Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: AC 622-p
Scope and Content Papers include black and white copies of three war memorial photographs, an invitation to Mr. Chavez for a 1948 reception honoring President Harry S. Truman from Puerto Rico's governor Pinero and copies of a poem written to commemorate the christening of the USS New Mexico (also called "Lucky Lady") by Chavez' daughter Caroline in 1942. Two letters from 1984 and 1985 were written to Caroline from Dr. A.E. Laurence, who served in World War II alongside Colonel Chavez, and which recount stories...
Identifier: AC 472
Scope and Content The bulk of the collection contains declassified documents, official orders, maps and internal memoranda about the Pacific theater during World War II and the battleship’s engagement against Japanese forces. Additional material contains de Haas’s on-ship memoranda, internal command memoranda, Japanese propaganda, a scrapbook, issues of the battleship newsletter The Queen’s Daily News, United States Navy (USN) publications on battle experiences and USN periodicals.
Identifier: AC 549-p
Scope and Content Collection of sports programs, menus, newspapers, an autograph page, and other items saved by Eric H. Lundgren who served aboard the USS New Mexico (BB-40) from 1933 to 1937: holiday menus, 1935-1936; football and wrestling programs, 1935-1936; photo of Eric Lundgren (no date); letter postmarked USS New Mexico, 1940; page from Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 11, 1937; shipboard newspaper Republication, 1937.
Identifier: AC 335-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of clippings and ephemeral material collected by Casimir Wancowicz while on board the USS New Mexico, including newspaper articles about the accomplishments of the USS New Mexico during World War II.
Identifier: AC 603
Scope and Content Collection consists of interviews of forty sailors who served on the USS New Mexico at various times. Interviews are recorded on CDs; no transcripts are available.
Dates: 2001 - 2009
Identifier: AC 397
Scope and Content The collection consists of correspondence, memoranda, reference material and conservation notes. Forty-eight shop drawings made by Tiffany and Company are included in the collection as is correspondence ralative to the loan of an item to Tiffany for an historical exhibition.
- Battleships--New Mexico 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Pacific Ocean 3
- Battleships -- New Mexico 2
- United States--History, Naval--20th century 2
- Battleships -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Clippings 1
- Correspondence 1
- Ephemera 1
- Interviews 1
- Letters 1
- Menus 1
- New Mexico (Battleship)--Periodicals 1
- Newspapers 1
- Photographs 1
- Programs 1
- Silverware - Drawings 1
- Silverwork -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century 1
- United States, Navy--Periodicals 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Japan 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Philippines 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 1