Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Chaves County,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the territorial and New Mexico district court records for Chaves County, New Mexico (1890-1937). The bulk of the material covers the years 1891-1914. Included are record books (1891-1914) and case files (1890-1937). Record books consist of criminal (1892-1912) and civil (1891-1913) dockets and court proceedings record books (1891-1914). Case files consist of criminal cases 1-1344 (1890-1913) and civil cases 1-9275 (1891-1937). Large gaps may exist between case files.
- 1890-1937 (Bulk 1891-1914)
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Chaves County, New Mexico was established in 1889 and formed part of the 5th Judicial District of the United States Territorial Courts. Upon statehood in 1912, the Territorial Courts became the New Mexico District Courts.
34.5 linear feet + 19 v.
Collection is organized into four series:
- I. Docket Books
- II. Record Books (Journals)
- III. Criminal Case Files
- IV. Civil Case Files
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Chaves County, 1890-1937 (Bulk 1891-1914)
- Edited Full Draft
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1980-034::Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Chaves County)//EN" "nmar1980-034.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.