San Juan County, N.M. Records,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the records of San Juan County, New Mexico (1887-1979). The bulk of the materials cover the years 1887 to 1927. Included are poll books (1889-1890) and records of the county commissioners (1927, 1979), assessor (187-1912), justice of the peace (1890-1915), and probate court (1919, 1924). Justice of the peace and probate court records are case files.
- 1887-1979 (Bulk 1887-1927)
Language of Materials
Documents are fragile. Use microfilm if available.
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Formerly parts of Taos and Rio Arriba Counties, New Mexico, San Juan County was created in 1887.
.5 linear feet + 4 rolls
Some records are available on microfilm.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the San Juan County, N.M. Records, 1887-1979 (Bulk 1887-1927)
- Edited Full Draft
- Revised by Daphne S.O. Amaiz-DeLeon
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1974-025::San Juan County, N.M. Records)//EN" "nmar1974-025.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.