Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Identifier: AC 116
Scope and Content This collection is composed of Johnson's correspondence, but also includes: business papers, poetry, newspaper columns, and other documents pertaining to life in New Mexico. Johnson, a politician and newspaper man, was an ardent advocate of preservation of New Mexico's early civilization.
Scope and Content The papers of Ernest W. Tedlock relate mainly to his research and general interest in D.H. and Frieda Lawrence. Reference to works and projects concerning other literary figures such as Dylan Thomas and John Steinbeck are a minute portion of this collection but underscore Tedlock's interest in a particular literary period. The collection itself is divided into six series and reflects Tedlock's scholarly interest in the study of D.H. Lawrence. The first series is entirely composed of...
Identifier: AC 608 - P
Scope and Content The collection consists of letters, holiday cards and postcards to Farona Konopak, including from poets Witter Bynner and Haniel Long.
Dates: 1935 - 1969; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract The collection consists of manuscript materials, correspondence, newspaper clippings. Among the manuscript materials are typescript and holographic chapters from an unpublished manuscript on Spanish Colonial arts and typescript chapters from the books Indian Stories from the Pueblos and Native Tales of New Mexico.
Dates: 1886-2000 (bulk 1920-1934)
Identifier: AC 283
Scope and Content This collection contains copies of correspondence with Charles F. Lummis, Ernest Thompson Seton, and others; correspondence and newspaper clipping about the New Mexico State Garden Club, the Daughters of the American Revolution (D.A. R.) in New Mexico, the Folklore Society and fiestas sponsored by them; correspondence with Witter Bynner, Seymour I. Hess and Cassidy about changes to the Acequia Madre in Santa Fe. Also included in the collection are Spanish colonial furniture design drawings and...
Abstract Collection contains writer and author Joseph Foster's correspondence and manuscript drafts.
Dates: 1920s - 1980s
Identifier: AC 380
Scope and Content Collection contains personal and business papers, including correspondence, letters, financial statements, legal documents, and some photographs of Ralph Pearson and other people associated with him during his time in Taos, New Mexico. The major categories are correspondence and financial records of Margaret Hale/Ralph Pearson's business venture (in alphabetical order by businesses or individuals), correspondence of their business partner Joseph Foster, and personal letters between Margaret...
Scope and Content The T.M. Pearce collection consists of four series: I. Research and writings; II. New Mexico Folklore Society (NMFS) Records; III. Personal papers and correspondence; IV. Miscellaneous and oversized materials. The Research and Writings series reflects the wide range of interests that Pearce pursued. The manuscripts, drafts and notes, collected research materials, audio recordings and correspondence found here are divided into subseries by general subjects as follows: A. Southwest Literature; B....
Abstract This is a collection of materials, generated and gathered by Evelyn Jacobs Ortner. Much of the collection pertains to Ortner's research for her M.A. thesis, "'By Nature a Sociable Fellow' A Study of the Life and Literary Relationships of Witter Bynner" (Drew University, 1973) . The core of the collection consists of correspondence by, about, and to Witter Bynner.
Dates: 1949-1995 (bulk, 1953-1984)
Abstract Poet, author of more than twenty-five books, and resident of Santa Fe, New Mexico, for forty-six years. The collection contains correspondence, prose and poetry manuscripts such as The Way of Life According to Laotzu, miscellaneous printed and ephemeral items, and extensive photographs including portraits by Ansel Adams, all of which primarily document Bynner's work from 1943 to 1963.
Dates: 1847 - 1981
Scope and Content The Witter Bynner papers contain a poem, some notes, and one letter all written by Bynner. Each item was acquired separately by the University of New Mexico Library.
Abstract Twenty five prints from Witter Bynner's original negatives documenting his acquaintance with D. H. Lawrence and Freida Lawrence in New Mexico and Mexico.
- Names: Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 7
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 4
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- American fiction--Southwest, New 1
- Art, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, English 1
- Correspondence 1
- English language--Dialects--Southwest, New 1
- Feminism 1
- Fiestas 1
- Folk Festivals 1
- Folklore--New Mexico 1
- Freedom of the press -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic Americans--New Mexico--Folklore 1
- Hopi Indians--Folklore 1
- Hopi pottery 1
- Indian Stories from the Pueblos 1
- Indian art--Southwest, New 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Legends--New Mexico 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Native Tales of New Mexico 1
- Navajo Indians--Folklore 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Painting--New Mexico 1
- Paper making 1
- Personal Correspondence 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Photographic prints 1
- Poetry 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, American -- New Mexico. 1
- Pottery--20th century--United States 1
- Printing -- New Mexico 1
- Pueblo Indians--Folklore 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--History 1
- Santa Fe, NM History 1
- Spanish Colonial Furniture styles 1
- Women - suffrage 1
- Writers -- New Mexico 1
- Writers Santa Fe, NM 1
- Writers Women 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 3
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 3
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 2
- Foster, Joseph 2
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 2
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 2
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Johnson, E. Dana 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 1
- Pearce, T. M. (Thomas Matthews), 1902- 1 ∧ less