Luna County, N.M. Records,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the records of Luna County, New Mexico (1901-1970). The bulk of the materials cover the years 1901 to 1924. Materials consist of records of the county clerk (1901-1970, bulk 1901-1918), sheriff (1910-1913), county commissioners (1908-1924), justice of the peace (1901-1919, 1929), probate court (1901-1932), treasurer (1902-1913), assessor (1901-1912), and road board (1912-1917). Clerks records include registers of applications for marriage licenses, chattel mortgages, oaths and bonds, and licenses; election returns; notarial records; and articles of incorporation. County commissioners records include a special census of Columbus, New Mexico (1913). Justice of the peace records include civil and criminal case files and coroners inquests (1904-1914).
- 1901-1970 (bulk 1901-1924)
Language of Materials
Documents are fragile. Use microfilm if available.
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Formerly parts of Dona Ana County, New Mexico, Luna County was created in 1901.
7 linear feet + 31 v. + 4 rolls
Some records are on microfilm.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Articles of incorporation
- Bonds (legal records)
- Columbus (N.M.) -- Census -- 1913
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- Luna County
- Judicial records
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Luna County
- Legal files
- Local government -- Records
- Luna County (N.M.) -- History
- Luna County (N.M.) -- Politics and government
- Marriage records
- Minutes (Records)
- Notarial documents
- Tax records
- Inventory of the Luna County, N.M. Records, 1901-1970 (bulk 1901-1924)
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Daphne S.O. Arnaiz-DeLeon
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1978-021::Luna County, N.M. Records)//EN" "nmar1978-021.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.