Series I: Los Matachines de Alcalde, circa 1978 to 1988
Scope and Contents
- circa 1978 to 1988
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
17 Photographic Prints : 2 platinum, 15 gelatin silver, exhibition mounted prints ; Up to 26 x 32
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Douglas Kent Hall, In New Mexico Light (Santa Fe: Museum of New Mexico Press, 2007).
- Thomas Barrow, ed., Photography: New Mexico (Albuquerque: Fresco Fine Art Books, 2008).
- Douglas Kent Hall, Passing Through: Western Meditations of Douglas Kent Hall (Flagstaff, AZ: Northland Publishing, 1989).
- Douglas Kent Hall, Visionary (Santa Fe: Pennywhistle Press, 2002).
- Douglas Kent Hall, New Mexico: Voices in an Ancient Landscape (New York, Henry Holt, 1993).
- John Burkhalter III, "Exhibit Honors Spanish Heritage," review of Matachines photographs exhibited at Princeton University Firestone Library, Time Off, March 9, 1983.
- "Los Matachines de Alcalde: Photographs by Douglas Kent Hall," feature, Millicent Rogers Museum Newsletter, October 1, 1984.
- S. M. P., "Art on the Dark Side," review of Matachines show at Millicent Rogers Museum, ArtLines, Winter 1984/85.
- "The Face Is Familiar," review of Matachine exhibition at New York's Segal Gallery, Saturday Review, Briefings, May/June 1985.
- "Los Matachines de Alcalde," cover story and photographs by Douglas Kent Hall, Albuquerque Journal Magazine Impact, December 17, 1985.
- "Matachine with Death Head Palma," feature, Philadelphia Enquirer, May 16, 1986.
- The Photo Review Newsletter, cover and feature (Los Matachines), June 1986.
- New Mexico Magazine, cover photograph of Matachines, feature article, December 1986.
- "Los Matachines de Alcalde," cover and feature, text and photos by Douglas Kent Hall, ArtSpace magazine, Spring 1987.
- WESTAF 1987 Annual Report, cover of Matachine photograph. Malinda Elliott, "New Mexico's Colorful Christmas Pageants," Matachines feature, Boston Globe, December 18, 1988.
- "Winter 'Dances' of Northern New Mexico," review of Matachines photographs, Las Palabras: Millicent Rogers Museum Quarterly Newsletter, January–March, 1991.
Part of the NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives Repository
113 Lincoln Ave.
Santa Fe NM 87501 USA