Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 57
Identifier: AC 070-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of material related to Dyer's involvement in the Taos Revolt.
Identifier: AC 344-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of miscellaneous cards, letters, articles, and brochures. It includes an untitled typed manuscript on the history of the creation of New Mexico Territory. There is an essay " Santa Fe, City in Two Worlds" written by Fredric Brown (1906-1972), and a pamplet titled "Last Will and Testament of Charlie Masters".
Identifier: AC 175
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of historical documents and three original bound volumes pertaining to New Mexico businesses, 1850-1934. Historical documents (1850-1894) include military orders and forms of the occupying United States Army (1850-1883) and Henry Jenkins' handwritten and typescript account of his capture by Confederate forces in Mesilla on the Rio Grande (1863). Bound volumes (1911-1934) include: a ledger from the Las Vegas Coal Company (New Mexico), 1922; a daybook from the...
Identifier: AC 180-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a typescript and a translation of the report by Mexican commander Antonio Ponce de Leon on the Battle of Brazito during the Mexican War.
Identifier: AC 455
Scope and Content Collection pertains largely to the excavation of Confederate soldiers in 1987. Collection also pertains exhibition material, as well as genealogical information for those who served in the New Mexico campaign.
Dates: 1862-1995; Majority of material found in 1987-1991
Identifier: AC 015
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning the Battle of Glorieta Pass, fought between Union and Confederate troops in northern New Mexico on March 28, 1862. This battle was the deciding Civil War conflict in New Mexico. Most of the collection relates to the 1987 discovery of a mass grave containing the remains of 31 Confederate soldiers of the 4th, 5th, and 7th Texas Mounted Volunteers from the Battle of Glorieta Pass. Includes photocopies of newspaper clippings on the discovery and the...
Identifier: AC 347-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of a newspaper article describing the battle at Mesilla, AZ. On the back of the article is a hand written note from a person who was in Mesilla at the time. He writes to his sister, Mrs. J. A. Roundy, in Shelby, Colorado. Included is another handwritten note to his sister.
Identifier: AC 024-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of broadsides, handbills, programs, and other ephemera, most of which involve New Mexican politics.
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Identifier: AC 289
Scope and Content This collection consists of Carrie Arnold's original manuscripts and illustrative art work on the history of the Palace of the Governors in Santa Fe, New Mexico, copies of the published materials she used in her research including Palace records from Archivo General de Indios, B.M. Read's Illustrated History of New Mexico and Sidelights of New Mexican History, and J.K. Shiskin's Unquiet...
Identifier: AC 446
Scope and Content The books appear to have been created by J. L. Dow, Deputy U. S. Marshal. The two small bound red books list ear marks, cattle brands, the name and the ranch to which they belong. The post office in which the ranch resided is also listed. The first page of each book lists abbreviations used in the brands. Some entries are in read and they describe number of cattle sold and to which ranch and whether or not they were rebranded.
Dates: 1894-1894; 1894
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Identifier: AC 192-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of typescript excerpts from a journal kept by Robb from August to October 1862, as he and other prisoners of war were escorted from Santa Fe to Texas. Includes a list of other Confederate soldiers at the hospital in Santa Fe. Photocopy.
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Identifier: AC 023-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of two letters, dated February 28 and April 25, 1862, written by E.R. Boles to his parents. The letters give details of the battles of Valverde and Glorieta Pass, and some information on Ft. Craig, New Mexico. Typescripts of the letters are also included.
Identifier: AC 089
Scope and Content Collection consists of W.H. Moore's ledger, as the manager of the sutler's store at Fort Union, New Mexico, 1863-1865. Ledger contains personal accounts of various soldiers and private citizens.
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Identifier: AC 036
Scope and Content The collection includes Cassidy's correspondence, manuscripts, and newspaper clippings dealing with Pueblo Indians. Also included are copies of correspondence by Richard Kern, who was an artist on the Fremont Expedition of 1848-49.
Dates: 1921-1961; 1848-49; 1912; 1935-1939
Identifier: AC 008-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of one photocopy of a letter from Austin to his brother telling of his experiences as a soldier camped at Abiquiu, New Mexico, in 1846.
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 15
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 13
- New Mexico -- History 10
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 10
- New Mexico -- History, Military 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 7
- Clippings 6
- Diaries 6
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 6
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 6
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 5
- Manuscripts 5
- Reports 5
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Broadsides 3
- Certificates 3
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 3
- Letters 3
- Map 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 3
- Publications 3
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 3
- Arizona--Description and travel 2
- Articles 2
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 2
- Correspondence 2
- Ephemera 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 2
- Newspapers 2
- Oral histories 2
- Outlaws -- New Mexico 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - History 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons 2
- Visitors' books 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- History 1
- Addresses 1
- Aged--New Mexico. 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Apache Indians -- Wars -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Architecture - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Arizona -- Tours 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--History 1
- Arizona--History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Automobile travel -- Arizona 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico 1
- Awards 1
- Battlefields -- New Mexico 1
- Beef Cattle-New Mexico 1
- Booksellers and bookselling -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Brazito (N.M.), Battle of, 1846 1
- Breast -- Cancer 1
- Brochures 1
- Burial--Social aspects--United States--History--19th century. 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Cattle Brands-New Mexico-History 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Child development - United States- History 1
- Children - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 1
- Conveyances 1
- Cookery, American -- New Mexico 1
- Cookery, American -- Southwest 1
- Crime - United States - 19th Century 1
- Deeds 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Essays 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Ethnology - Southwest, New 1
- Excavations (Archeology) - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Family histories 1
- Financial records 1
- Folklore 1
- Folklore -- New Mexico 1
- Fort Craig (N.M.) 1
- Fort Fauntleroy (Colo.) 1
- Fort Fillmore (N.M.) 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- English 48
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- German 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 5
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Frazer, Robert Walter, 1911-2003 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less