Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Luna County,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the territorial and New Mexico district court records for Luna County, New Mexico (1901-1921). Included are criminal cases 1-664, 1182 (1901-1916, 1921) and civil cases 1-318 (1901-1911). Large gaps may exist between case files. Many of the cases after 1911 are not part of this collection. Also included are applications to practice law.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Luna County, New Mexico was established in 1901 and formed part of the 3rd Judicial District of the United States Territorial Courts in New Mexico. In 1912 Luna County was transferred from the 3rd to the 6th Judicial District. Upon statehood in 1912, the Territorial Courts became the New Mexico District Courts.
12 Linear Feet
Collection is organized into three series:
- I. Miscellaneous Records
- II Criminal Case Files
- III. Civil Case Files
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Luna County, 1901-1921
- Edited Full Draft
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1978-022::Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Luna County)//EN" "nmar1978-022.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.