Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 31
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
Dates: 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 024-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of broadsides, handbills, programs, and other ephemera, most of which involve New Mexican politics.
Identifier: AC 033-P
Scope and Content One 1890 catalog for blank record-keeping books from J.A. Carruth, a printer in Las Vegas, New Mexico. In addition to describing Carruth's goods, the catalog also contains the results of various elections in New Mexico. Includes results from the 1884, 1886, and 1888 elections for congressional delegate by county; and the 1888 election of county officials. A listing of New Mexico's territorial and county officials for 1889 is also in the catalog.
Identifier: AC 562-p
Scope and Content Letters and newspaper clippings about the life and times of Daniel H. McMillan.
Identifier: AC 167
Scope and Content Correspondence and letters to and from the governor's office during the year 1952. He served as governor during the years 1951-1954.
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 184
Scope and Content Two scrapbooks consisting primarily of undated newspaper clippings covering many topics, including New Mexico politics, Republican Party activities, poetry, family activities, and speeches given by Prichard. There are also several handwritten notes, and some of the newspaper clippings concern the removal of Prichard as U.S. Attorney in Las Vegas.
Identifier: AC 064-S
Scope and Content Collection consist of the scrapbook of Harry H. Dorman, 1907-1912. The bulk of the clippings are from the New Mexican and the Eagle, a weekly publication for all of Santa Fe County. Subjects discussed are: politics, statehood, official appointments, tourism, development, Elephant Butte Dam, the Phelps-Dodge company indictment for land fraud, Judge Robert W. Archibald's impeachment from the United States Court of Commerce, and...
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Identifier: AC 060-S
Scope and Content These scrapbooks of clippings, primarily from New Mexican newspapers, cover the years of John Joseph Dempsey's political career from his first campaign for the U.S. Senate (1940) and his appointment as Under-Secretary of the Interior that same year, through his two terms as Governor of New Mexico (1942-1946). In all, there are 14 scrapbooks with a folder containing a few clippings from 1948. The first scrapbook (1940-1941) consists of clippings concerned only with his Senatorial...
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
Identifier: AC 041-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of David Chavez Jr., 1890-1960. Included are: political correspondence, 1926-1955; land records for land in Santa Fe, New Mexico owned by Benjamin M. Read and his heirs, 1890-1931; and a copy of a final decree, heard in Santa Fe, New Mexico, concerning the ownership of a parcel of land on Cerrillos Road, 1960. Political correspondence pertains to various subjects including an allegation of bribery brought against Bronson M. Cutting. Land records for the Read...
Identifier: AC 185
Scope and Content Collection consists of the private papers of L. Bradford Prince, 1862-1910.
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Identifier: AC 318-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of six New Mexico documents from the Mexican period: circular from the Secretary of State signed by Jose Pablo Gallegos; roster of persons elected to the General National Congress signed by Juan Bautista Vigil; letter of reprimand signed by Jose Gonzalez; letter signed by Jose Gonzales (Revolutionary Governor); letter from Jose Miguel Sanchez to New New Mexico Governor, Donaciano Vigil; a decree from the President of the United States of America to Mexico with provisions of...
Identifier: AC 160
Scope and Content Collection consists of constitutional material pertaining to New Mexico's attempts to gain statehood.
Identifier: AC 165-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of documents concerning government and military activities in New Mexico. Includes an 1861 order issued by Adjutant General Charles P. Clever for the formation of a New Mexico Militia; an 1881 report issued by the territorial government on the economic and geographic features of Socorro County; and a 1911 certificate of election for William C. MacDonald as Governor of the Territory of New Mexico. The collection contains one photocopy of an 1848 proclamation...
Identifier: AC 290
Scope and Content Collection contains notes and memoranda concerning the legal, literary, and scientific activities of Frank Springer compiled by Ralph E. Twitchell. Most of the information consists of printed material, reprints of articles, newspaper clippings, and typewritten letters, etc., published elsewhere. Volume 1 contains the most extensive collection with a brief introduction by Twitchell. Volumes 2, 3, and 4 contain mostly replicates of material found in the first volume.
Identifier: AC 063
Scope and Content Collection consists of the correspondence and miscellaneous materials of Richard C. Dillon, 1927-1935. The bulk of the collection consists of Dillon's official correspondence as Governor of New Mexico, 1927-1930. Subjects discussed are appointments, Republican State politics and various other political issues. Some of these issues are: Bronson M. Cutting's re-election as U.S. Senator, 1934; the political influence of the Ku Klux Klan; David L. Geyer's proposed Homestead Law; W.C. Davidson's and...
Identifier: AC 229
Scope and Content Collection consists of typed English translations of selected documents from Series I and II of the Spanish Archives of New Mexico. Series I consists of land records, and Series II consists of government documents. For most of the documents, the W.P.A. translator is not identified.
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 16
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 11
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 9
- Clippings 7
- Governors -- New Mexico 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- Photographs 4
- Broadsides 3
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Addresses 2
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Certificates 2
- Conveyances 2
- Correspondence 2
- Deeds 2
- Diaries 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Ephemera 2
- Eulogies 2
- Family papers 2
- Genealogy 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 2
- Newspapers 2
- Reports 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Statehood (American politics) 2
- Wills 2
- Abstracts 1
- Administrative agencies -- United States 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico 1
- African Americans 1
- Airports -- Finance -- United States 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Architecture, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Art, Modern 1
- Articles 1
- Baptismal records 1
- Birth records 1
- Business cards 1
- Cadillac automobiles 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Constitutional courts -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutions 1
- Contact sheets 1
- Crinoidea, Fossil 1
- Decrees 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Elephant Butte Dam (N.M.) 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 1
- Extradition -- New Mexico 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Firestone, Harvey S., 1868-1938 1
- Fraud -- New Mexico 1
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Government records 1
- Grazing - New Mexico - Hitory 20th century 1
- Grenada -- Relations -- United States 1
- Grenada--History--American Invasion, 1983 1
- Grenada--History--Coup d'état, 1979 1
- Grenada--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of--controversy 1
- Guatemala -- Relations -- United States 1
- Guatemala--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Holloman Air Force Base (N.M.) -- History 1
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 1
- Invoices 1
- Judges--New Mexico 1
- Kit Carson Monument (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Mora County 1
- Land grants--New Mexico 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Mora County 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Las Vegas Democrat (Las Vegas, N.M.) 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Lawyers--New Mexico 1
- Legal documents 1
- Legislators -- United States 1 ∧ less
- English 26
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 3
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Museum of Fine Arts (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Otero, Miguel Antonio, 1859-1944 1
- Oñate, Juan de, 1549?-1624 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1 ∧ less