Thomas B. Catron Papers
Scope and Content
All the Catron land grant files are available online or on microfilm. They contain materials of potential value to researchers from an enormously broad range of disciplines and interests, in addition to land grantees and legal scholars. Prospective users of the collection include, but are not limited to, genealogists, geographers, historians, anthropologists, and researchers interested in water issues. While principally addressing matters related to New Mexico, broader themes and patterns relevant to other times and placed can also be discerned in this rich and extensive collection.
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 (Person)
Language of Materials
Series 101 and 102 (Correspondence), Series 301-310 (Land Title Records), and Series 401-409 (Political Papers) must be accessed via microfilm.
259 boxes, plus 105 volumes, plus 6 oversize folders
Land Grant Cases Online
Some oversize maps listed in this guide to the Thomas B. Catron Papers are available in digital form at New Mexico Waters. At that site use the search boxes to look for maps for a specific land grant.
Files not available online remain accessible at the Center for Southwest Research.
Series 301-310 Master digital files on CD stored in B3.
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.)
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914
- Business records -- New Mexico
- Catron & Catron
- Catron, C. C.
- Catron, Julia A., 1857-1909
- Elections -- New Mexico
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944
- La Majada Land Grant (N.M.)
- Land grants -- New Mexico
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.)
- New Mexico's Digital Collections
- Otero, Miguel Antonio, 1859-1944
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure
- Tierra Amarilla Grant (N.M.)
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1953
- Finding Aid of the Thomas B. Catron Papers, 1692-1934
- Processed by CSWR staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//University of New Mexico::Center for Southwest Research//TEXT (US::NmU::MSS 29 BC::Thomas B. Catron Papers)//EN" "nmu1mss29bc.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
Part of the UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections Repository
University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections
University Libraries, MSC05 3020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131