Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Adolph Bandelier Collection
Identifier: AC 012
Scope and Content The Bandelier collection consists of artifacts, documents, illustrations, maps, and photographs. For the most part all are in stable condition. The bulk of the collection came to the library upon the death of Mrs. Fanny Ritter Bandelier in accordance with the terms of her will. Other Bandelier memorabilia and artifacts were donated by various persons who were friends of the Bandeliers. Journals Of the document portion of the collection,...
Dates: August 28-December 15 -
Anne M. Smith Collection,
Identifier: AC 213
Scope and Content Collection contains records, interview transcripts, brochures, studies, and writings pertaining to public health and other aspects of Native American tribal lives.
Benjamin Morris Thomas Collection
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Charles F. Lummis Collection,
Identifier: AC 138
Scope and Content Summary: Collection consists of Lummis's journals and correspondence, as well as articles by Lummis and clippings on Pueblo Indian topics. The journals consist of typed carbon copies of very detailed entries from 1917 to 1920. The correspondence is from 1891 to 1912 and consists primarily of carbon copies of typed letters sent by Lummis to various individuals, including his daughter Turbese and son Keith, as well as Eugene Manlove Rhodes, John Muir, Ernest T. Seton, and Frank Springer. On the...
Charles H. Lange Collection
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Ina Sizer Cassidy Collection,
Identifier: AC 036
Scope and Content The collection includes Cassidy's correspondence, manuscripts, and newspaper clippings dealing with Pueblo Indians. Also included are copies of correspondence by Richard Kern, who was an artist on the Fremont Expedition of 1848-49.
Dates: 1921-1961; 1848-49; 1912; 1935-1939
Jemez Pueblo Grant,
Identifier: AC 334-s
Scope and Content Collection consists of the Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) land grant and plat map, signed by Abraham Lincoln.
Joseph Imhof Research Collection
Identifier: AC 579
Scope and Content Collection consists of extensive Joseph Imhof research materials collected by Nancy Reily, including correspondence, art work research, interviews, and articles. Also part of the collection is documentation of his paintings, lithographs, drawings and greeting cards.
Luther L. Lyon Collection,
Identifier: AC 141
Scope and Content This collection contains historical film and photographic research material of photographic and related matter depicting Native Americans at tribal dances and celebrations. Most of the collection consists of photocopied items from other repositories. The topical organization of the papers is Luther Lyan's creation.
New Mexico Guide Book Collection,
Identifier: AC 332
Scope and Content Collection consists of pamphlets which reflect the history of Santa Fe and other New Mexico towns as destination for tourists. Advertising aimed at tourists includes guidebooks, maps and brochures, as well as a small section of guidebooks about Arizona, Spain, and Latin America. The collection is open-ended.
Pueblo Indians Land Matters,
Identifier: AC 186-S
Scope and Content Collection consists of two scrapbooks of clippings, pamphlets, and letters, compiled by Ina Sizer Cassidy for the use of Friends of the Pueblo Indians, 1922-1924. Clippings are primarily from the Santa Fe New Mexican and relate to the Pueblo Indians' rights to land. Pamphlets include a legal brief printed by the American Indian Defense Association concerning "white claims" to Indian land, 1922. Assistant Indian Commissioner Edgar B. Merritt's address regarding Pueblo Indian land tenure is also...
Roy A. Keech manuscript
Identifier: AC 296-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of 3 typed manuscripts written by Roy A. Keech. "Pagans Praying," a 54pp. manuscript, is a collection of poems describing the ceremonies of the Pueblo people of New Mexico. Included are 2 other manuscripts entitled "More Pagans Praying" and "Painted Pagans Praying." These are poems reflecting the culture of other Native American tribes.
Ruth Kelsey Diel Papers,
Identifier: AC 172
Scope and Content Ruth Kelsey Diel Papers are arranged both topically and chronologically.
Santiago Naranjo Papers,
Identifier: AC 158
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Santiago Naranjo, 1906-1945.
- Pueblo Indians 5
- Clippings 4
- Diaries 4
- Manuscripts 4
- Scrapbooks 3
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- Publications 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Government relations 2
- Translations 2
- Account books 1
- Address books 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico 1
- Alcoholism -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1
- American poetry - New Mexico 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--Guidebooks 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Artists -- United States -- Biography 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American--Southwestern States 1
- Brochures 1
- Daybooks 1
- Ephemera 1
- Ethnology - Southwest, New 1
- Ethnology --Andes Region 1
- Ethnology --Southwest, New 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 1
- Governors -- New Mexico -- Isleta Pueblo 1
- Governors -- New Mexico -- Santa Clara Pueblo 1
- Indian agents -- New Mexico 1
- Indian reservations -- New Mexico -- Southern Apache Agency 1
- Indians of North America -- Music 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Health and hygiene 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- Indians of North America--Arizona--Rites and ceremonies--Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America--New Mexico--Rites and ceremonies--Pictorial works 1
- Interviews 1
- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Land grants - New Mexico 1
- Latin America -- Guidebooks 1
- Map 1
- Mexico --History--To 1810 1
- Mines and mineral resources --Peru 1
- New Mexico - Guidebooks 1
- New Mexico -- Commerce 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 1
- Painters - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Painters -- New Mexico 1
- Patricia Ruth Nichols collection 1
- Photographs 1
- Photography -- Arizona 1
- Photography--New Mexico 1
- Public health -- New Mexico 1
- Pueblo Indians - Land tenure - New Mexico 1
- Pueblo Indians - New Mexico - Rites and ceremonies 1
- Pueblo Indians - Poetry 1
- Pueblo Indians - Social life and customs 1
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 1
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Education 1
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Health and hygiene 1
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- Pueblo--Indians Rites and ceremonies--Pictorial works 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - Guidebooks 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Santa Fe Community Theater 1
- Sketches 1
- Spain - Description and travel 1
- Spain - Guidebooks 1
- Tourism -- New Mexico 1
- Ute Indians -- Government relations 1
- Writers -- New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 11
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 2
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 2
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- Friends of the Pueblo Indians 1
- Imhof, Joseph, 1871-1955 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1 ∧ less