Pueblo Lands Board Records,
Scope and Content
Collection consists primarily of memorandums, documents from hearings, and minutes of meetings of the Pueblo Lands Board. Also included are letters sent and received by Roberts Walker, Chairman of the Pueblo Lands Board, and letters received by Herbert J. Hagerman, U.S. Indian Commissioner authorized to negotiate with the Pueblos. Individual files are present for the Pueblos of Nambe, Pojoaque, Tesuque, Laguna, and Acoma. Materials concerning the Navajo are also present in this collection.
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board (Organization)
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Pueblo Lands Board was created by the U.S. Congress in 1924 to clarify Pueblo Indian land rights as well as clear land titles within Pueblo land grants.
2 Linear Feet
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Acoma (N.M.)
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935
- Indian land transfers --Arizona
- Indian land transfers --New Mexico
- Laguna (N.M.)
- Nambe Pueblo (N.M.)
- Navajo Indians -- Government relations
- Navajo Indians --Land tenure
- Pojoaque Pueblo (N.M.)
- Pueblo Indians --Government relations
- Pueblo Indians --Land tenure
- Tesuque Pueblo (N.M.)
- Inventory of the Pueblo Lands Board Records, 1924-1930
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1974-013::Pueblo Lands Board Records)//EN" "nmar1974-013.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.