Showing Collections: 26 - 50 of 75
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Identifier: AC 578
Scope and Content Material pertains to Howard Bryan's bi-weekly Albuquerque Tribune column “Off the Beaten Path” which ran from 1953 to 1990. This collection contains clippings of those columns as well as the correspondence and research material he used to produce the column. Material includes awards, photographs and miscellaneous items.
Dates: 1940-2000; Majority of material found in 1970s-1980s
Identifier: AC 036
Scope and Content The collection includes Cassidy's correspondence, manuscripts, and newspaper clippings dealing with Pueblo Indians. Also included are copies of correspondence by Richard Kern, who was an artist on the Fremont Expedition of 1848-49.
Dates: 1921-1961; 1848-49; 1912; 1935-1939
Identifier: AC 008-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of one photocopy of a letter from Austin to his brother telling of his experiences as a soldier camped at Abiquiu, New Mexico, in 1846.
Identifier: AC 525
Scope and Content Collection contains James P. McNulty's (1849-1933) membership cards to various fraternal orders and materials pertaining to Fannie McNultry McCraw. This collection contains the 1894 Valedictory address of Fannie McNulty, in rhyme, handwritten for graduation from Loretto Academy (Academy of Our Lady of Light); a hand-drawn cartoon thank-you note for Fannie McCraw from a former student, David, from 1938; and a book for Fannie and John McCraw upon their marriage in 1907, "Married Life: A Blessing...
Identifier: AC 454
Scope and Content This collection consists of Series 1: Exhibition Research (curator’s notes, biographies, family trees and photocopied images) and Series II: Exhibition Materials (exhibition book, educational matter and traveling information) related to Jewish Pioneers of New Mexico, 1821–1917.
Dates: 1998-2005; Majority of material found in 2000-2002
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
Identifier: AC 185
Scope and Content Collection consists of the private papers of L. Bradford Prince, 1862-1910.
Identifier: AC 400
Abstract The collection consists of primarily fiscal, operational, and other bookstore related business files accumulated over fifty years of gallery and bookstore operations.
Identifier: AC 020
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of photostats and photocopies of a broad range of historical documents, reports, and publications from the Archivo General de Indias in Seville, Spain, and Biblioteca Nacional in Mexico City, and the Bibloteca Archignasio Mezzofanti-Manoscritti in Bologna, Italy. Bloom's correspondence regarding the acquisition of these materials are included. The collection contains approx. 1100 index cards with entries of FRanciscan missionaries to New Mexico from pre-1691 to...
Identifier: AC 338
Scope and Content Collection consists the organizational papers of Living Treasures, Inc., including correspondence, clipping and research files, transcripts, audio tapes, and a few video recordings of interviews, honoring citizens of Santa Fe and other towns in northern New Mexico as Living Treasures for their hard work and dedication to our communities. Since March 2003 (beginning with #190), interviews have been recorded on CDs.
Identifier: AC 080
Scope and Content Collection consists of a variety of materials concerning Farnsworth's military activities, especially the Punitive Expedition against Villa in 1916. Includes three folders of letters sent by Farnsworth to his wife; a series of correspondence between Farnsworth and General John Pershing; three typed copies of the report of operations from the Punitive Expedition; and the diary kept by Farnsworth during his service in northern Mexico, El Paso, Texas, and Columbus, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 039
Scope and Content The Manuel Antonio Chaves papers contain correspondence and transcriptions concerning Manuel Antonio Chaves' ancestry and military career. Much of the correspondence is written by his son, Amado Chaves. Marc Simmons assembled the addenda to the Manuel Antonio Chaves Collection. The file contains copies of documentation of Manuel Antonio Chaves' military career between 1861 and 1863.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Identifier: AC 385
Scope and Content The collection contains essays by Marinell Ash, correspondence, family trust papers, and her research papers on Scotland and New Mexico. Included are BBC scripts and publications of the programs. There are also genealogies, family photos, and newsclippings about family members. Her grandfather was Alvin C. Ash (1871-1946) who was a United States Custom Official and a Rough Rider with Theodore Roosevelt. Some of his letters, biographical material, and newsclippings are also in the collection.
Identifier: AC 390
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Cable's books and essays, correspondence, and research materials associated with her publications.
Identifier: AC 626
Scope and Content Collection contains research material related to two books: Loretto: The Sisters and Their Chapel and Dona Tules: Santa Fe's Courtesan and Gambler.
Identifier: AC 512-p
Scope and Content Collection contains pamphlets of various masonic organizations in Santa Fe and Las Vegas, NM.
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Identifier: AC 318-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of six New Mexico documents from the Mexican period: circular from the Secretary of State signed by Jose Pablo Gallegos; roster of persons elected to the General National Congress signed by Juan Bautista Vigil; letter of reprimand signed by Jose Gonzalez; letter signed by Jose Gonzales (Revolutionary Governor); letter from Jose Miguel Sanchez to New New Mexico Governor, Donaciano Vigil; a decree from the President of the United States of America to Mexico with provisions of...
Identifier: AC 630-p
Scope and Content Receipt from Mora County, Territory of New Mexico, is dated March 16, 1904, made payable to Antonio Leyba in the amount of $25.00, "por un mas de escuela al Distrito." Receipt is signed by the County Clerk and the Chairman of the School Directors for District 16, and approved by the County Superintendent on April 22, 1904.
Identifier: AC 165-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of documents concerning government and military activities in New Mexico. Includes an 1861 order issued by Adjutant General Charles P. Clever for the formation of a New Mexico Militia; an 1881 report issued by the territorial government on the economic and geographic features of Socorro County; and a 1911 certificate of election for William C. MacDonald as Governor of the Territory of New Mexico. The collection contains one photocopy of an 1848 proclamation...
Identifier: AC 276-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a visitors log for Old Pigeon's Ranch near Glorieta, NM, along with description of the ranch and its location. Collection also contains a brief description of nearby Glorieta battlefield.
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 17
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 15
- New Mexico -- History 11
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 11
- Diaries 8
- Manuscripts 7
- New Mexico -- History, Military 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 7
- Clippings 6
- Correspondence 6
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 6
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 5
- Letters 5
- Publications 5
- Reports 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 4
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 4
- Broadsides 3
- Certificates 3
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 3
- Map 3
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 3
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 2
- Arizona--Description and travel 2
- Articles 2
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Ephemera 2
- Financial records 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Merchants--New Mexico--History 2
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 2
- Newspapers 2
- Oral histories 2
- Outlaws -- New Mexico 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - History 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Translations 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons 2
- Visitors' books 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- History 1
- Account books 1
- Addresses 1
- Aged--New Mexico. 1
- Alvarez, Manuel 1794-1856 1
- Antiquarian booksellers -- New Mexico 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Apache Indians -- Wars -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico 1
- Architecture - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Arizona -- Tours 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--History 1
- Arizona--History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Automobile travel -- Arizona 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico 1
- Awards 1
- Battlefields -- New Mexico 1
- Beef Cattle-New Mexico 1
- Booksellers and bookselling -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Brazito (N.M.), Battle of, 1846 1
- Breast -- Cancer 1
- Brochures 1
- Brown, Edmund Gerald 1905-1996 1
- Burial--Social aspects--United States--History--19th century. 1
- California -- Municipal Court (Los Angeles Judicial District) 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedral Church of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Cattle Brands-New Mexico-History 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Chapel of Our Lady of Light (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Child development -- United States -- History 1
- Children - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 1
- Conveyances 1
- Cookery, American -- New Mexico 1
- Cookery, American -- Southwest 1
- Crime - United States - 19th Century 1
- Deeds 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 63
- Undetermined 57
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- German 1
- Japanese 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 5
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 2
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Frazer, Robert Walter, 1911-2003 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Oñate, Juan de, 1549?-1624 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- St. Vincent Hospital (Sante Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less