Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: AC 016
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence among Donald Beauregard, Frank Springer, Edgar L. Hewett, Paul A.F. Walter, and others, primarily concerning the health of Beauregard and the disposition of his paintings. Also included in the collection is correspondence between Beauregard's family and Springer and Hewett regarding artwork left by Beauregard to Springer and the Museum of Fine Arts. Beauregard, a protege of Frank Springer of the Museum of New Mexico, studied art in Europe and was scheduled...
Identifier: AC 021-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a 13-page handwritten text of a speech given by Blumenschein in 1953 on the occasion of John Gaw Meem's induction as an honorary fellow of the School of American Research in Santa Fe, and five letters sent and one letter received by Blumenschein between 1946 and 1955.
Identifier: AC 211
Scope and Content The collection revolves around the internationally recognized sculptor and longtime resident of Santa Fe -- Eugenie Fredericka Shonnard. The bulk of the collection is from the mid-nineteenth century to the late 1970s. The collection is arranged both topically and chronologically. Biographical sketches precede those individuals whose papers comprise a significant portion of the overall collection. Collection consists of letters, diaries, ledgers, clippings, scrapbooks, notebooks,...
Dates: 1729-1978 (bulk, 1850-1978)
Identifier: AC 523
Scope and Content The collection contains the woodblocks for Gustave Baumann's Frijoles Canyon Pictographs (1939) and Indian Pottery: Old and New (1919) (Boxes 1-7), books from Gustave and Jane Baumann and their daughter Ann (Box 8), and correspondence and other archival materials pertaining almost exclusively to Baumann's craft of marionettes.
Identifier: AC 641
Scope and Content Schechter's collection consists of personal records (journals, scrapbooks, unpublished memoir chapters, news clippings, interviews and correspondence), professional records covering sales of art pieces and paper art products, paper art product prototypes and samples, original art and writing, photographs and slides, published works and unpublished projects.
Dates: 1957-2015; Majority of material found in 1980-2012
Abstract John Gaw Meem, Will Shuster, and Karl Larsson discuss Santa Fe and the development of Santa Fe's art colony, as well as the Depression, Los Alamos/World War II, art and artists in general, homogenization and globalization particularly regarding art and architecture.
Dates: 1965 August 27
Abstract This collection is comprised of letters, clippings, and writings pertaining to author Raymond Otis.
Dates: 1925-1966; Majority of material found in 1938
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 5
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 2
- Art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Account books 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Art colonies – New Mexico – Santa Fe 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography 1
- Clippings 1
- Diaries 1
- Family histories 1
- Financial records 1
- Genealogy 1
- Lamy (N.M.) -- History 1
- New Mexico--Intellectual life 1
- Novelists, American--20th century 1
- Oral histories 1
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Poets - New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Puppet making -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Raton (N.M.)--History 1
- Raton (N.M.)--Social life and customs 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--Intellectual life 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sculptors--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Taos (N.M.)--Intellectual life 1
- West (U.S.)--In literature 1
- Wood blocks (printing blocks) 1
- Wood-engravers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 3
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1