Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
Dates: 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
Identifier: AC 184
Scope and Content Two scrapbooks consisting primarily of undated newspaper clippings covering many topics, including New Mexico politics, Republican Party activities, poetry, family activities, and speeches given by Prichard. There are also several handwritten notes, and some of the newspaper clippings concern the removal of Prichard as U.S. Attorney in Las Vegas.
Identifier: AC 400
Abstract The collection consists of primarily fiscal, operational, and other bookstore related business files accumulated over fifty years of gallery and bookstore operations.
Identifier: AC 621
Scope and Content This collection consists of Armijo family records and photographs and focuses on the many letters Leo Armijo wrote to his grandchildren, Patricia and David Palafox, sharing many personal family experiences as well as memories of the times in which he lived. Many of the stories relate to Las Vegas, NM history.
Identifier: AC 372
Scope and Content This collection contains bulletins, catalogs, announcements, and newsclippings from the Montezuma Baptist College, as well as correspondence, grade reports, and miscellaneous memorabilia of Mary E. Sever, a member of the class of 1926.
Identifier: AC 465-p
Scope and Content This Volume 1 of the Rosebud Monthly was published by 7th grade students of the Las Vegas, New Mexico, Public Schools on November 30, 1899. Editor-in-Chief was Waldo C. Twitchell and assistant editors were Grace Roseberry and Earl Norton. Every 7th grader was enouraged to submit something, "no matter what" to the monthly magazine even if it was only "one sentence," with a promise that it was being published.
Identifier: AC 225
Scope and Content The collection consists of correspondence and related materials of Royal A. Prentice dating from the 1930s. These literary materials consist of Prentice's correspondence relative to his avid hobby of Southwestern archaeology; which included a very close association with the Museum of New Mexico's Laboratory of Anthropology.
- Lawyers--New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- African Americans 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Baptist universities and colleges -- Las Vegas (N.M.) 1
- Booksellers and bookselling -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- By-laws 1
- Cadillac automobiles 1
- Clippings 1
- Constitutions 1
- Cookery, American -- New Mexico 1
- Cookery, American -- Southwest 1
- Diaries 1
- Edudation, higher - New Mexico 1
- Historic Preservation -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Land grants--New Mexico 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Las Vegas Democrat (Las Vegas, N.M.) 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 1
- Legislators--United States 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- History 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 1
- Notarial documents 1
- Notaries--New Mexico--Las Vegas 1
- Politicians--New Mexico 1
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Programs 1
- Prohibition -- New Mexico 1
- Public Schools -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Recipes -- New Mexico 1
- Religious institutions - New Mexico - Las Vegas 1
- Republican Party (New Mexico) 1
- Rosters 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Campaigns -- Cuba 1
- Student publications--New Mexico 1
- Women--suffrage 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 6
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1