Showing Collections: 1 - 22 of 22
Identifier: AC 507
Scope and Content Collection consists of documents and materials related to the mission and business of the Agua Fria Village Association. There are minutes, correspondence, city and county plans, materials on developments that impact the Agua Fria area, and documents pertaining to the creation of the Agua Fria Traditional Village and the association. Photographs and videos have been transferred to the Photo Archives.
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Identifier: AC 556-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of business letters to Browne & Manzanares regarding wool and wool products. Four (4) letters from Thomas F. Keleher, September 1884; Two (2) letters from Lopez & Romero, March and September 1884; Three (e) letters from Edward Mellor & Co., February and June 1884; Two (2) letters from Walsen & Levy, December 1882 and March 1883; One (1) letter from Orcutt & Son, January 1882; One (1) letter from R. Lowenstein & Co., January 1883; One (1) letter from...
Dates: 1882-1888; Majority of material found within 1884
Identifier: AC 554-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a handwritten letter written on a National Mail and Transportation Company letterhead in 1879 from D. L. Miller in Santa Fe to his friend L. D. Fenn in La Veta, Colorado. The letter talks about business, ranching, and mining interests, including references to a mine in Carbonateville, New Mexico, 24 miles south of Santa Fe and the Monarch Mine, both of which were in the Cerrillos Mining District
Identifier: AC 562-p
Scope and Content Letters and newspaper clippings about the life and times of Daniel H. McMillan.
Identifier: AC 574
Scope and Content Collection contains material associated with a 1976 trail ride commemorating the original 1776 Dominguez y Escalante Expedition trail through New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona. This material documents the preliminaries and life on the trail through diaries, journals, and newspapers.
Identifier: AC 557-p
Scope and Content Two letters from E. G. Raffety concerning passenger service on the Southern Pacific Lines and oil drilling near Oscuro, NM Letter requesting continuing passenger service for Oscuro, NM from the El Paso Passenger Agent, 1926 Letter requesting assistance in securing oil drilling leases near Oscuro, NM, 1930
Dates: 1926; 1930
Identifier: AC 568-p
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence of Edna McClellan of New York City to collect money through chain letters to build a home in Washington D. C. for Admiral Winfield Scott Schley, commander of the USS Brooklyn and the “Hero of Santiago” of the Spanish-American War. Collection also contains correspondence between the Admiral and McClellan, legal documents concerning Schley, and a number of newspaper clippings about McClellan and the “Endless Chain” letters. Also part of the collection are...
Dates: 1867-1918; Majority of material found in 1900-1903
Identifier: AC 537-p
Scope and Content Collection contains family letters from Lima, Ohio, to Edward L. Robb (Confederate)who was stationed during the Civil War in various places in Texas and in Santa Fe, New Mexico. [Information pertains to affairs in Ohio, nothing about Santa Fe, New Mexico].
Dates: 1860-1874; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 343-p
Scope and Content This collection consists of miscellaneous papers: typed and handwritten letters, one typed poem, and two articles about Rhodes.
Identifier: AC 546-p
Scope and Content Handwritten and signed letter from George Washington to James Mercer concerning a land purchase. Letter was written at Mount Vernon on August 25, 1784
Dates: August 25, 1784
Identifier: AC 547
Scope and Content The collection contains three sets of materials: five censored letters written by Tetsuji Hanzawa to his mother Shin and his sister-in-law Koto in Hawaii from the Santa Fe Detention Station between 1944 and 1945; letters and cards written by Taichiro Hanzawa to his wife Koto, his mother Shin and his daughter Mrs. E. Omuro in Hawaii from the Lordsburg and Santa Fe, NM Detention Camps between October, 1942 and September, 1945. Additional materials include a copy of Taichiro Hanzawa's Application...
Identifier: AC 548-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of one letter from Shodo Kanamura to Tokuichi Niimi (Arizona), 1944 (with translation) and Postcard from Miyazawa Yasutaro to Marian White, (Washington), no date. Postcard is in English; writer is an American of Japanese descent, who was at the detention station in Santa Fe, New Mexico during World War II.
Identifier: AC 508
Scope and Content The collection contains personal and political correspondence, historical research notes, essays, religious and political ephemera, embroidery stencil sketches and samples. Collection also contains materials of her children and other family members.
Dates: 1853-1960; Majority of material found in 1910-1960
Identifier: AC 539
Scope and Content Olivia Tsosie's papers encompass family history, correspondence, personal writings, college notes and research, and materials on politics and community activism. They also contains records and materials for Onate Spanish Barb, Ltd. and the Spanish Barb Breeding Association. The collection reflects Tsosie's interests in a variety of subjects: horses, travel, and world affairs. Photographs were transferred to the Photo Archives.
Identifier: AC 570
Scope and Content Collection of personal documents and papers, memorabilia, business and family correspondence, graphic illustrations, and photos of art work of Peter Georg Aschwanden over the course of his lifetime from 1942-2005.
Identifier: AC 439
Scope and Content This collection consists of the research material of historian and author Philip J. Rasch. It includes his many articles about New Mexican and southwestern gunslingers, lawmen, and outlaws. These articles were published in the English Westerners' Brand Book, Denver Westerners Monthly Roundup, Westerners New York Posse Brand Book, and the National Association and Center for Outlaw and Lawman...
Dates: Placeholder Unit Date Text; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 566-p
Scope and Content Collection contains the correspondence of Richard (Bob) J. Cheska of Albuquerque pertaining to his political activities in 1924 for the La Follette-Wheeler National Progressive Committee and Robert La Follette's run for U.S. President. Also included are letters of introduction of Bob Cheska in support of the Democratic Party by New Mexico state, county, and local officals during the 1936 presidential election.
Dates: 1924; 1936
Identifier: AC 543
Scope and Content Collection contains historical information about the town of Cimarron, N.M., the Don Diego/St. James Hotel in Cimarron, and Rev. Thomas J. Tolby. Also included is a copy of 1879 Maxwell Land Grant Company.
Identifier: AC 569
Scope and Content Collection consists of Stephen B. and Mary Davis's personal correspondence with Herbert Hoover and his wife (Lou Henry), and other friends and officials, plus family members. Also included are invitations and menus for White House dinners and other Washington D.C. events.
Identifier: AC 549-p
Scope and Content Collection of sports programs, menus, newspapers, an autograph page, and other items saved by Eric H. Lundgren who served aboard the USS New Mexico (BB-40) from 1933 to 1937: holiday menus, 1935-1936; football and wrestling programs, 1935-1936; photo of Eric Lundgren (no date); letter postmarked USS New Mexico, 1940; page from Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 11, 1937; shipboard newspaper Republication, 1937.
Identifier: AC 542
Scope and Content Assembled by August Francis Schilling, a crew member on the cruiser, the collection contains ephemeral material related to the USS Santa Fe. Collection also includes a miscellaneous folder of USS Santa Fe (SSN-763), a nuclear submarine.
- Correspondence 21
- Ephemera 5
- Photographs 5
- Clippings 4
- Agua Fria (N.M.) 2
- Diaries 2
- Menus 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 2
- Administrative records 1
- American literature - West (U.S.) 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- Authors - New Mexico 1
- Authors, American - West (U.S.) - Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Battleships--New Mexico 1
- Brochures 1
- Carbonateville (N.M.) -- History 1
- Certificates 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) 1
- Commercial art--New Mexico 1
- Community Activists--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Community activists--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Constitutional courts -- New Mexico 1
- Embroidery -- New Mexico 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Genealogy 1
- Graphic artists--New Mexico 1
- Graphic arts 1
- Hispanic American decorative arts -- New Mexico 1
- Historic Preservation 1
- Horses--Breeding--New Mexico 1
- Invitations 1
- Judges -- New Mexico 1
- Land Use--New Mexico--Santa Fe County 1
- Land Use-New Mexico--Agua Fria 1
- Legal documents 1
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Linguistics 1
- Los Cerrillos (N.M.) -- History 1
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe County 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 1
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 1
- Newspapers 1
- Non-profit organizations--New Mexico--Agua Fria 1
- Nuclear submarines 1
- Ohio -- History 1
- Outlaws -- New Mexico 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Pennsylvania -- Description and travel 1
- Personal papers 1
- Poems 1
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Political campaigns -- United States -- History 1
- Politics - New Mexico 1
- Postcards 1
- Posters 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Presidents -- United States -- History 1
- Programs 1
- Progressivism (United States politics) 1
- Publishers and publishing--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Railroads -- New Mexico 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 1
- Rio Oscuro (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Fe County (N.M.) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- Southwest, New -- History 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- Trails -- Southwest, New. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States--History, Naval--20th century 1
- Volkswagen automobiles--Maintenance and Repair--Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1
- Wool industry -- New Mexico 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Censorship 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- New Mexico -- Lordsburg 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japanese Americans 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Pacific Ocean 1 ∧ less
- English 19
- Undetermined 4
- jap 1
- Aschwanden, Peter Georg, 1942-2005 1
- Asplund, Julia B. (Julia Brown), 1875-1958 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1