New Mexico Office of State Treasurer Records,
Scope and Content
As of 1997 collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Office of the State Treasurer (1955-1974) and its predecessor the Office of the Territorial Treasurer (1849-1911). State records include ledgers, proceedings of financial and investment boards, and administration files. Territorial records include administrative correspondence, annual reports, journals, and ledgers.
Partial finding aid.
Partial finding aid.
Language of Materials
Access to original territorial records restricted; Use microfilm only (Territorial Archives of New Mexico).
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Office of Territorial Treasurer of New Mexico was created as an appointive office in 1846 by the Kearney Code, a body of laws created by Gen. Stephen Watts Kearny for the governance of New Mexico after its annexation by the United States in 1846. In 1912, with statehood, the Office of the State Treasurer became an elective one (1912 New Mexico State Consitution, Art. V, Sec. 1). The State Treasurer is charged with receiving and keeping all monies of the State, excapt as otherwise provided; distributing public money; and investing the state's permanent fund.
22 Linear Feet
Records of Territorial Treasurer (1849-1909) also available on microfilm as part of the Teritorial Archives of New Mexico (Rolls 44-46).
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Account books
- Annual reports
- Executive departments -- New Mexico
- Finance, Public --New Mexico
- Investments --New Mexico
- Minutes (Records)
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951-
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848
- State government records
- Territorial records
- Trusts and trustees --New Mexico
- Inventory of the New Mexico Office of State Treasurer Records, 1847-[ongoing]
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1974-060::New Mexico Office of State Treasurer Records)//EN" "nmar1974-060.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.