Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: AC 331
Scope and Content Collection consists of Aretas Hyde's memoirs. Memoirs have contemporary reactions to the anti-slavery and abolitionist movement before and during the Civil War. He also comments on the construction of pueblos in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 051-P
Scope and Content One bound 108-page typed transcript of 17 hours of audiotaped interviews of Thelma Cone Childers Cleveland (Cowan's mother). In the interviews Cleveland discusses the period 1906--1922, from her birth until her marriage. She provides a detailed account of life in a poor farming family that homesteaded near Redland, New Mexico, and later Gasoline, Texas. Includes descriptions of farming, social life, and schools in eastern New Mexico and west Texas in the early 20th century. A genealogy chart of...
Identifier: AC 470-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of research matericals including correspondence between Tomas Jaehn and members of the Gschwind family, picture descriptions and family history regarding the Balthasar Gschwind family and its ties to Oscuro, New Mexico homesteading.
Dates: 1832-1990; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 610
Scope and Content The collection contains real estate documents pertaining to family properties in Guadalupe County, NM and in Riverside County, California, as well as to the military service of William Gerhardt. There are also Commencement items from Santa Rosa High School.
Dates: 1907 to 1959; Majority of material found in 1914 to 1937
Identifier: AC 149-P
Scope and Content One 1861 letter from David J. Miller of Santa Fe to his niece Laura P. McCord of Mississippi, and one typescript of the letter. Miller gives a brief description of New Mexico and its people.
Identifier: AC 236-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a typescript of Webb's journal entitled "Memoirs of James J. Webb, Merchant in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1844." The memoirs describe Webb's business in Santa Fe and his journey across the Santa Fe Trail. Includes materials on two of Webb's business partners, John M. Kingsbury and William S. Messervy.
Identifier: AC 081
Scope and Content Collection consists of the memoirs of Jessie de Prado Farrington written in 1935. The memoirs discuss Farrington's life and homesteading experiences in the early 1900s in Agua Chicquita Canyon in Otero County, New Mexico. Photographs of Weed, New Mexico, Glen-Eben (Farrington's homestead), and of various people are included. Farrington's memoirs have been published in the New Mexico Historical Review.
Identifier: AC 118
Scope and Content The Jones Collection covers the years from 1844 to 1969 and deals mainly with the Jones family history in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and New Mexico. There is an extensive amount of material on Amistad, N.M. and Hawkeye, Iowa. Material includes papers from the Godlove and Brown families of the Amistad area, as well as general material on homesteading, turn-of-the-century education and social history. On August 7, 1975 Clara May Daves of Albuquerque donated a scrapbook to the Jones...
Identifier: AC 613-p
Scope and Content Collection contains a photograph of the Romero Cabin, contact sheets and negatives for photographs of the Pajarito Church and Father Cubells circa 1984-85, story copy, an approval checklist and source notes for a December 1984 Los Alamos National Laboratory news bulletin and a copy of a Homestead Entry Testimony of Claimant dated March 28, 1916.
Dates: 1980s; Majority of material found in 1984-1985
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- Account books 1
- Agriculture - Middle West 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Amistad (N.M.) -- History 1
- Businessmen -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Clippings 1
- Diaries 1
- Family histories 1
- Farmers -- New Mexico -- Redland 1
- Farmers -- Texas -- Gasoline 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - California 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - Illinois 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Guadalupe County 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Otero county 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Redland 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Texas -- Gasoline 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico--Amistad 1
- Gasoline (Tex.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Hawkeye (Iowa) -- History 1
- Immigration--Switzerland--Basel 1
- Land grants--New Mexico--Amistad 1
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico--Amistad 1
- Memoirs and biographies 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- New Mexico (Guadalupe County) 1
- New Mexico -- Los Alamos 1
- New Mexico -- Pajarito Plateau 1
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- Ohio - Social life and customs 1
- Oral histories 1
- Oscuro (N.M.) 1
- Otero county (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Pajarito Plateau (N.M.) -- History 1
- Photographs 1
- Pueblos - New Mexico 1
- Ranches -- New Mexico -- Otero county 1
- Real property, exchange of 1
- Redland (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Religious biography 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 1
- Santa Fe Trail 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Slavery - United States 1
- Soldiers 1
- Weed (N.M.) -- Views 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 6
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1