Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials relating to the Baca family of La Cienega, New Mexico. Series I consists of promissory notes, letters, contracts, and a land conveyance. Series II consists of promissory notes, letters, receipts, partido contracts (livestock contracts and chattel mortgages) and other documents involving either Ygnacio Baca or his son Juan Baca. Includes an 1846 inventory of Ygnacio Baca's estate. Series III consists primarily of documents involving Leonidas Baca...
Abstract The collection includes 82 captioned construction view photographic prints of the canals portion of the Navajo Indian Irrigation Project in San Juan County, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Dona Ana County, New Mexico (1852-1946). Included are the records of the county clerk (1852-1935), assessor (1870-1912), sheriff (1854-1923), county commission (1885-1916), justice of the peace (1863-1946), probate court (1859-1912), coroner (1864-1900), school superintendent (1876-1877), treasurer (1864-1913), road supervisor (1896, 1902), and the board of horticultural commissioners (1892). County Clerk's records include registers of deeds, brands,...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Lincoln County, New Mexico (1869-1932). Included are records of the county clerk (1869-1912), assessor (1870-1912), auditor (1875), treasurer (1883-1932), sheriff (1875-1897), county commissioners (1889-1912), justice of the peace (1876-1904), probate court (1870-1920), and miscellaneous records. Clerks records include poll and tally books, voter lists, election records, mining records, and registers of bonds, deeds, and marriages. Miscellaneous records...
Identifier: AC 135-P
Scope and Content Receipts and legal documents involving various members of the Lobato Family of Albuquerque.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract Photographs and negatives from the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District from the 1930s-1940s.
Dates: ca. 1930-1940 and 1980s
Abstract Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District serves portions of Sandoval, Bernalillo, Valencia, and Socorro Counties. Records include official minutes from 1925 to1952, a 1940 economic survey, photographs from the 1930s-1940s and a videotaped documentary from the 1980s.
Dates: 1925-ca. 1985; 1925-ca. 1985; Majority of material found in 1925-1952
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Auditor and its predecessors the Auditor and Territorial Auditor (1846-1998). Territorial records (1846-1912) include annual reports, administrative correspondence, financial records documenting court expenses and payments for bounties, reports on indigents and orphans, bonds for sheriffs and tax collectors bonds, and records of equalization taxes and rebates. Statehood records (1912-1998) include annual reports, and audit...
Content Note As of 2000 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Engineer, its predecessor the Territorial Engineer, and the Interstate Stream Commission, which is a statutorily separate agency coordinated and directed by the State Engineer (1888-1992). Includes biennial reports (1932-1978), one annual report from 1979, minutes, legal documents, publications, and ledger books. Most of the records concern water rights, water conservation, irrigation, flood control, and water resources. Includes...
Abstract This collection of oral interviews sheds light on the history and culture of El Cerrito, N.M., with particular attention to water, agriculture and the acequia.
Oral History Interviews of the New Mexico Department of Transportation Oral History Mitigation Projects
Abstract The collection consists of oral history interviews conducted by Shawn Kelley for Paramatrix, under contract with the New Mexico Department of Transportation. The interviews were designed to mitigate adverse effects of various projects, including US 82 (Riley Homestead) Data Recovery Project (Eddy County, NM) and Cambray Bridge Replacement Mitigation Project (Luna County, NM).
Abstract This small collection of New Mexico writer Orlando Romero's papers includes a proof copy of his first novel as well as copies of articles written for various magazines.
Scope and Content This collection has miscellaneous official records of the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1822-1934, with the bulk dating 1901-1930. It includes ordinances, bonds, deeds, minutes of meetings, petitions, correspondence, invoices, construction contracts and specifications for buildings, bridges, roads, and paving of the Plaza, treasury reports of the city, accounts of payment to the sheriff for feeding and keeping city prisoners, reports from the city clerk for fees collected for licenses,...
Dates: 1822-1934 (bulk 1901-1930)
Abstract Photographs related to life and the maintenance of the village acequia (irrigation ditch) in El Cerrito, New Mexico. The photographs were taken between 1992 and 2003. Photos show people, landscapes, work, agriculture, homes, churches, and other aspects of village life in the northern New Mexican Spanish land grant village of El Cerrito.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of James J. Shuler and Oscar E. Berninghaus. Series I consists primarily of Shuler's professional papers as a doctor, businessman, and Mayor in Raton, New Mexico. Much of the collection consists of letters sent by Shuler to various individuals concerning topics such as real estate, mining, irrigation, his medical practice, the New Mexico Municipal League, the Panama-California Exposition of 1915, and civic improvement projects in Raton. Some of the major...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Suaso family of Embudo, New Mexico. Includes land conveyances (1751-1801), wills of Josefa Martin (1786) and Juan Antonio Suaso (1818), and a petition made by Josefa Martin for the protection of her childrens inheritance rights to an acequia (1786). Also within the collection are fragments of documents involving a land dispute between Diego Antonio Duran and Juan Cordova (1826), a note by Governor Juan Bautista de Anza regarding a decree directed at...
Identifier: AC 037
Scope and Content Collection consists of the professional papers of the Catron and Catron law firm, Santa Fe, New Mexico, and the personal papers of the Catron family, 1883- 1917. The professional papers of the Catron and Catron firm include delinquent tax statements, debt collection papers, business correspondence, Reed Holloman correspondence, court cases, land grant materials, legal materials and office supplies correspondence and pension documents. Correspondence between Thomas B. Catron and the firm was...
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract This collection contains records of the Tonantzin Land Institute, an indigenous peoples advocacy organization founded in 1982. The records deal with a number of social and political issues relating to land, water, and community organizing, as well as administrative aspects of the Institute.
Dates: 1911-2000; Majority of material found within 1981-1997
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 9
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 7
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- Account books 5
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 5
- Wills 5
- Water rights -- New Mexico 4
- Deeds 3
- Ditches -- New Mexico 3
- Legal files 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- Annual reports 2
- Bonds (legal records) 2
- Contracts 2
- Conveyances 2
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- El Cerrito (N.M.) 2
- Family papers 2
- Flood control -- New Mexico 2
- Irrigation -- New Mexico 2
- Judicial records 2
- Local government -- Records 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Photographs 2
- Reports 2
- State government records 2
- Tax records 2
- Territorial records 2
- Voting registers 2
- Water -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- Acequias -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- American literature -- Mexican American authors 1
- Anton Chico (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Arroyo Hondo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Audits 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico 1
- Bridges -- Contracts 1
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Canon de San Diego de Jemez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Chacon (N.M.) 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 1
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- City councils -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Cochiti Indians Land tenure 1
- Community development--New Mexico 1
- Community organization--Southwest, New 1
- Conservation of natural resources --New Mexico 1
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Corpus Christi Festival -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Courts -- New Mexico 1
- Criminals -- New Mexico 1
- Deed books 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Embudo. 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- History -- Photographs. 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- La Cienega 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Lincoln County 1
- Ditches --New Mexico 1
- Ditches--New Mexico--Anton Chico 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Drought relief -- New Mexico 1
- Eddy County (N.M.) -- History 1
- El Agua es la Vida: A Village Life Portrait 1
- Embudo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Environmental justice 1
- Environmental protection--Citizen participation 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Estate records 1
- Financial records 1
- Flood control --New Mexico 1
- Forest management--Social aspects--Southwest, New 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Eddy County 1
- General stores--New Mexico--Anton Chico 1
- Historic bridges -- New Mexico 1
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 1
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Economic conditions 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Politics and government 1
- Indians of North America --Legal status, laws, etc.--New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America--Land tenure 1
- Indians of South America--Government relations 1
- Irrigation -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 1
- Irrigation --New Mexico 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes - New Mexico - Pictorial works 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Eddy County (N.M.) 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 11
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 2
- Stewart, Sharon 2
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Catron, C. C. 1
- Catron, Fletcher A. (Fletcher Arthur), b. 1890 1
- Coordinación de Organizaciones y Naciones Indigenas del Continente 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Indigenous Environmental Network 1
- Indigenous Peoples Alliance 1
- Indigenous Women's Network 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Lujan, David 1
- New Mexico Municipal League 1
- Quintana, Helen, interviewee 1
- Sellers, D. K. B. 1
- Southwest Network for Environmental and Economic Justice 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Tonantzin Land Institute 1
- United Nations 1 ∧ less