Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Union County,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the territorial and New Mexico district court records for Union County, New Mexico (1893-1919). Included are record books (1893-1917), case files (1894-1919), and miscellaneous jury records. Record books consist of various dockets (1894-1912) court proceedings record books (1893-1913), a clerk's cash book (1908-1910), and a day book (1913-1917). Dockets consist of criminal (1895-1911), civil (1894-1912), judge's criminal and civil (1896-1909), and judge's trial (1894-1895) volumes. Court proceedings record books cover criminal and civil hearings. Case files include criminal cases 1-649 (1895-1911) and civil cases 1-1993 (1894-1919). Large gaps exist between case files.
Language of Materials
Original case files are extremely fragile. Use microfilm only.
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Union County, New Mexico was established in 1893 and formed part of the 4th Judicial District of the United States Territorial Courts in New Mexico. In 1912 Union County was transferred from the 4th to the 8th Judicial District. Upon statehood in 1912, the Territorial Courts became the New Mexico District Courts.
25.25 linear feet + 20 v. + 19 rolls
The collection is organized into five series:
- I. Docket Books
- II. Record Books (Journals)
- III. Miscellaneous Record Books
- IV. Miscellaneous Records
- V. Criminal Case Files
- VI. Civil Case Files
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Union County, 1893-1919
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1976-021::Records of the United States Territorial and New Mexico District Courts for Union County)//EN" "nmar1976-021.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.