Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
Identifier: AC 004
Scope and Content Antonio Armijo's ledger contains the dry goods accounts for various people, 1899-1902. Each entry gives the person's name, items purchased, amount owed, and when the account was paid. Also inlcuded is an alphabetical index by surname. The ledger book is in Spanish.
Identifier: AC 502-p
Scope and Content Collection contains six Spanish-language pamphlets about Benito Juarez.
Identifier: AC 153-P
Scope and Content Collection contains papers regarding Carlos MuÃ±oz's legal problems in Puerto Rico.
Identifier: AC 251
Scope and Content Collection consists of various Catholic devotional books and pamphlets (1755-1901). Included are small prayer pamphlets, brevaries, explanations of the Holy Word, and stories of La Virgen de la Merced, La Senora de La Salud, and Our Lady of Guadalupe. Also included is an incomplete undated Tagalog grammar book.
Identifier: Rare 972s 1788
Scope and Content Two volumes list rules and regulations for New Spain by the King of Spain and the Viceroy of Mexico. Documents are in Spanish, are mostly handwritten with some printed material inserted.
Translations of the indices to the two volumes were kindly provided by Frank Wimberly.
Translations of the indices to the two volumes were kindly provided by Frank Wimberly.
Identifier: AC 396
Scope and Content Collection consists of Spanish documents: two royal decrees, a contract with Juan de Oñate regarding the discovery and conquest of New Mexico dated September 21, 1595; and the appointment of Oñate and other members of the expedition to the title of Hidalgo, dated July 8, 1602. (The original documents are housed at the Archivo General de Indias in Seville, Spain). Included are illustrations of coats of arms, military uniforms and weapons, maps and architectural drawings of various styles of...
Identifier: AC 056-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of miscellaneous land transfer documents pertaining to the Cuyamungue area of New Mexico. Cuyumungue is located twelve miles north of Santa Fe, New Mexico in Santa Fe County.
Dates: 1829-1908; 1829-1908
Identifier: AC 098-P
Scope and Content One letter from Francisco Griego to his wife, Dolores Archibeque, describing conditions at Fort Union, New Mexico in 1864. A typescript of the letter is also present.
Identifier: AC 099-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of one folder of Guatemalan documents: a series of complaints (1778-79) against Felis Andreu for nonpayment of debts in Guatemala city and reports (1800-07) submitted to the Inquisition authorities in Guatemala City regarding the conduct of Jose Matias Palencia.
Identifier: AC 578
Scope and Content Material pertains to Howard Bryan's bi-weekly Albuquerque Tribune column “Off the Beaten Path” which ran from 1953 to 1990. This collection contains clippings of those columns as well as the correspondence and research material he used to produce the column. Material includes awards, photographs and miscellaneous items.
Dates: 1940-2000; Majority of material found in 1970s-1980s
Identifier: AC 122
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of photocopies of Spanish colonial documents concerning the "Salinas Missions" of Chilili, Tajique, Quari, and Abo, New Mexico. Most of the original documents are located at the Archivo General de la Nacional in Mexico City. Collection also includes photocopies of typed manuscripts and typed and handwritten research notes by Kessell on the Salinas Missions. Photocopies. Material is in Spanish.
Identifier: AC 389-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a letter from Jose Quintana and Maria Royball de Quintana of Colonias, N.M. Letter is addressed to Don Antonio Bacilio Vigil concerning estate matters.
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Identifier: AC 093-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of four Catholic devotionals, or religious prayer books, from Mexico bound together in a soft cloth binding. The first is dated 1782, the second is dated 1794, the third is dated 1841, and the fourth is undated.
Identifier: AC 317
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten and printed documents: a passport to Santa Fe from St. Louis, Missouri, dated 1836, and a proclamation by Jesus Gonzales Ortega, Governor of Zacatecas, concerning the Mexican revolution, dated 1859. Also included is a document from 1827, written to protest the proposal that the Mexican seat of government be moved from Sinaloa province to Sonora. In addition, the collection contains various Mexican decrees dating from the 1830's. All documents are in...
Identifier: AC 630-p
Scope and Content Receipt from Mora County, Territory of New Mexico, is dated March 16, 1904, made payable to Antonio Leyba in the amount of $25.00, "por un mas de escuela al Distrito." Receipt is signed by the County Clerk and the Chairman of the School Directors for District 16, and approved by the County Superintendent on April 22, 1904.
Identifier: AC 611-p
Scope and Content The collection contains thirty Spanish-language wedding announcements dating from the early twentieth century, all entitled either "Himeneo" or "Nupcias". The announcements contain the names of the bride and groom, their parents and information about the wedding ceremonies. They are printed on cardboard or folded paper, with some bearing additional decoration.
Dates: 1899 - 1916; Majority of material found in 1908 - 1915
Identifier: AC 187-p
Scope and Content One Catholic prayer book, most of which is in Quecha, a native language of Peru, Bolivia, and Ecuador. Some of the text is in Spanish. Includes the following prayers: the "Saluation," the "Articles of Faith," the "Creed," the "Heavenly Father," and the "Ava Maria."
Identifier: AC 222-P
Scope and Content One folders containing misc documents including wills, land transfers and other legal matters; religious books and a job of José Salaices, 1789-1818. The sketch includes information regarding Apache campaigns. A descriptive inventory is included with the documents. Many of the documents have been roughly translated.
Identifier: AC 533-p
Scope and Content Folder contains one page document (City of Zacatecas) with Spanish Royal stamp stating the manner in which the account of the Royal Hacienda of New Spain were to be administered. Very ornate. Includes handwritten translation.
Dates: ; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 315-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of three original and three typescripts of land conveyances in the Spanish language.
Identifier: AC 223
Scope and Content This box contains longhand transcriptions of the original Spanish minutes of the Mexican legislative sessions in Santa Fe for a large part of the Mexican period of New Mexico. One session recorded in the folders was held on August 8, 1846 [Folder 19], and records the body's consternation at the invasion of United States forces numbering 5,000 marching upon the capitol city.
Identifier: AC 249-P
Scope and Content One ledger book of the Yrisarri Store, located in Ranchos de Albuquerque, New Mexico. Consists primarily of periodic entries documenting customer accounts. Accounts kept in Spanish. Partially indexed.
- Conveyances 3
- Devotional literature 3
- Account books 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Catholic Church -- Prayer-books and devotions -- Spanish 2
- Deeds 2
- Legal documents 2
- Legal instruments 2
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- Prayer books 2
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Wills 2
- Abo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Architecture - Historic buildings - England 1
- Architecture - Historic buildings - Spain 1
- Breviaries -- Mexico 1
- Broadsides 1
- Catholic Church -- Customs and practices 1
- Catholic Church -- Mexico 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- New Mexico 1
- Catholic Church -- Prayer books and devotions 1
- Catholic Church -- Prayer-books and devotions -- Quecha. 1
- Chilili (N.M.) -- History 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Colonias (N.M.) -- History 1
- Crime -- Puerto Rico -- Ponce 1
- Cuyamungue (N.M.) -- History 1
- Diaries 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Ephemera 1
- Estate records 1
- Explorers -- Mexico 1
- Explorers -- New Mexico 1
- Explorers -- Spain 1
- Fort Union (N.M.) 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Southwest, New -- Anecdotes 1
- Inquisition -- Guatemala 1
- Invitation cards -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles - Registration and transfer - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Cuyamungue 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe County 1
- Larceny -- Puerto Rico -- Ponce 1
- Marriage Customs and Rites -- New Mexico 1
- Mexican Archives of New Mexico. -- English. -- Selections 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 1
- Mexico - Politics and government 1
- Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1821-1861 1
- Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1861-1867 1
- Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1867-1910 1
- Military uniforms 1
- Mora County (N.M.) -- History 1
- New Mexico - Discovery and exploration - Spanish 1
- New Mexico -- History 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 1
- New Mexico -- Religious life and customs 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- New Mexico --Discovery and exploration--Spanish 1
- Newspapers 1
- Orders (military records) 1
- Outlaws - New Mexico 1
- Passports 1
- Payo de Nuevo Mexico 1
- Personal Correspondence 1
- Proclamations 1
- Publications 1
- Quarai (N.M.) -- History 1
- Saints -- Prayer books and devotions 1
- Salinas Province 1
- Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --History 1
- Santa Fe County (N.M.) -- Officials and employees 1
- Sante Fe National Historic Trail 1
- Southwest, New -- History -- 1848- 1
- Southwest, Old -- History 1
- Spain -- Colonies -- America -- Sources 1
- Spanish Americans -- Marriage customs and rites 1
- Spanish Law 1
- Syntax 1
- Tagalog language -- Grammar 1
- Tajique (N.M.) -- History 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 18
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1