Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 74
Abstract Business, professional and personal papers of Abelicio Marquez Peña, New Mexico sheep rancher, politician, foreign diplomat, writer and alumnus of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (New Mexico State University).
Dates: 1894-2004; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers pertaining to the property known as Whitten Hall located on the corner of Guadalupe St. and Garfield St. in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes title abstracts (1869-1964), a clipping, and a photograph with Whitten Hall in the background.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Abstract The collection contains a typescript photocopy of "Sam's Story: The Autobiography of Austin A. Sam" which details the life of a Navajo Indian living in a "white environment." The collection also contains descriptive materials about the Houck Chapter of the Navajo reservation and material related to Sam's schooling and military service.
Dates: 1952-2010; Majority of material found in 1983-1992
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Abstract Papers, images and audio-visual material relating to New Mexico and its history, as well as the book in New Mexico.
Identifier: MSS -641-BC
Abstract This collection contains papers of Caroline Schmidt and her sister Margaret, covering their teaching careers and education in New Mexico. It also includes political campaign material from New Mexico elections in the 1940's.
Identifier: MSS -644-BC
Scope and Content This collection contains two main series: Personal and Professional Papers, and Printed Material. The Mattox papers center around the development of his sculpture and his various art shows. His involvement with the Department of Fine Arts at the University of New Mexico and with Albuquerque's Explora Museum, are also represented. Also included are newspaper and magazine clippings about Mattox and his work, as well as articles written by Mattox. An oversize box contains posters and large...
Dates: 1874-1994, (bulk 1949-1994)
Abstract Charles P. Loomis was a sociologist, university professor and author whose textbooks on rural sociology became standards in their field. He conducted sociological research in Tortugas, New Mexico in the late 1930s, while working for the United States Department of Agriculture, and at El Cerrito, New Mexico in 1940 and 1956. The collection comprises Loomis' research papers for the El Cerrito study, including diaries, correspondence, statistics and photographs, as well as some of Loomis'...
Abstract This collection contains records of the Construction Specifications Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico chapter. It documents activities relating to improving the process of creating and sustaining the built environment.
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 7
Abstract This collection comprises approximately 11,000 photographs, the majority of which are E.I. Couse's original contact prints produced throughout his lifetime as well as later reprints, picture postcards, and a small amount of pre- and post-1936 photographs of family members, friends, and locations in and around Taos.
Dates: ca. 1880s-1990s
Found in: Lunder Research Center
Abstract This collection is composed of Dalton C. Bergan's research notebooks, photocopied material and note cards on Lucien Bonaparte Maxwell and François Xavier Aubry. Bergan used some of this material to write a book on Aubry.
Identifier: AC 386-p
Scope and Content Collection contains one scrapbook documenting former students of the Melrose, New Mexico School (who were registered between August 31, 1931 and May 20, 1943). The scrapbook was created in 1993 for a class reunion on August 14, 1993. Included in the collection is a short biography and a photograph of Dolores Durnell with New Mexico State Senator Nancy Rodriguez during the 2nd session of the 45th New Mexico legislature, 2002, in which the Senate adopted a resolution honoring Dolores Durnell for...
Abstract The Dorothy Cline Papers contain personal and professional materials related to the life and research of Dorothy Cline. Cline was a professor of Political Science at the University of New Mexico and was actively involved in state and national politics. This collection is important for the study of women within electoral politics and the role of citizens within the public sphere.
Dates: 1915-1990 (bulk 1941-1987)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 105
Scope and Content Collection contains Edgar L. Hewett's personal and business papers and covers the years 1905 to 1947. The folders are mostly in chronological order until Hewett's death in 1946, although the letters are not strictly in order by date. Folders in the later boxes are in alphabetical order by subject matter, and sometimes these are in reverse chronological order. Undated and incomplete letters for any particular period are normally at the end of a folder. Correspondence is arranged...
Abstract This collection contains papers related to Edith Cherry and her firm, Cherry See Architects' historic preservation work in New Mexico, resources for and from courses in historic preservation, and materials related to Cultural Porperties Review Committee matters. The collection includes correspondence, historic preservation research papers, and preservation plans for buildings and districts.
Abstract This collection contains photographs and slides documenting the renovation and resulting archaeology of the Santuario de Guadalupe, an historic Catholic church in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Abstract The World's Fair collection consists of news clippings, magazine articles, souvenir booklets, pamphlets, maps, promotional literature, and memorabilia from various world's fairs and other international exhibitions.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as...
Dates: 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
Abstract The Francisco E. Martínez Papers chronicle the 1980s legal proceedings and defense committee activity of Chicano activist attorney "Kiko" Martínez, accused of mailing letter bombs in Denver, Colorado in 1973. The papers also concern Martínez' activist and legal work from the mid-1960s to the mid-1990s in areas as diverse as the Chicano Movement in Colorado; prisoner's rights and civil rights in the U.S., Latin America, and around the world; land issues in Colorado's San Luis Valley; and the...
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Scope and Content Collection consists of documents concerning Parker's legal career and a folder of materials relating to Billy the Kid (William Bonney). Includes various certificates and appointments to the positions held by Parker; his attorney's docket book; and photographs of Parker with other prominent New Mexicans, including a group photo with John R. McFie, L. Bradford Prince, Miguel A. Otero, Thomas B. Catron, and others. The folder of Billy the Kid materials consists of photocopies of four...
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 28
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 20
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 18
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 4
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Lunder Research Center 1
- New Mexico Museum of Art 1
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1 ∧ less
- Photographs 60
- Clippings 17
- Black-and-white photographs 10
- Scrapbooks 9
- Letters 8
- Family papers 7
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Minutes (Records) 6
- Reports 6
- Annual reports 5
- Map 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 5
- Publications 5
- Diaries 4
- Financial records 4
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 3
- Contracts 3
- Deeds 3
- Drawing 3
- Estate records 3
- Genealogy 3
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 3
- Mural painting and decoration 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- Newspapers 3
- Obituaries 3
- State government records 3
- Account books 2
- Addresses 2
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 2
- Architects -- New Mexico 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico 2
- Artists -- New Mexico 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 2
- Certificates 2
- Conveyances 2
- Correspondence 2
- Ephemera 2
- Eulogies 2
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico 2
- Invoices 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- Moving images 2
- Negatives (Photographs) 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Tax records 2
- Territorial records 2
- Wills 2
- Women in politics -- New Mexico 2
- World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 2
- Yearbooks 2
- Abstracts 1
- Abstracts of title --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Adobe houses -- Design and construction 1
- Adobe houses—New Mexico 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Agriculture -- Mexico -- Oaxaca Valley 1
- Alabados 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Arbor Day 1
- Archaeology -- California 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico - Santa Fe -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- Societies -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Architecture design -- Law and legislation -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Architecture, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Armories --New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos. 1
- Art -- Study and teaching 1
- Art, American--New Mexico--20th century 1
- Art, Modern 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Artist colonies -- New Mexico. 1 ∧ less
- English 64
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 2
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 2
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Brown, W. H. (William Henry), 1844-1886 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Historic American Buildings Survey 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Parsons, Jack, 1939- 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Facility Planning 1 ∧ less