Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 69
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice. It includes information on the history and structure of the organization and its work on issues including nuclear disarmament, nonviolence, solidarity with Central America, and military recruitment.
Dates: 1961-2010; Majority of material found within 1980-1989
Abstract Alfonso Sanchez was the District Attorney for Rio Arriba County during the land struggle of Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Alianza Federal de las Mercedes. The collection consists of biographical materials pertaining to Alfonso Sanchez, as well as materials pertaining to the Tierra Amarillo land grant and Reies Lopez Tijerina.
Dates: 1856-2004; Majority of material found within 1955-1970
Scope and Content Arden Tice's personal papers include correspondence and other materials pertaining to artists and writers of the Southwest, including Vivian Ayres, Robert Burlingame, Jerry and Sally Romotsky, Sandi Casillas, Judson Crews, Mildred Tolbert, Thurman Dillard, Wendell B. Anderson, and Dr. Wolfgang Cordon of Mexico. Tice's collection also includes family correspondence and other materials for her Hewitt ancestors in Oklahoma dating back to the 1880's. The bulk of the collection, however, covers...
Abstract The collection contains film of ranching life in New Mexico, with accompanying text describing the events on the film.
Dates: circa 1935-1966
Scope and Content This collection consists of the research materials, collected data, publications and reports used and generated in conjunction with the Barelas Community Project. Video and audio taped interviews, questionnaires, sociometric surveys, and information secured from informants are included in the collection. Box 1 contains most of the printed data and research, including the project proposal, surveys, and reports. A copy of Los Bareleños de Albuquerque,...
Dates: 1877-1985; Majority of material found in 1973-1974
Abstract The collection documents some of Basia Irland’s water-related projects. The bulk of the material relates to A Gathering of Waters: Rio Grande, Source to Sea, focusing on the plight of the Rio Grande/Rio Bravo from its source in the Colorado mountains, through New Mexico, and forming the border between Texas and Mexico.
Dates: 1975-2004; Majority of material found within 1996-2004
Abstract Photographs concerning government-sponsored art during the Depression era that were supported by the Work Projects Administration (WPA) and related organizations. Focuses on works of art, artists, art centers, art education, governmental officials, and politicians involved in these public art projects.
Scope and Content The collection contains the material for Belisario Contreras' book Tradition and Innovation in New Deal Art, London and Toronto: Associated University Presses, 1983. The collection consists of documents on the New Deal art programs of the Roosevelt administration during the 1930's and 1940's. It includes the official correspondence of Edward Bruce, Holger Cahill, and Forbes Watson, books and articles on New Deal art and the federal...
Dates: 1860-1976; Majority of material found in 1933-1942
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 13
Abstract This collection comprises research notes, writings, correspondence, printed materials, photographs, and memorabilia belonging to Barbara Brenner and relating to her research on the life and work of Taos artist and founding member of the Taos Society of Artists, O.E. Berninghaus.
Dates: 1896 - 2018
Found in: Lunder Research Center
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Abstract The collection contains the papers of poet and publisher Cecilio García-Camarillo (1943-2002). García-Camarillo was one of the founding poets of the Chicano cultural renaissance of the 1970s, an editor and publisher of three Chicano literary magazines -- Caracol, Magazin, and RAYAS, a playwright, an artist, and an activist.
Identifier: MSS -644-BC
Scope and Content This collection contains two main series: Personal and Professional Papers, and Printed Material. The Mattox papers center around the development of his sculpture and his various art shows. His involvement with the Department of Fine Arts at the University of New Mexico and with Albuquerque's Explora Museum, are also represented. Also included are newspaper and magazine clippings about Mattox and his work, as well as articles written by Mattox. An oversize box contains posters and large...
Dates: 1874-1994, (bulk 1949-1994)
Scope and Content The collection is divided into 16 overlapping series, and also includes an oversized folder. There is some duplication of series, reflecting multiple processing efforts over time. The series breakdown is as follows: I. Historical documents of New Mexico and the West: diaries, manuscripts, correspondence, transcriptions, printed matter, business records and other papers, mostly relating to NM territorial history. Material from New Mexico Secretary of the Territory (MSS 25 SC)...
Collection on Santa Fe politics, Debbie Jaramillo, and the making of the video documentary, "This town is not for sale!"
Abstract Collection of news articles, correspondence, political data and scripts and videotapes regarding the City of Santa Fe, the politics of the 1994 mayoral campaign, Mayor Debbie Jaramillo and the making of the documentary "This Town Is Not For Sale!"
Dates: 1984-2000; Majority of material found within 1993-1999
Abstract This collection, containing the official records of the 1992 commemoration of the 500th anniversary of the Columbian Quincentenary, documents the intellectual and social trends, contributions, and controversies surrounding the commemoration.
Dates: 1981-1995 (bulk 1990-1992)
Abstract The Eulalia and H. Emetaz Film Collection consists of 9 films, dating 1928 to 1932. Six are of various areas in the American Southwest including New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado. The other 3 films are of European locations.
Abstract This collection primarily contains photographs of church construction, church interiors, church models, religious processions and ceremonies in New Mexico. Video includes images of the 1929 plane crash on Mt. Taylor, New Mexico, California missions, priests and school children in Gallup, New Mexico. Also included are zinc halftone blocks.
Dates: 1917-1983; Majority of material found within 1928-1942
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Gloria Montoya Chavez, a student, administrator, writer, and advocate for Chicano/a and other minority issues. These papers deal with professional, personal, and political struggle within the University of New Mexico’s Chicano Studies and Chicano Student Services, also known as Hispanic Student Services, and in the surrounding community.
Abstract The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, published materials, research files, audio and video recordings, and personal journals documenting the literary career of Frank Waters.
Abstract This collection contains the records of Friend of the North Golf Course (FNGC), an Albuquerque, New Mexico based citizen action group. FNGC focused on preventing building and development on the University of New Mexico's North Golf Course. The collection relates to the history of the organization, and the issues that were the focus of its activities.
Dates: 1918-2014 (bulk 1985-1995, 2007)
Scope and Content The core of Archive #488 consists of papers, accumulated by Corry McDonald when he was chairperson of the New Mexico Wilderness Study Committee (1966-1976). The collection is divided into five series. The first series (boxes 1-2) contains correspondence, bills, proposals, reports, environmental studies, maps and general information pertaining to New Mexico wilderness areas. The second series, General Southwest, includes information on Southwest regional wilderness, water rights and mineral...
Identifier: AC 035-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of 10 postcards of paintings by Cassidy published by Fred Harvey for the 1922 Santa Fe Fiesta, and photocopies of four letters concerning the return of Cassidy's "Coronado Murals" to New Mexico in 1948.
Dates: 1922-1949; 1922; 1948; 1948; 1962
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract The New Mexico Green Party records consist largely of correspondence, flyers and brochures, newspaper clippings, newsletters, agendas, budgets, meeting minutes, and audio/video recordings. Materials document the political activism of the Green Party in New Mexico and its connection to national politics, environmental activism, and social and ecological negotiations.
Dates: 1987-2002; Majority of material found within 1994-2000
Abstract The Herzstein and Lord families films collection is composed of 37 reels of film which have been converted to DVD and VHS. Nineteen of these reels are of the family and events in Clayton, New Mexico from 1928-1960s. Other films of the family were taken in other locations such as California, Colorado, Texas, and Mexico. There are also commercial films, primarily of the World's Fair in Chicago.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 65
- Lunder Research Center 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- UNM School of Law Library 1
- Mural painting and decoration 65
- Photographs 23
- Sound recordings 19
- Clippings 10
- Letters 9
- Oral histories 7
- Artists -- New Mexico 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 5
- Ephemera 4
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 4
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico 4
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 3
- Elections -- New Mexico 3
- Latin America--Foreign relations--United States 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 3
- Slides (Photography) 3
- Art 2
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Taos -- 20th century. 2
- Art--Slides 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 2
- Columbus Quincentenary, 1992-1993 2
- Environmental policy -- New Mexico 2
- Essays 2
- Hispanic American women -- New Mexico 2
- Hopi Indians 2
- Indians of North America -- Education 2
- Indians of North America -- Politics and government 2
- Landscape photographs 2
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights 2
- Mexican Americans – Southwest, New -- Ethnic identity 2
- Minorities in art 2
- Multicultural education -- New Mexico 2
- Mural painting and decoration -- 20th century -- United States 2
- Navajo Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- Political activists -- New Mexico 2
- Posters 2
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Trials (Political crimes and offenses) -- New Mexico 2
- Wilderness areas -- New Mexico 2
- Works Progress Administration (WPA) 2
- Writer, Prose, Fiction and Nonfiction 2
- A gathering of waters: Rio Grande, source to the sea 1
- Academia de la Nueva Raza and Rio Grande Institute Records 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration -- Pictorial works 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Advertising -- Fashion -- New Mexico -- Clayton 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Aircraft accidents -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- America -- Exploration and discovery -- Anniversaries, etc. 1
- America -- Exploration and discovery -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- America -- Exploration and discovery -- Teaching 1
- American Airlines 1
- American Art Association (AAA) 1
- American Literature - Mexican American Authors 1
- American Magazine of Art 1
- American poetry - Mexican American authors 1
- American poetry -- Mexican American authors 1
- Anheuser Busch 1
- Anti-war demonstrations 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Socorro 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Architecture -- Societies -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- Study and teaching (Elementary) 1
- Architecture --Spain -- Barcelona 1
- Architecture and children 1
- Argentina -- Comic books, strips, etc. 1
- Art -- New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Art -- Study and teaching -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- Art -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- Art Digest 1
- Art and Archaeology Magazine 1
- Art and state -- United States 1
- Art commissions 1
- Art museums -- New Mexico -- Taos -- History 1
- Art, American 1
- Art, American -- Southwest, New -– 20th Century 1
- Art, American –- New Mexico –-Taos 1
- Artists 1
- Artists -- United States -- Interviews 1
- Artists -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists' books 1
- Atomic bomb -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 14
- Undetermined 10
- French 2
- Portuguese 2
- German 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 4
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 3
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 2
- Brenner, Barbara 2
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- Adair, John, 1913-1997 1
- Adams, Clinton, 1918-2002 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Anaya, Toney, 1941- 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Antreasian, Garo Z., 1922-2018 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Aquash, Anna Mae, 1945-1976 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baca, Jimmy Santiago, 1952- 1
- Bellecourt, Clyde H. (Clyde Howard), 1936- 1
- Blumenschein, Helen G. (Helen Greene), 1909-1989 1
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 1
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Gorman, R. C. (Rudolph Carl), 1932-2005 1
- Kloss, Gene, 1903-1996 1
- Looking Elk Martinez, Albert 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Sierra, Christine Marie 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Facility Planning 1
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War 1
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 1
- Western Writers of America 1
- Wilderness Society (U.S.) 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less