Oral History Interviews with Frank Waters
Scope and Content
During the interview, Frank Waters relates many anecdotes of his life, philosophy, and of his writing.He speaks of local events, history, and the environment that inspired his stories. The interviewers question the author on subjects such as; the Hopi, native american mythology, Taos artists, religious ceremonies, Pueblo life, the Southwest and it's environment. Conversations also cover topics including, Mesoamerica, the author's research experiences, his use of the term "Indian America," and his understanding of religion. On a personal basis, his wife Barbara reflects on their first meeting and on their life together.
Master video and audio cassettees tapes are housed in B3. Duplicates for patron use are housed in the collection.
- 1989, September 14-17
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 (Person)
Language of Materials
13 video recordings (DVD) (ca. 13 hrs.), 7 sound cassettes (ca. 5 hrs.)
- Center for Southwest Research
- Zimmerman Library
- University of New Mexico
- Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131-1466
- Phone: 505-277-6451
- Fax: 505-277-0530
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://eLibrary.unm.edu/cswr
- Finding Aid of the Oral History Interviews with Frank Waters, 1989, September 14-17
- Processed by GMB
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//University of New Mexico::Center for Southwest Research//TEXT (US::NmU::MSS 613 BC::Oral History Interviews with Frank Waters)//EN" "nmu1mss613bc.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.
Part of the UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections Repository
University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections
University Libraries, MSC05 3020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131