and essays. Some of his works explore homosexuality.
Identifier: AC 341-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of one letter from William W. White to Richard Rudisill, dated November 11, 1974.
Identifier: AC 059
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten manuscripts of "El Gringo" and "The Spanish Conquest of New Mexico," a handwritten transcript of Don Antonio de OtermÃn's journal of 1681 to 1692, and three 1904 letters from Davis to L. Bradford Prince concerning the donation of these materials to the Historical Society of New Mexico. The OtermÃn journal was copied from the original during Davis's tenure as Secretary of New Mexico, and includes descriptions of the Pueblo revolt of 1680 and attempts by the...
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 12
- Clippings 5
- Manuscripts 4
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Diaries 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- Photographs 2
- Poems 2
- Addresses 1
- Authors, American - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Booksellers and bookselling -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Brochures 1
- Certificates 1
- Christianity -- New Mexico 1
- Cookery, American -- New Mexico 1
- Cookery, American -- Southwest 1
- Decorative Arts, Spanish Colonial--New Mexico 1
- Drawing 1
- Ephemera 1
- Essays 1
- Family histories 1
- Federal One 1
- Fiction 1
- Financial records 1
- Folklore-- New Mexico 1
- Genealogy 1
- Hermanos Penitentes 1
- Historic Preservation -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Indians of North America -- Music 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Legends - New Mexcio 1
- Letters 1
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.) -- History 1
- Montezuma Rural High School Tribal Record 1
- New Mexico - Juvenile literature 1
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- Patricia Ruth Nichols collection 1
- Poets, American - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Pueblo Indians 1
- Pueblo Revolt, 1680 1
- Recipes -- New Mexico 1
- Reports 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - Description and travel 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 1
- Santa Fe Community Theater 1
- Scripts (documents) 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- Description and travel 1
- Tourism -- New Mexico 1
- United States. Works Progress Administration (N.M.) Reporter 1
- Village communities -- New Mexico 1
- Visitors' books 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 12
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 2
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 2
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Boyd, E. (Elizabeth), 1903-1974 1
- C. de Baca, Elba 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Fletcher, Alice C. (Alice Cunningham), 1838-1923 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less