Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: AC 547
Scope and Content The collection contains three sets of materials: five censored letters written by Tetsuji Hanzawa to his mother Shin and his sister-in-law Koto in Hawaii from the Santa Fe Detention Station between 1944 and 1945; letters and cards written by Taichiro Hanzawa to his wife Koto, his mother Shin and his daughter Mrs. E. Omuro in Hawaii from the Lordsburg and Santa Fe, NM Detention Camps between October, 1942 and September, 1945. Additional materials include a copy of Taichiro Hanzawa's Application...
Identifier: AC 304
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials used in writing a thesis on the "Forced Acculturation" in Japanese American internment camps during World War II.
Identifier: AC 575
Scope and Content Collection contains copies of papers, documents, and memorandums concerning American Internment Camps for Japanese and Japanese Americans during World War II, with particular emphasis on the Santa Fe Camp which was administered by the U.S. Department of Justice. The material touches on all aspects of that program from the initial establishment of the camps and their administration and problems to their final days. Also included are the official reactions at the national, state and camp level,...
Dates: 1941-2010; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
- Names: United States. War Relocation Authority X
- Santa Fe Internment Camp (N.M.) 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- United States 2
- Correspondence 1
- Japanese Americans - Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 1
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 1
- Letters 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - History - 20th century 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Censorship 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- New Mexico -- Lordsburg 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japanese Americans 1 ∧ less
- English 2
- jap 1
- Undetermined 1