Showing Collections: 26 - 50 of 63
Identifier: AC 525
Scope and Content Collection contains James P. McNulty's (1849-1933) membership cards to various fraternal orders and materials pertaining to Fannie McNultry McCraw. This collection contains the 1894 Valedictory address of Fannie McNulty, in rhyme, handwritten for graduation from Loretto Academy (Academy of Our Lady of Light); a hand-drawn cartoon thank-you note for Fannie McCraw from a former student, David, from 1938; and a book for Fannie and John McCraw upon their marriage in 1907, "Married Life: A Blessing...
Identifier: AC 454
Scope and Content This collection consists of Series 1: Exhibition Research (curator’s notes, biographies, family trees and photocopied images) and Series II: Exhibition Materials (exhibition book, educational matter and traveling information) related to Jewish Pioneers of New Mexico, 1821–1917.
Dates: 1998-2005; Majority of material found in 2000-2002
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Identifier: AC 185
Scope and Content Collection consists of the private papers of L. Bradford Prince, 1862-1910.
Identifier: AC 400
Abstract The collection consists of primarily fiscal, operational, and other bookstore related business files accumulated over fifty years of gallery and bookstore operations.
Identifier: AC 020
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of photostats and photocopies of a broad range of historical documents, reports, and publications from the Archivo General de Indias in Seville, Spain, and Biblioteca Nacional in Mexico City, and the Bibloteca Archignasio Mezzofanti-Manoscritti in Bologna, Italy. Bloom's correspondence regarding the acquisition of these materials are included. The collection contains approx. 1100 index cards with entries of FRanciscan missionaries to New Mexico from pre-1691 to...
Identifier: AC 338
Scope and Content Collection consists the organizational papers of Living Treasures, Inc., including correspondence, clipping and research files, transcripts, audio tapes, and a few video recordings of interviews, honoring citizens of Santa Fe and other towns in northern New Mexico as Living Treasures for their hard work and dedication to our communities. Since March 2003 (beginning with #190), interviews have been recorded on CDs.
Identifier: AC 080
Scope and Content Collection consists of a variety of materials concerning Farnsworth's military activities, especially the Punitive Expedition against Villa in 1916. Includes three folders of letters sent by Farnsworth to his wife; a series of correspondence between Farnsworth and General John Pershing; three typed copies of the report of operations from the Punitive Expedition; and the diary kept by Farnsworth during his service in northern Mexico, El Paso, Texas, and Columbus, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 039
Scope and Content The Manuel Antonio Chaves papers contain correspondence and transcriptions concerning Manuel Antonio Chaves' ancestry and military career. Much of the correspondence is written by his son, Amado Chaves. Marc Simmons assembled the addenda to the Manuel Antonio Chaves Collection. The file contains copies of documentation of Manuel Antonio Chaves' military career between 1861 and 1863.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Identifier: AC 385
Scope and Content The collection contains essays by Marinell Ash, correspondence, family trust papers, and her research papers on Scotland and New Mexico. Included are BBC scripts and publications of the programs. There are also genealogies, family photos, and newsclippings about family members. Her grandfather was Alvin C. Ash (1871-1946) who was a United States Custom Official and a Rough Rider with Theodore Roosevelt. Some of his letters, biographical material, and newsclippings are also in the collection.
Identifier: AC 390
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Cable's books and essays, correspondence, and research materials associated with her publications.
Identifier: AC 626
Scope and Content Collection contains research material related to two books: Loretto: The Sisters and Their Chapel and Dona Tules: Santa Fe's Courtesan and Gambler.
Identifier: AC 512-p
Scope and Content Collection contains pamphlets of various masonic organizations in Santa Fe and Las Vegas, NM.
Identifier: AC 318-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of six New Mexico documents from the Mexican period: circular from the Secretary of State signed by Jose Pablo Gallegos; roster of persons elected to the General National Congress signed by Juan Bautista Vigil; letter of reprimand signed by Jose Gonzalez; letter signed by Jose Gonzales (Revolutionary Governor); letter from Jose Miguel Sanchez to New New Mexico Governor, Donaciano Vigil; a decree from the President of the United States of America to Mexico with provisions of...
Identifier: AC 165-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of documents concerning government and military activities in New Mexico. Includes an 1861 order issued by Adjutant General Charles P. Clever for the formation of a New Mexico Militia; an 1881 report issued by the territorial government on the economic and geographic features of Socorro County; and a 1911 certificate of election for William C. MacDonald as Governor of the Territory of New Mexico. The collection contains one photocopy of an 1848 proclamation...
Identifier: AC 276-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a visitors log for Old Pigeon's Ranch near Glorieta, NM, along with description of the ranch and its location. Collection also contains a brief description of nearby Glorieta battlefield.
Identifier: AC 419
Scope and Content Collection contains 56 historical newspapers with identified articles and comments on New Mexico and its contemporary political, economic, and cultural situations. Most of the newspapers are from New York and Pennsylvania.
Identifier: AC 350-s
Scope and Content Collection consists of one volume containing copies of documents found among the Pancho Villa troops killed at Columbus, New Mexico, 1916 and relate to various activities of Villa in northern Mexico. The orginal documents are filed at the National Archives. The documents were bound as a presentation volume that Governor Bruce King of New Mexico presented to The Honorable Oscar Ornellas, Governor of the State of Chihuahua, Mexico. Included (in English) is an introduction that details the history...
Identifier: AC 439
Scope and Content This collection consists of the research material of historian and author Philip J. Rasch. It includes his many articles about New Mexican and southwestern gunslingers, lawmen, and outlaws. These articles were published in the English Westerners' Brand Book, Denver Westerners Monthly Roundup, Westerners New York Posse Brand Book, and the National Association and Center for Outlaw and Lawman...
Dates: Placeholder Unit Date Text; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 566-p
Scope and Content Collection contains the correspondence of Richard (Bob) J. Cheska of Albuquerque pertaining to his political activities in 1924 for the La Follette-Wheeler National Progressive Committee and Robert La Follette's run for U.S. President. Also included are letters of introduction of Bob Cheska in support of the Democratic Party by New Mexico state, county, and local officals during the 1936 presidential election.
Dates: 1924; 1936
Identifier: AC 226
Scope and Content The Ralph Emerson Twitchell Collection's first part consists of the papers of Ralph Emerson Twitchell (11-29-1859 to 10-26-1925), the attorney, public office holder and historian; Margaret Olivia Collins Twitchell (born circa 1868 to 1-29-1900), the first Mrs. Twitchell; Estelle Bennett Burton Twitchell (1-31-1872 to 10-13-1952), the second Mrs. Twitchell; and Waldo Collins Twitchell, the son of Margaret and Ralph who became an engineer and a writer. The second part of the Ralph...
Identifier: AC 144
Scope and Content Collection consists of Raymond McCoy's research materials and copies of his article on Fort Fillmore, New Mexico, 1861-1961. Fort Fillmore, in the Mesilla area of New Mexico, was captured by the Confederates in 1861. Research materials include: correspondence with scholars and repositories; copies of documents from other repositories concerning Fort Fillmore and its commanding officer Major Issac Lynde; typescript excerpts from various published sources about the Civil War in New Mexico; and...
Identifier: AC 601
Scope and Content Collection contains material related to his political activities, and personal correspondence with his children. There is a small amount of school-related material from his daughter, Florence, who was a teacher.
Dates: 1906-1970; Majority of material found in 1920s-1940s
Identifier: AC 399
Scope and Content The collection consists of personal papers (financial, family letters, retirement papers, health papers) and research material used by Robert Frazer for his publications, including transcribed copies of letters received by the U.S. Army Dept. in New Mexico (1850s - 1860s) and information on military history and forts in New Mexico and its economic impact.
Identifier: AC 205
Scope and Content These books (Part I and Part II) contain Courier Instructional bulletins issued by The Santa Fe Transportation Company from the years 1927-1930. These instructions contain a diverse amount of information ranging from Indian legends, geographical, cultural and historical to administrative duties of couriers regarding schedules, routes, fares, ect. Some of the Bulletins deal only with specific subjects while others contain a variety of subjects, but often related to a specific tour or subject...
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 14
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 13
- New Mexico -- History 10
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 9
- Diaries 7
- Manuscripts 7
- New Mexico -- History, Military 7
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 5
- Clippings 5
- Correspondence 5
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 5
- Publications 5
- Reports 5
- Letters 4
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Certificates 3
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 3
- Map 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 2
- Arizona--Description and travel 2
- Articles 2
- Broadsides 2
- Financial records 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century 2
- Oral histories 2
- Outlaws -- New Mexico 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - History 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 2
- Translations 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons 2
- Visitors' books 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- History 1
- Account books 1
- Addresses 1
- Aged--New Mexico. 1
- Alvarez, Manuel 1794-1856 1
- Antiquarian booksellers -- New Mexico 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Apache Indians -- Wars -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico 1
- Architecture - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Arizona -- Tours 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--History 1
- Arizona--History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Automobile travel -- Arizona 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico 1
- Awards 1
- Battlefields -- New Mexico 1
- Booksellers and bookselling -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Brazito (N.M.), Battle of, 1846 1
- Breast -- Cancer 1
- Brochures 1
- Brown, Edmund Gerald 1905-1996 1
- California -- Municipal Court (Los Angeles Judicial District) 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedral Church of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Chapel of Our Lady of Light (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Child development -- United States -- History 1
- Children - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 1
- Cookery, American -- New Mexico 1
- Cookery, American -- Southwest 1
- Crime - United States - 19th Century 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Elections -- New Mexico -- History. 1
- Ephemera 1
- Essays 1
- Ethnology - Southwest, New 1
- Ethnology --Andes Region 1
- Ethnology --Southwest, New 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 1
- Excavations (Archeology) - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Family histories 1
- Folklore 1
- Folklore -- New Mexico 1
- Fort Craig (N.M.) 1
- Fort Craig (N.M.) -- History 1
- Fort Fauntleroy (Colo.) 1
- Fort Fillmore (N.M.) 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 48
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 4
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 2
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 2
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Frazer, Robert Walter, 1911-2003 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- St. Vincent Hospital (Sante Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less