Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 73
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Abstract Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) records document the activities of the Detachment (Det) 510 between 1949 and 2011. Det 510 was first established at the University of New Mexico in 1949 and it is one of 145 detachments across the nation.
Abstract Papers of Albert Curry which contains photographs of New Mexico Agricultural College, now New Mexico State University, and information of the Mesilla Valley Audubon Society.
Dates: 1916 - 1980
Abstract The collection documents people and events relevant to the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico. and by extension, the American G.I. Forum of the United States.
Abstract The collection consists of a collegiate scrapbook containing photographs, programs, dance cards, and memorabilia from York's time as a student at University of New Mexico in the mid-1920s.
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Abstract The Betty Huning Scrapbook contains invitations to dances, personal photographs, and other mementos pertaining to Huning’s time as a student at the University of New Mexico.
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Abstract The Caroline Farnsworth Collection contains two scrapbooks that have invitations to dances, personal photographs, and other mementos pertaining to Farnsworth’s time as a student at The University of New Mexico.
Abstract The collection documents the national Ribbon Project with particular details about New Mexico’s participation.
Identifier: AC 140
Scope and Content One scrapbook kept by Lutz containing letters, bills, circulars, and other materials. Most of the scrapbook items concern Lutz's work for the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad, and the U.S. Census Office. There are also materials on mining in the area of Cerrillos, New Mexico.
Dates: 1890 - 1894
Identifier: UNMA 099
Abstract David Spence Hill served as the president of the University of New Mexico from 1919-1927. The collection contains correspondence with faculty and students, information on campus lands, writings, and scrapbooks.
Abstract The collection relates primarily to the 1950’s-60’s rock and roll/garage band music scene and the East Mountain area of Albuquerque, NM – particularly softball and weather.
Dates: 1953-2014; Majority of material found within 1966-1996
Identifier: AC 386-p
Scope and Content Collection contains one scrapbook documenting former students of the Melrose, New Mexico School (who were registered between August 31, 1931 and May 20, 1943). The scrapbook was created in 1993 for a class reunion on August 14, 1993. Included in the collection is a short biography and a photograph of Dolores Durnell with New Mexico State Senator Nancy Rodriguez during the 2nd session of the 45th New Mexico legislature, 2002, in which the Senate adopted a resolution honoring Dolores Durnell for...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 105
Scope and Content Collection contains Edgar L. Hewett's personal and business papers and covers the years 1905 to 1947. The folders are mostly in chronological order until Hewett's death in 1946, although the letters are not strictly in order by date. Folders in the later boxes are in alphabetical order by subject matter, and sometimes these are in reverse chronological order. Undated and incomplete letters for any particular period are normally at the end of a folder. Correspondence is arranged...
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Abstract Papers and photographs from former Republican New Mexico governor and federal judge Edwin L. Mechem.
Dates: ca. 1950-2004
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Abstract The primary component of this collection is a scrapbook of post cards, photos, and clipped information relating to travels in the Southwest, particularly national parks and monuments in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 211
Scope and Content The collection revolves around the internationally recognized sculptor and longtime resident of Santa Fe -- Eugenie Fredericka Shonnard. The bulk of the collection is from the mid-nineteenth century to the late 1970s. The collection is arranged both topically and chronologically. Biographical sketches precede those individuals whose papers comprise a significant portion of the overall collection. Collection consists of letters, diaries, ledgers, clippings, scrapbooks, notebooks,...
Dates: 1729-1978 (bulk, 1850-1978)
Identifier: AC 091-P
Scope and Content One scrapbook of newspaper clippings from New Mexico newspapers in the late 1880s and 1890. Most of the clippings are from the Las Vegas News and the Las Vegas Democrat of Las Vegas, New Mexico. The clippings involve a broad range of topics, including politics, prohibition, and the suicide of Annie Videlle, a teen-age prostitute, in Las Vegas in 1890. One of the clippings includes the statement of purpose from the first issue...
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 27
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 26
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 7
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- Clippings 33
- Photographs 27
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 10
- Account books 8
- Diaries 7
- Letters 7
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- Publications 6
- Reports 6
- Financial records 5
- Postcards 5
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 4
- Certificates 4
- Correspondence 4
- Manuscripts 4
- Minutes (Records) 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- Ephemera 3
- Family histories 3
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Genealogy 3
- Governors -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Addresses 2
- Annual reports 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- By-laws 2
- College students -- New Mexico 2
- Constitutions 2
- Europe--Description and travel 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Family papers 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 2
- Letterpress copybooks 2
- Map 2
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Newsletters 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Poems 2
- Programs 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Yearbooks 2
- (Buffalo, N.Y.) -- Travel 1
- Academic freedom 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Bands 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Allen, Lois Stone--Archives. 1
- Allen, Lois Stone. Ismailia or a Young Girl’s Trip to California with Ismailia--Manuscripts. 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Amistad (N.M.) -- History 1
- Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine for North America. Ismailia Temple 1
- Anton Chico (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Arbor Day 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art, modern -- 20th Century -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists--California 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--History--Sources. 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--Las Cruces--Directories. 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico--Las Cruces--History--Sources. 1
- Athletes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Athletics -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Attorneys general--New Mexico 1
- Attorneys--New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico. 1
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bands (Music) – New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico--Lincoln County 1
- Baseball -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 34
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 4
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Curry, Albert 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Henderson, Alice Oliver 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- School of American Archaeology (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico. Faculty Women's Club 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1 ∧ less