Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Identifier: AC 622-p
Scope and Content Papers include black and white copies of three war memorial photographs, an invitation to Mr. Chavez for a 1948 reception honoring President Harry S. Truman from Puerto Rico's governor Pinero and copies of a poem written to commemorate the christening of the USS New Mexico (also called "Lucky Lady") by Chavez' daughter Caroline in 1942. Two letters from 1984 and 1985 were written to Caroline from Dr. A.E. Laurence, who served in World War II alongside Colonel Chavez, and which recount stories...
Scope and Content Note The collection contains correspondence, photographs, news clippings, alumni lists, and various reports including annual and financial of the UNM NROTC/Department of Naval Science and AFROTC/Department of Aerospace Studies. There is also a scrapbook containing photographs of the battleship USS New Mexico, information on the Wardroom Society (a social organization of the NROTC), and NROTC publications including Desert Voyage, Drydock, Sunline and Mark. The V-12 Naval College Training...
Identifier: AC 472
Scope and Content The bulk of the collection contains declassified documents, official orders, maps and internal memoranda about the Pacific theater during World War II and the battleship’s engagement against Japanese forces. Additional material contains de Haas’s on-ship memoranda, internal command memoranda, Japanese propaganda, a scrapbook, issues of the battleship newsletter The Queen’s Daily News, United States Navy (USN) publications on battle experiences and USN periodicals.
Scope and Content These papers of Stanley Matthews primarily relate to his 30 year career in the U.S. Navy, 1910-1940. He served with the rank of Chief Water Tender on the U.S.S. New Mexico, 1922-26. The collection consists of 3 folders. Folder 1 contains correspondence to and from the U.S. Navy concerning Matthews' pay, change of address, and qualifications. The folder also contains a letter describing a shared naval experience in Mexico. Folder 2 consists of information relating to the USS New Mexico and...
Identifier: AC 430-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of one folder of ephemera, including newspaper articles, reunion letters, correspondence, and USS New Mexico history.
Identifier: AC 549-p
Scope and Content Collection of sports programs, menus, newspapers, an autograph page, and other items saved by Eric H. Lundgren who served aboard the USS New Mexico (BB-40) from 1933 to 1937: holiday menus, 1935-1936; football and wrestling programs, 1935-1936; photo of Eric Lundgren (no date); letter postmarked USS New Mexico, 1940; page from Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 11, 1937; shipboard newspaper Republication, 1937.
Identifier: AC 335-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of clippings and ephemeral material collected by Casimir Wancowicz while on board the USS New Mexico, including newspaper articles about the accomplishments of the USS New Mexico during World War II.
Identifier: AC 603
Scope and Content Collection consists of interviews of forty sailors who served on the USS New Mexico at various times. Interviews are recorded on CDs; no transcripts are available.
Dates: 2001 - 2009
Scope and Content Contains newsletters edited and produced onboard by the crew, memoranda, and assorted commemorative pamphlets.
Dates: 1919-1945; Majority of material found within 1935-1945
Abstract The collection consists of photographs and printed material relating to the USS New Mexico.
Dates: 1945, 1995; Majority of material found in 1945
Identifier: AC 397
Scope and Content The collection consists of correspondence, memoranda, reference material and conservation notes. Forty-eight shop drawings made by Tiffany and Company are included in the collection as is correspondence ralative to the loan of an item to Tiffany for an historical exhibition.
- Names: New Mexico (Battleship) X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 4
- Battleships--New Mexico 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Pacific Ocean 4
- Battleships -- New Mexico 3
- Photographs 3
- United States -- History, Naval -- 20th century 3
- United States--History, Naval--20th century 3
- Periodicals 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Philippines 2
- Battleships -- New Mexico--History 1
- Battleships -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Clippings 1
- Correspondence 1
- Desert voyage 1
- Drydock (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Ephemera 1
- Interviews 1
- Letters 1
- Mark (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Menus 1
- Naval art and science -- History -- 20th century 1
- Naval education -- New Mexico 1
- New Mexico (Battleship)--Periodicals 1
- Newsletters 1
- Newspapers 1
- Programs 1
- Queen’s Daily News 1
- Silverware - Drawings 1
- Silverwork -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Sunline 1
- United States, Navy--Periodicals 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Japan 1
- World War, 1939-1945--History 1 ∧ less
- English 10
- Undetermined 2
- University of New Mexico. Students 1