Otero County, N.M. Records,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the records of Otero County, New Mexico (1892-1954). The bulk of the materials are Justice of the Peace criminal and civil docket books (1900-1908). Included are records of the County Clerk (1901-1920), County Assessor (1899-1912), Justice of the Peace (1892-1942), County Commissioners (1910-1954), and miscellaneous records that include minutes of the County Advisory Board (1946) and County Extension Agent annual reports (1944-1954).
- 1890-1954 (Bulk 1900-1908)
Language of Materials
Documents are fragile. Use microfilm if available.
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Formerly parts of Lincoln and Dona Ana Counties, New Mexico, Otero County was created in 1899.
1 linear feet + 9 v. + 4 rolls
Some records are available on microfilm.
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Otero County, N.M. Records, 1890-1954 (Bulk 1900-1908)
- Edited Full Draft
- Revised by Daphne S.O. Amaiz-DeLeon
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1971-012::Otero County, N.M. Records)//EN" "nmar1971-012.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.