Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: AC 087
Scope and Content This collection consists of records from the School of American Archaeology in Santa Fe. Includes minutes, announcements, pamphlets, clippings, reports, official correspondence, and financial documents. Much of the correspondence involves officials at the School of American Archaeology and its parent institution the Archaeological Institute of America, including Edgar Hewett, Charles Lummis, Francis Kelsey, and Charles Bowditch, as well as scholars such as Jesse Fewkes.
Identifier: AC 138
Scope and Content Summary: Collection consists of Lummis's journals and correspondence, as well as articles by Lummis and clippings on Pueblo Indian topics. The journals consist of typed carbon copies of very detailed entries from 1917 to 1920. The correspondence is from 1891 to 1912 and consists primarily of carbon copies of typed letters sent by Lummis to various individuals, including his daughter Turbese and son Keith, as well as Eugene Manlove Rhodes, John Muir, Ernest T. Seton, and Frank Springer. On the...
Identifier: AC 283
Scope and Content This collection contains copies of correspondence with Charles F. Lummis, Ernest Thompson Seton, and others; correspondence and newspaper clipping about the New Mexico State Garden Club, the Daughters of the American Revolution (D.A. R.) in New Mexico, the Folklore Society and fiestas sponsored by them; correspondence with Witter Bynner, Seymour I. Hess and Cassidy about changes to the Acequia Madre in Santa Fe. Also included in the collection are Spanish colonial furniture design drawings and...
Identifier: AC 114-S
Scope and Content One guest register of visitors to the J.F. Collins Co. Many of the signers, including Charles F. Lummis, wrote brief remarks.
Identifier: AC 185
Scope and Content Collection consists of the private papers of L. Bradford Prince, 1862-1910.
Identifier: AC 183-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of nine broadsides (Numbers 1-5, and 7-10) from the "Southwest series sponsored by Powell in the 1950s for distribution to his friends and family. Each broadside was designed and printed by a notable printer such as Grant Dahlstrom or Carl Hertzog, and featured an excerpt from the work of a prominent Southwest author. The authors represented in the broadsides are Will Levington Comfort, Patricia Paylore, J. Frank Dobie (on three broadsides), Haniel Long, Mary Austin, Charles...
Identifier: AC 286
Scope and Content This collection consists of the Rito de los Frijoles Gazette in two volumes, Volume, 1, 10 July 1910 and Volume 2, 1911 and the Rito de los Frijoles Gazette, to 22 August 1911 Magazine Supplement. The volumes appear to be written by different authors who were present at the Rito de los Frijoles camp, during the 1910 and 1911 excavations at what is now Bandelier National Monument.In each volume, there are handwritten...
- Clippings 2
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest -- New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- United States 1
- Authors, American--Southwestern States 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) 1
- Broadsides 1
- Cliff Dwellings 1
- Diaries 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Fiestas 1
- Financial records 1
- Folk Festivals 1
- Frijoles Canyon (N.M.) 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- Superintendent of Public Instruction 1
- Non-profit organizations -- New Mexico 1
- Pajarito Plateau, New Mexico 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Public schools -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Pueblo Indians 1
- Reports 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Santa Fe, NM History 1
- Southwest, New 1
- Spanish Colonial Furniture styles 1
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Tax exemptions -- New Mexico 1
- Teachers -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Visitors' books 1
- Writers -- New Mexico 1
- Writers Santa Fe, NM 1
- Writers Women 1 ∧ less
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 2
- Fletcher, Alice C. (Alice Cunningham), 1838-1923 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1