Pioneers Foundation (New Mexico) Oral History Collection
Scope and Content
A few tapes are in Spanish, all others in English.
Not all tapes have been transcribed.
No referent for footnote indicator in contents list.
Additional reels of microfilm were added to this collection in 2004. These reels contain many of Lou Blachly's personal papers which he had microfilmed and subsequently gave to the University of New Mexico Library. Blachly also recorded himself reading many of the same personal papers. Those recordings are included in the contents list of the collection. The papers were not microfilmed and recorded in the same order. The location of the original papers is unknown.
Language of Materials
13 Boxes (13 cu. ft.)
Microfilm of Personal Papers
The following is a guide to Blachly's personal papers on microfilm. It also includes one reel of correspondence of Montague Stevens. The film is cataloged under the call number ZIM CSWR F 801 P56 1960 reels 9-13. Reels 1-8 contain the transcripts of the Pioneers Foundation Oral History Collection.
- Letters of Barbara Blachly (daughter) Oct. 7, 1950 - Feb. 14, 1956.
- Letters of William Blachly (son) May 11, 1941 - May 21, 1956.
- Diaries of Lou Blachly, Jan. 2, 1950, Santo Domingo, NM - Sept. 1954, Takoma Park, MD.
- Starts on page 33 of diary [April 1954?] - Jan. 6, 1955, Santo Domingo, NM (last legible date)
- Photographs, unidentified
- New Mexico and Colorado newspapers, single issues of various titles,1886 - 1895
- Letters, reports and diaries of Lou Blachly, May 25, 1943 - August 26, 1945, mostly from North Africa.
- Family letters, May 1941 - October 10, 1950
- Verses by Lou Blachly, 1941 - 1953
- Letters, reports and diaries of Lou Blachly, May 25, 1943 - Dec. 19, 1946, mostly North Africa and Germany.
- Diary and songs, April 11, 1949 - Nov. 11, 1951, Magdalena and Albuquerque, some out of chronological order.
- Letters of Montague Stevens, March 13, 1896, Denver - March 24, 1896, Albuquerque.
Box Inventory for Compact Discs
|Tapes 1-124||Box 1|
|Tapes 125-283||Box 2|
|Tape 284-432||Box 3|
|Tape 433-520, 890||Box 4|
There are no CDs for reels 154, 181, 218 (reels were blank); or 41-42 (duplicates of 40), 47 (same as 254), 181, 218, 246, 290, 352 (same as 353), 360 (same as 359), 370 (same as 298), 501 (same as 6)
- Finding Aid of the Pioneers Foundation (New Mexico) Oral History Collection, 1952-1960
- Processed by CSWR Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//University of New Mexico::Center for Southwest Research//TEXT (US::NmU::MSS 123 BC::Pioneers Foundation (New Mexico) Oral History Collection)//EN" "nmu1mss123bc.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.
Part of the UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections Repository
University of New Mexico Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections
University Libraries, MSC05 3020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131